What are your thoughts on grammar and punctuation here?

JWO

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2015 05:02 pm
I enjoyed meeting with you this morning and discussing education in general as well as Mrs. L***’s class. I did check on several of the questions that I wrote down. The grammar lessons are taken from a grammar book written by Ortmann. It is the same book that is being used at CMS. The assignments are posted on schoology and the due dates are posted on assignments. Ariana has access to those assignments even if she is late doing them. The 6th grade team deduct 10% per day on late assignments in order to get students in the practice of completing things on time. This has not been an ongoing problem for Ariana.

There was a question about the tech piece correcting the grammar on iPad. To prevent this students move their work to notability which does not have a correction feature.

I checked into the assignment referenced about a serial killer. The class is reading the book Freak the Mighty and the question was to write about what the word freak means to them– it was set up that way so that when reading the book students thoughts about this word might change. One student in the room wrote about a serial killer but that was not a prevalent theme in the classroom.

Once again I want to thank you for coming in with concerns. I know we always try to meet everyone’s needs and hopefully we can do that for Ariana also.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 822 • Replies: 1
No top replies

McTag

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 01:55 pm
@JWO,

Not bad. Changes:

Schoology, Notability, students' thoughts, Freak the Mighty.

...not a prevalent theme...? ... not a popular theme/ common theme/ but he was the only one who chose that theme.
0 Replies