Islamic Terrorists Strike France

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 06:09 pm
Quote:
PARIS — Masked gunmen armed with AK-47s and shouting "Allahu Akbar" stormed the offices of a French satirical news magazine Wednesday in a terror attack that left 12 people dead, including the editor and two police officers.

The suspects shot dead one of the officers on the street as they fled — escaping first in a black Citroen that they abandoned after a crash, and then in a sedan they carjacked from a bystander.

There was no verified claim of responsibility or motive for the ambush, but the target, a weekly publication called Charlie Hebdo, has published cartoons of the Muslim Prophet Muhammad and was firebombed three years ago.

Late in the day, authorities released the names of three suspects: Said Kouachi and Cherif Kouachi, both in their 30s, and 18-year-old Hamyd Mourad.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/paris-magazine-attack/charlie-hebdo-shooting-12-killed-muhammad-cartoons-magazine-paris-n281266

At least 2 of the terrorists are French citizens.

Europe is about to figure out the embracing islamic immigration has significant long term costs. America has been slightly more smart in this regard, but it is only a matter of time before we see major islamic terrorism here as well.

OOPS!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 25 • Views: 15,740 • Replies: 227

djjd62

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 07:42 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
America has been slightly more smart in this regard, but it is only a matter of time before we see major islamic terrorism here as well.

it really is amazing that so far in its history america hasn't experienced a major islamic terror event leading to a significant loss of life

absolutely amazing Rolling Eyes
Kolyo

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 07:54 pm
@djjd62,
Maybe he means acts of terror by American Muslims. I don't think any of the 9/11 hijackers were American citizens. Or were they?
Kolyo

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 07:58 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

America has been slightly more smart in this regard, but it is only a matter of time before we see major islamic terrorism here as well.

The Muslims in the US are better assimilated than in Europe.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/22/world/americas/22iht-muslims.4.5828256.html
djjd62

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 08:05 pm
@Kolyo,
well then this fits the bill

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Fort_Hood_shooting
Kolyo

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 08:08 pm
@djjd62,
Wow, how could I have forgotten that! Sad

In any case, I understand it's much worse in France.
djjd62

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 08:14 pm
@Kolyo,
actually 13 were killed in Fort Hood and 32 suffered gunshot wounds, so it was actually much worse in terms of fatalities and injuries, but the shootings in Paris being perpetrated against mostly civilians is certainly the more horrendous
Kolyo

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 08:26 pm
@djjd62,
No, I mean that I understand this sort of thing happens quite often in France.
Not killings necessarily, but fire-bombings.
Charlie Hebdo had already been fire-bombed before.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 09:00 pm
@hawkeye10,
One thing that you completely overlook in your quest to make America appear somehow wiser and more superior to the rest of the world, is that these old European countries hereabouts had empires covering Islamic countries, and have consequently taken in people from their colonies well before that religion gained a radical wing and notoriety for terrorism.

That some of these muslims born and/or raised in France have now somehow become radicalised is not France's fault.
If anyone in Europe has stood up to the intolerable part of the radical doctrine, it would be fair to say that France has led the way.

The problem that we all face in the western world is one of how to stop our own resident populations from being radicalised.

The USA has had its share of this.....take Boston for instance.

The west should never tolerate the intolerable, and a lot of the radicalised muslim doctrine is just that, and should never be allowed to even get the slightest foothold in free and democratic countries.

But to somehow imply that America has somehow been wise enough to steer clear of this problem is a bit silly, to say the least.

America has a fair few muslims within its population I would guess. The vast majority of them will be perfect peace loving citizens, but as sure as eggs is eggs, there are internet teachings going on right now, specifically aimed at radicalising their young. That's how it happens mainly over here.

And please don't forget that the USA has been the major recruitment sargeant for these radicals over the past fifteen or twenty years. If anything supplied proof to the hate teachers that the west was bad, it was the shock and awe carried out by that gloating moron President of yours at the time.

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 09:13 pm
@Kolyo,
Quote:
The Muslims in the US are better assimilated than in Europe.

