Why did my husband take our pictures together off his Facebook account and instead changed his profi

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2015 05:55 am
My husband had our picture together as his profile picture and put some other pictures of us including from our wedding. He had written proudly "My beloved wife". Now out of the blue, he has changed his profile name to a fake male name and taken all of our pictures both together and of him off the website. He doesn't know I saw him do it and that I know much about the account. I don't want to ask him because he will think I'm spying on him. I feel heartbroken and have been crying privately. I feel so hurt and am dying inside... I don't understand why he would do it. Sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 1,090 • Replies: 13
No top replies

engineer

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2015 06:13 am
@maria333,
He could be worried about privacy, he could be concerned that his boss or potential boss is following up on him. Are you on Facebook? You could easily get on and send you husband a friend request. Then you could see his page without "spying".
Pearlylustre

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2015 06:39 am
@engineer,
It's hard to send him a friend request if he's changed his name. I'm guessing she's not already on facebook otherwise there wouldn't be the concern about spying - so I think she should tell him that she has decided to join facebook and that alone should start an interesting conversation.
maria333

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2015 06:49 am
@engineer,
hi engineer...Thank you very much for your reply. I hope I posted this question in the correct place. This is my first post here.

We are separated overseas waiting for residency issues to resolve in the next couple of months so that we can finally live together full time. The last time I saw him in person was December when I had to leave for visa reasons. Before this time, I saw he had removed his wedding ring for about 2 weeks in Skype and in a couple of photos. When I questioned him about it, he said because he had been cleaning and the ring made his finger swell and another time he said he was afraid to lose it swimming but changed his excuse. After that he put the ring back on and has kept it on since and showed me a separate profile from his home country service that showed us together and told me it's because he is proud I'm his wife. I only saw by chance his other profile, being his Facebook page with us together when he flipped web screen pages while I was working on something behind him. I never said a word about it. Since that time since, while I'm temporarily away from him, I have gone to look, of course, as he is my husband. He spends a lot of time online there about 5 times a day, even from his work place.. I can see when he has been online. So, now I have all kinds of thoughts running through my mind.

I felt better seeing that he had with me him on Facebook and the words 'my beloved wife' written below, so if he was online, at least other women knew he is married. Now, he has taken all that off and with his complete change of profile name...and with him online so much....why?? His boss knows about me, of course, as his boss had to give him half days to go with me for documents. So, he has nothing to hide from anyone at work. In fact, they are asking when I will return to finally meet me.

I'm confused and sad...I don;t know what to think now.
engineer

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2015 07:14 am
@Pearlylustre,
If she can't send him a friend request, that should get a good conversation going right there.
0 Replies

Pearlylustre

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2015 07:32 am
@maria333,
Maria, can't you ask him about the facebook page? It doesn't seem like spying to me to look at his page - or start a page of your own. It seems natural if you are married but have to live apart.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2015 10:33 am
What is of REAL concern is your inability to talk to your husband.

TELL HIM what you noticed on the FB account and ask him WHY?

If you can't be direct with him, then he will think you are totally unaware.

Is HE in the US?

What is on the new FB account that makes you believe that he may be cheating on you?

Tell him you have set up a FB account and befriend him. You MUST act smarter than he is.
0 Replies

Eliusa

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2015 11:20 am
@maria333,
Aren't you supposed to be able to see his page as a wife?
And now you can't find it so...honey, what happened to a page?
maria333

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2015 06:15 am
@Eliusa,
Thank you so very much to those that have answered. engineer, Pearlylustre and Punkey ........... and for giving me the idea to tell my husband that I am thinking of joining Facebook to be able to see his reaction. I can then justify looking for his webpage as I would want to naturally connect with him. You guys are smart. Thanks. I've seen him back online several times since I posted here and I can't understand what he's doing. He hasn't posted any photos or updates, but spends so much time online, but doing what?? It gives me a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach, but I can prove nothing. Today, I noticed a new female follower on his page, but I can't access her profile, and it says her account was temporarily suspended for suspicious activity. Strange!

I am his wife, but there is a reason that I worry about his 'spying' allegations. We first met online and before I went to meet him for the first time, I did a check on him. He was a little upset about it. As I had to fly to him in a foreign country and I had never yet seen him in person, I felt it was justified to check him out a bit first. He is a great guy, but for safety reasons, I had to reassure myself that he was not some psycho who was going to harvest and sell my organs, kidnap me for prostitution, or worse. I explained this to him and he understood. I know a woman who married abroad and she actually did a full background check and paid for a professional service. She told her husband she did it and he accepted it. I didn't even do this..just a basic internet search.

Later on during my 2nd visit to his country, he had called me from work one day and asked me to switch on his computer to check his internet access because there was a connection problem and he was speaking to the company. From the Windows start menu when I went to open the browser, it automatically showed 4 pages, one of which was from a dating website. When I asked him about it, he was upset with me and accused me of spying on him. I told him it was right in front of me on his own computer. I didn't spy, I just saw it! He accused me of always spying on him.

Since that time beginning of last year, I saw him put a picture of his chest and a photo from a dating profile on his Facebook page, but then he took them down a couple of days later. I know one photo was from a dating website because it had the site's name on the photograph in small letters. It looked as if he was single. He doesn't know I ever saw it. I didn't want to be accused of spying again.

Now this is the same page, he finally put the pictures of us on and proudly proclaimed that I am his 'beloved wife'. Now he's taken all off and if I say something about it he'll say I saw the page because I'm spying doing a search on him again. His other profile page he is using is a service from his own country and he knows I've seen that one as he showed it to me himself. I'm still there with him on it. It's just the Facebook page, something strange is going on and he doesn't know I've seen it.

What if he took our pictures together off and changed his profile so he could anonymously chase women? I've tried to be positive thinking maybe there are forums he is looking at, but I can't see how that would be possible. Why would someone change their profile like that and spend so much time online, without any real changes to their own webpage? No friends added...I don't understand it. I can only guess, he might be commenting on photos and writing private messages? Am I becoming paranoid? Sad
maria333

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2015 06:39 am
@maria333,
I just noticed that my husband's friends list is now hidden... it wasn't before... ???????
Pearlylustre

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2015 07:02 am
@maria333,
Quote:
Am I becoming paranoid?

No I really don't think you are being paranoid. I think you have good reason to be concerned.
0 Replies

Eliusa

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2015 08:24 am
@maria333,
You are not paranoid. You need to get rid of this bastard a.s.a.p.
This long distance relationships obviously isn't working for him.
Honest person should not be afraid of spying.
Loving person should understand other's concerns.
You can't even talk to him because you know he is going to be nasty
about your questions. Get ready. Go before kids started to appear.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2015 09:04 am
@maria333,
He has set privacy settings on his facebook account. That is something everyone should do. Maybe he finally figured out he should do that. Join Facebook, friend him and then you would have access to what he will allow you to have. At this point, all I see is you being paranoid and unwilling to talk to him about this. That doesn't say much for your relationship.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2015 09:15 am
@maria333,
Tell your husband you are setting up a facebook account to keep up with your friends and let him know how excited you are to be friending him on facebook.

That should get a conversation started.

Lurking around, trying to guess what he's doing isn't good for you, him or the relationship.
0 Replies