Is She Professing Interest?

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 06:10 pm
Several days ago, I visited my eye doctor for a standard appointment. When my name was called to go in, it turned out that my examination was going to be done by a young lady I had gone to high school with (she was there for field experience to complete pre-doctoral requirements). She mentioned to me how smart she remembered I was and guessed my profession (incorrectly but still in the ballpark). Interestingly enough, I don’t recall having ever talked to this girl; I’d seen her around but not very often.

Throughout the eye exam, she joked/teased me quite a bit about my vision. She made a point to joke about people with my eye color (which is hard to tell where she was coming from since it’s her job to look but could have been subliminally commenting on my eyes?). Between my vision matters and other small talk, we kept good conversation. She remained attentive, seemed to glare/smile and was extremely friendly (I know this probably could be said for most women whose profession requires good communication, but I just wanted to put it out there). I noticed that she stroked her hair on a few occasions (nothing excessive). She joked about a mascara resemblance when she noticed she misplaced a dye drop to which I replied, “That’s the style, you know?” and she appeared to reflect with good humor.

When speaking with the regular doctor, she mentioned how we had been at the same lunch table one semester (I know for a fact we did not hahaha!) and how far apart our graduating classes were (I didn’t even know this but she was right). I played it off well and rolled with the conversation. Just glad we weren’t asked what we talked about lol!

Before leaving, we made the standard departing comments. She mentioned that she wouldn’t see me during my next appointment and was glad to see I was doing well. After she directed me to the receptionist desk, we said our goodbyes, but as she walked away she hit my arm (I guess you could call it a slap/brush of sorts).

As any curious guy would do, I looked her up to see if she was on any social media sites where I could add her. As it turns out, she has no social media presence, so contacting her is going to be nearly impossible. Plus, she’ll be doing her residency out of state in a few months.

So what I’ve been wondering is – is this girl likely interested in me based on my statements above?

It’s easy to look at the situation and ask why I didn’t just ask her out on the spot, but considering that we were in a professional setting, that wasn’t a very proper approach in my opinion. Also, she wore two rings on her left hand (none on her ring finger) and a ring on her right ring finger. That led me to step back as well. I know the ring on the left ring finger usually signifies she is in a relationship, but I wasn’t about to get into that at that point.

I’d be interested to hear objective opinions on the matter. Sorry if this was a bit lengthy, but I wanted to provide as much information as possible to give everyone a clear picture of the situation. Basically, was she just being nice in general, or was there a higher likelihood that she was interested? For someone as attractive and successful as she, I found it hard to believe she would still be single (or that she would have a thing for me of all people haha – I’m a decent-looking guy but still!). Looking forward to any insights.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 293 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 07:24 pm
This is a version of bedside manner; she was making you comfortable during the examination.
0 Replies