We hope, but I dont think we do very well at that either. Americans seem to have given up on the melting pot, now we go for the salad bowl. The European problem seems to be with the second generation not the first, and I think out islamic immigration is mostly too recent for us to be sure on how we will do.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 09:16 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

actually 13 were killed in Fort Hood and 32 suffered gunshot wounds, so it was actually much worse in terms of fatalities and injuries, but the shootings in Paris being perpetrated against mostly civilians is certainly the more horrendous
No, military lives are not less valuable than civilian lives. The france thing is worse because it was a much more blatant attack on majority societal values by a minority group. The Ft HOOD thing was more a act of violence from mental illness.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 09:25 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Quote:

Quote:
in your quest to make America appear somehow wiser and more superior to the rest of the world

things that make you go " HMMM"

Quote:
But to somehow imply that America has somehow been wise enough to steer clear of this problem is a bit silly, to say the least.
then it is a good thing I avoided this by suggesting that our time is coming.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 09:49 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Quote:
That some of these muslims born and/or raised in France have now somehow become radicalised is not France's fault.

I would disagree with this. France is one of the worst countries in Europe when it comes to accepting diversity. Minority communities in France, including Muslims, are segregated and their citizenship laws make for large numbers of disenfranchised young people.

There are many countries (including the US) that do a much better job at integrating minority groups into the broader culture. The countries that are more inclusive have fewer acts of domestic terrorism.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 10:13 pm
Quote:
We mustn't deceive ourselves. Social coexistence will not get any easier. It's therefore all the more important that we keep a level head. Yes, it is a dreadful attack on our freedom, one that absolutely nothing can justify. We will not allow anyone to take away our freedom. But equally we must not allow anyone to take away our tolerance. There is no reason for us to place all Muslims under general suspicion, or to doubt the model of peaceful coexistence.

http://www.dw.de/opinion-france-a-new-level-of-escalation/a-18176064

So the perpetual wars all through history is not a reason to doubt the alleged model of peaceful coexistence? It takes both sides to make coexistence work but it only takes one to make sure that it does not.

Let me know how your dreams of peace and everyone loving the islamists go after the boys and girls come back from fighting for ISIS.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 10:34 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
It takes both sides to make coexistence work but it only takes one to make sure that it does not.

I guess we know which side you are on Hawkeye.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 10:45 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:

And with good reason
coldjoint

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 10:49 pm
Quote:
Killing critics of Muhammad is not "against Islam," as
some will say (to those who desperately want to hear it).
Killing critics of Muhammad is what Islam requires
because it is exactly what Muhammad practiced.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 10:55 pm
Keep this in mind when the apologists come out to play.

0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 11:07 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:

And with good reason

And this from a Islam apologist

Quote:
This brings me to a question I often ask myself: What can we do to reach out to more of our fellow Americans to make it clear we despise these terrorists and they don’t represent Islam?

There’s no easy answer. And this issue is made more complicated by the fact that within the American Muslim community there’s a difference of opinion on how to approach it. Some say we should publicly increase condemnations of the terrorists. Other say we already have, so what can we do more? Another faction says why should we denounce people who we have zero connection with? We don’t call on other religious groups in the United States to denounce their worst examples.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/08/12/why-muslims-hate-terrorism-more.html

So according to someone trying to argue the Muslims case and support them significant numbers of Muslims dont feel compelled to publicly object to terrorism carried out by muslims both against the West and against other muslims??

This tells me everything I need to know.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 11:26 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
In denying that Islamic terrorism has anything to do with Islam—or that a small fringe of fundamentalist Muslims poses a real threat to values we deeply cherish—self-styled defenders of Muslim immigrants are making the same mistake as their adversaries. For political reasons, they blind themselves to the vast differences among various forms of Islam.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/foreigners/2015/01/europe_s_confused_debate_about_islam_and_terrorism_europeans_are_both_too.html

Painted with the same liberal fantasyland brush that the feminists used to claim that rape has nothing to do with sex.