He stood me up twice, should I give one more chance?

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2015 07:40 am
So I met this guy in October last year we meet up a few times and slept together a few times. Then he didn't turn up at mine one time when we organised; i thought Hey it happens to us all (being caught up somewhere i mean!) We meet up a few more times then he started working nights and stood me up twice. After the second time i didn't hear from him for a week then at 1am last night i get this message; 
I know you probably don't want nothing to do with me I am going to make up for all the messing up I've done lately I do genuinely really like you and every time I received a text from you or heard your voice I would get this stupid grin on my face I want to go back to how we was I know I haven't helped and this is no excuse but my heads been in a bad place but I have that sorted now and if you would give me one last chance I want to make things rite with you xx 
I reeeeally like this guy so would like to give him another chance, my message back so far is; 
It's not that i don't want to have anything to do with you, it's more not wanting to be stood up!! I think your great and had fun hanging out.... 

Not sent yet need advice! He as also now added me on Facebook.... 
sensible advice only please!!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 2,572 • Replies: 5

Ragman

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2015 08:16 am
@tweedledummie,
If a casual relationship with no-strings is what you seek, then go for it. If you're looking for something long-term, forget it. Why did he take since October to get his head right?

He's not serious. Are you?
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2015 03:31 pm
@tweedledummie,
Quote:
if you would give me one last chance I want to make things rite with you

Make him take you out for dinner, no sexual encounter after.

Then if he texts you or calls you after, arrange another date, one that doesn't require money away from your home and no sexual encounter after.

You'll then now if he's worth giving a chance and he's not going to go on a third one without sex if that's all he is interested in.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2015 03:34 pm
@tweedledummie,
Perhaps you could ask him what he thinks will allow you to trust him going forward?

and definitely what Found Soul says

sex (of all sorts) is off the books until there have been a few straight-out dates
0 Replies

tweedledummie

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2015 06:09 pm
Thanks everyone, @foundsoul excellent advice, i messaged to arrange a meet up no response since yesterday so that's that!! But thanks for all the help!
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2015 06:21 pm
@tweedledummie,
Well, you are no "dummie" Smile Better fish out there in the sea sweet.
0 Replies