Need a little help here

GD26

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2015 04:05 pm
I'm going to try to make this as short as possible. I fell for one of my best friends. We are very close and can tell each other anything. We've been through a lot together the past year, both of us going through break ups, I tried to move away and it didn't work out like I had hoped, but a big one that we went through is when I almost died in a car wreck. Through my process in healing she has been here a lot for me. As in constantly comes to visit me and get me out of the house at least once a week. Through the course of all this I started to realize that she's not just my best friend but that I really care about her and love her, but I kept it to myself for a month or so because I didn't feel like she felt that way about me. More specifically she one time told me a conversation that she was having about me with her grandmother in which her grandmother asked "Why arn't you dating him?". To which she responded that it would be wierd because I used to date her cousin. I took that as there was never a chance. So a few weeks back I spilled my feelings out to her on a car ride home from a night out. She told me that she had feelings for me back when I came home from Texas and all through my accident but that she couldn't as she started seeing her ex who she constantly complained to me about before she knew how I felt about her, again because she never got the idea I felt that way about her too. Now for the last month or so things have been really awkward between us. I am obviously upset and she keeps telling me she desperately doesn't want our friendship to change, to the point of her crying the last time we hung out. I guess the questions I have are: A) Do you think she still has feelings for me as more than a friend? and B) What do I do from here? It kills me because of how I feel about her but at the same time regardless of all of this I still really care about her and don't want to lose what we had before either.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 407 • Replies: 4
No top replies

GD26

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2015 04:16 pm
@GD26,
Also (I couldn't edit correctly on my phone) two other possibly relevant things. Said ex she is "back" with she told me while discussing my feeling for her were that she's not happy and he also lives 5 hours away now she she doesn't think it will last. I know that doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme but it is possibly pertanint to the situation. Thanks for reading and any replies.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2015 04:25 pm
So, she currently has a boyfriend.

Forget that it's long distance or anything else about it. She's got a boyfriend.

Hence, you don't pursue things. Instead, live your life. Date others if you want to (although not for the express purpose of making her jealous. Just, if the opportunity presents itself and you want to see someone else, then don't stand on ceremony).

If it ends with this other guy, and you are both unattached, then what the hell, go for it. And see what happens -- but I will tell you right now that I suspect she wants to remain friends with you and no more. And I further suspect that your accident dredged up unresolved feelings and you wanted to feel close to someone and she was the most likely candidate. I'm not trying to diminish your feelings but I am trying to warn you that you might find that a relationship doesn't happen.

That's not the worst thing in the world, you know.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2015 04:58 pm
@GD26,
GD you have my utmost sympathy but as a long-time participant in the field of journ I'd suggest for added response (1) Divide into paras; (2) Rewrite first par to summarize; (3) Carriage-return between paras
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2015 07:54 am
It's only been a month since you let her know your complete feelings, so give her time to digest everything. Your revelation puts your relationship on an entirely different track.

If you REALLY want to push this, then stop being in the "friend zone". Make it clear that you are ready for something MORE and don't allow your relationship to stay in neutral. She says she has a BF, then not. She needs to sort that out. You can't wait around forever. Stop being so available as a friend. You clearly want something more.

I do agree that you seem to be more in need of romance in your life since you were recovering, so check your own motives, too.

There are lots of girls out there. You sound like you want someone in your life, so make that happen, whether it's with her or some other gal.

0 Replies