If a guy you're dating calls you by another female's name?

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 08:22 pm
What does it mean?
I've been seeing him on and off for 3 years ,and he called me her name through text.
He said the computer was running slow and it was "obviously am accident".
What does it mean? The girl is his former coworker and she's not bad looking.
He apparently goes to her for advice on the relationship me and him have.

maxdancona

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 08:26 pm
@danonymous,
It means you are jealous. I can't read anything more into it than that.

I have long time female friends that I talk to and sometimes ask for advice. These are important friendships. My girlfriend understands this, and likewise I don't mind that she has male friends.
danonymous

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 08:27 pm
@maxdancona,
lol thankyou for the honest and sincere answer
you are completely right, i was just worrying because he called me her name.So I was under the impression that she was romantically on his mind.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 08:49 pm
@danonymous,
He was probably texting you and her at the same time and got your chat windows mixed up.

As others have said, if he hasn't given you any reason to be concerned, then don't be. If you have other reasons to be concerned then communicate this to him to help clear the air.
danonymous

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 08:59 pm
@Butrflynet,
Right,thankyou for your advice
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2015 09:52 am
@danonymous,
I was dating one guy for a bit -- and previous to that I had dated someone else...in error once I called my current bf the ex's name -- we both just laughed. He knew I had no interest in my ex. I think it can be an honest mistake -- habit. If you feel confident in your relationship then you have no reason to worry.

As an aside -- I then dated this man for 7 or so years so the mistake didn't hurt at all -- he did end up being an ex- and I made sure I wouldn't make that mistake again so the next one (and ended up being hubby) shared the same name ..... really just purely a coincedence....really.
danonymous

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2015 07:01 pm
@Linkat,
Lol ,seems like this happens a lot . Thankyou for your advice
ehBeth

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2015 09:56 pm
@danonymous,
forget about romantic partners

I recall my grandmother running all of her daughter's names (7) til she figured out who my mother was and then did another rollcall of grandkids' names (over 20) to get to my name. Eventually we all just accepted whatever name she had on her mind when she talked to us.
FBM

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 01:22 am
@danonymous,
I made this mistake exactly once in my life. It did not go over well. Since then, it's been burned deeply into my consciousness to never say a girl's name (girf or otherwise) before doing a mental check and making 100% sure I'm right.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 08:24 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

forget about romantic partners

I recall my grandmother running all of her daughter's names (7) til she figured out who my mother was and then did another rollcall of grandkids' names (over 20) to get to my name. Eventually we all just accepted whatever name she had on her mind when she talked to us.

I've called my kids by the dog's name before...
0 Replies