Is it true in America? Your opinion will be appreciated

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 01:50 am
There is a taboo in American politics: any politician is refrained from touching the education for children.
But a taboo usually induces a desire to break it. Obama did it once. He made a speech on TV to the public schools in the United States.
The speech, however, was refused to be broadcast by television companies around the country. The White House has had to put the video on their own website for their own viewing- Here is the common sense: Children belong to themselves; education demands politics to go away.

(Grammatical editing will be appreciated)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 693 • Replies: 6
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by oristarA
oristarA

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 10:44 am
Teachers are less available here these days?
oralloy
  Selected Answer

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 04:23 pm
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:

Things are slow over the holidays.

I am not aware of the alleged taboo. There are subjects that a politician dare touch only cautiously if they do not want to be voted out of office, but I don't think that this is one of them. If a speech about education were ignored by the media, it is likely that they simply didn't deem it to be very interesting.
oristarA

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 02:34 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

oristarA wrote:

Things are slow over the holidays.

I am not aware of the alleged taboo. There are subjects that a politician dare touch only cautiously if they do not want to be voted out of office, but I don't think that this is one of them. If a speech about education were ignored by the media, it is likely that they simply didn't deem it to be very interesting.

Sounds reasonable.

It reminds me of Bush going to a preliminary school to stay with children when WTC towers were hit by hijacked planes. That shows before 911 terrorist attacks US politicians were so close to children education as if sharing a honeymoon. Otherwise it is hard to explain why officials complained when the first hijacked plane hit into one of the towers and Bush, after hearing the report, continued to read a book to the children in the class.

Merry Christmas, Oralloy.
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2015 11:47 pm
A good record for only one reply.
oralloy

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2015 12:12 am
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:
A good record for only one reply.

a2k is inexorably degenerating from what it once was.

Most opinion over Bush continuing to read to those children is driven by politics. People who don't like him will think that what he did was wrong. People who do like him will find his actions reasonable.

I hope you had a good holiday season.
oristarA

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2015 01:24 am
@oralloy,
Thank you Oralloy.
I hope you had a wonderful holiday season as well.
0 Replies