pshah

Wed 18 Feb, 2015 04:50 am
Hello,

I got a root canal done in my 6th and 7th teeth on my left half. I have tried full ceramic crowns and later when they broke for numerous times I then shifted to full metal crowns.

But it seems it is not helping me much. The metal crown gets detached even after fixing it. I am really getting tired of all these things.

Is there any permanent solution for it so that the crowns don't come off every now and then? Also I am now thinking that I should leave the teeth without a crown. Would it be suitable? Just as an additional information dentist's say that the crown is not getting in its place and keeping its hold is because the crown has not that much space to keep the grip.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 8 • Views: 1,578 • Replies: 3
Topic Closed

jespah

Wed 18 Feb, 2015 08:41 am
@pshah,
Get a second dental opinion, and ask about an implant.
carloslebaron

Wed 18 Feb, 2015 01:33 pm
@pshah,
You are not crushing ice cubes with your ceramic teeth... are you?

What kind of cement is your dentist using: mortar mix?

I guess that dentists do what they call a "build up" where they glue more bone to the tooth in order to make it fit for receive a crown.

Also, the dentist must do a complete alignment of your teeth immediately or after a few weeks, because less of a millimeter of additional top surface in the new crown might cause a complete misalignment of the entire denture in your mouth. Perhaps this is the reason why you were breaking the new ceramic crowns very often.

0 Replies

dlowan

Wed 18 Feb, 2015 03:02 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

Get a second dental opinion, and ask about an implant.

I'm with Jes. I have NEVER had a crown come off and I have had a couple for over 30 years.
0 Replies