Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

TheCobbler

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2015 10:10 am
@Baldimo,
Since you have taken to voting down my threads I am going to start voting yours down.
TheCobbler

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2015 10:17 am
@oralloy,
Congress Pushes for Weapons Pentagon Didn't Want
http://www.military.com/daily-news/2012/08/20/congress-pushes-for-weapons-pentagon-didnt-want.html

Could you please post a news article saying "the left are cutting vital weapons systems".

Please include quotes from US generals and Pentagon officials...
Baldimo

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2015 10:17 am
@TheCobbler,
I haven't voted down your threads, at least not any in the last few months. Sorry Rex but you got the wrong person.

Besides, I thought you already did vote down my posts. Most of mine get voted down and it doesn't bother me. I've noticed that when you vote down a post it removes it from one's sight so that you don't have to be offended by what that person wrote.
TheCobbler

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2015 10:32 am
@Baldimo,
Ok I will let up on voting your threads down. (must be oraltoy)

1 confirmed dead, 1 injured in Ohio overpass collapse
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/01/19/southbound-i-75-closed-after-major-bridge-collapse/22031819/

THIS is the fault of the GOP and their inability to pass an infrastructure bill in 8 years.

It might make Obama's job numbers look too good!

This petty bickering of the GOP, based purely on racism, is obnoxious and deviant and apparently leaves Americans with infrastructure that poses serious dangers to our citizenry.
TheCobbler

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2015 10:33 am
@Baldimo,
No I rarely vote any threads down. (it is not my style)

I might shake the hand of whoever does Smile
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2015 10:37 am
@TheCobbler,
Did you even read the story? It was an old bridge that was being taken down. That means there was a new one under construction to replace the old one they were tearing down.

Quote from the story:
Quote:
It was part of the old northbound off-ramp to Hopple Street. The new bridge is already open.

0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2015 01:19 pm
@Baldimo,
And you know this how? More of your unsubstantiated bull shyt.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2015 02:18 pm
@RABEL222,
I know what how? The problems with the teachers unions? I've been living them firsthand as my oldest child goes to Jeffco school district. My ex-wife works at one of the largest high schools in Jeffco. I voted for the law that makes union and school administration meetings, to include union negotiations, open to the public so neither side can make backdoor deals or lie about the other side. Know who fought against it? The teachers unions fought it tooth and nail.
TheCobbler

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2015 07:37 pm
@Baldimo,
I do agree, unions need a reasonable amount of transparency, checks and balances...

Err, even unions need "big government" regulations.
Baldimo

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2015 09:13 am
@TheCobbler,
I would prefer that there were no unions for govt workers, even FDR was against govt unions. Let the private sector unions do what they wish.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2015 09:57 pm
@Baldimo,
Once again your unsubstantiated opinion with no proof.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2015 11:15 am
@Baldimo,
Your trust in the private sector is foolish...
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2015 12:44 pm
https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10952936_877884588971263_8594042978743607490_n.jpg?oh=a916e3730e394081801c73839a3f48b0&oe=561E5636
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2015 12:57 pm
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:

The corruption of the Republican party is unprecedented.

They use religion as an excuse to starve children and bleed the middle class of every vestige of social justice and equality.

It seems the ballot box and education are our only line of defense.

Our country's resources are not safe in the hands of these religious fanatics, science deniers and profiteers off the poor.

Democracy is not for sale...

Both parties seem to be the exact same to me. It is just an illusion that they have differences. Ultimately both just want to make money for themselves and their constituents. Politics is just a legal way to embezzle money and pretend like you are doing something for the people.

There is a cost for every policy a political leader enacts. Usually people never consider the consequences of a policy they only care about what benefit it gives them.

I don't consider myself a republican or democrat. Neither liberal nor conservative. Although I might have certain views that can be considered one of those four. But the problem is every year it seems the political system shifts further and further to one side. The conservatives tend to get more conservative and the liberals seem to move towards being more conservative.

There are so many grey areas when it comes to policies and laws. We also get wrapped up in what was previously a law and assume it is certain. There are things that just don't make sense about how we process laws. For example the constitution has always given the right for blacks and women to vote. It says "We the people." It didn't say, "We the white males." But yet it took years before slavery was overturned and blacks were given the option to vote. But my point was they always had that right.

People seem to think it is perfectly reasonable that the government is in control of marriage. Why? It is silly. Government shouldn't be in the marriage business.

We also never seem to learn from past case laws. Like prohibition. When alcohol was made illegal, it immediately brought about a rise in crime and gave criminals a great source to make a lot of money. Only a few years later did they legalize it again. Why hasn't this lesson been learned about all drugs? They create black markets and give criminals a source to make money and cause more problems for society than it ever solves to make it illegal.

There are so many redundant laws, and a huge majority of people don't even know or are not aware of them all, there are so many. One redundant law that always makes me laugh is, there is a law against murder, well there is another law against killing the president. Unless I am unaware of something murder and killing the president are the same thing. Or maybe they are not, I am just misguided?
TheCobbler

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2015 02:09 pm
@Krumple,
The parties are not the same...

President Obama's accomplishments are self evident.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/photos-and-video/video/2015/07/02/president-speaks-economy-la-crosse-wisconsin#

President Obama says the republicans have "bad ideas"...
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2015 02:40 pm
Another Blow to Public Funding for Private Religious Education
http://www.ringoffireradio.com/2015/07/another-blow-to-public-funding-for-private-religious-education/
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2015 01:27 pm
Jindal wants the speaking gigs and PR that other loser candidates like Sarah Palin have gotten from Fox and the horridly ill named right wingers. This could be the only explanation why he’s running for President.

Bobby Jindal Doesn’t Have A Chance, So Why Is He Running For President?

Quote:
Every time I think that Bobby Jindal couldn’t possibly do something any more ridiculous, he manages to think of something to top his previous performance. Whether it has been issuing an executive order to allow businesses and government employees to discriminate against the LGBT community, or signing a law to protect oil companies like BP (his brother is a lawyer who represents them) from lawsuits, there really isn’t any low he hasn’t stepped to while accusing President Obama of abusing the power of the presidency.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2015 12:02 pm
https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/11024640_806284129464643_4548171780334678151_n.jpg?oh=ec05fc3f293d8dd7c26f90ec2c62c232&oe=562438D8
TheCobbler

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2015 08:06 pm
Trump and Walker both want prostitutes and slaves to serve them rather than politicians and educated officails.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2015 08:08 pm
@edgarblythe,
Everything Bernie talks passionately about is money.

He is not Hillary.
0 Replies