Solution needed.

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2015 01:13 am
I am 21 years old girl with many goals. I wanted to study and achieve my goals.
Due to my father's health problem, i was forced to marry my father-in-law. He is almost 12 years elder to me. I could not tolerate any of the things after marriage. For everything, my parents used to scold me and beat me. If i wouldnt talk with my father-in-law, they used to beat me.
After a month, i was unable to bear the torture and came out of home. After leaving everything and living on my own, my parents realised that i am important. There are no proofs regarding the marriage but only photos are there with them.
It's been an year i came out of my home. Being very stubborn, i am not going home. I seriously need a divorce. I asked my father and he said there is no divorce beacause there are no proofs except photos. Is it true?

Because my parents always try to convince me to come back. I dont know what to do. Living alone and compromising parents. How to get divorce?

Is my father true about saying that there is no divorce?

can someone please tell me what to do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 616 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2015 07:29 am
@pavani506,
Consult an attorney in your country of residence and ask what your rights are (if any).
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2015 08:18 am
Do you remember signing anything at this this event they are now calling a social "gathering" with pictures? Who conducted this ceremony? Talk to that person.

You need to find out your legal rights. Yes, find a counselor/attorney
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2015 08:21 am
@PUNKEY,
You can also check with city hall to see if the marriage is registered.
PUNKEY

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2015 01:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I have a feeling this is not in the U.S.
0 Replies