first date. what is she up to?

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2014 01:30 am
So I asked this girl online for a date. she was hesitant, then accepted. but that went through a series of acceptance and willingness, then not answering back, etc, until she agreed.
The first date went fine. She is not exactly how I expected her. we have little in common, etc. But after the first 15 or 20 minutes I could sense her feeling comfortable, opening up, talking about her life, family, etc. She said she was glad she finally accepted.
At the end of the date, she was to walk in one direction, to meet a friend, and me in the opposite. I was just going to kiss her goodbye, in a normal way, and avoid touching her, so as not to be pushy, or a perv who just wants her body, etc. We were walking and joking and I could sense the chemistry there.. it was the first moment we walk side by side, after 2 hours sitting on opposite sides of a table. Then, instead of kissing goodbye, she stopped and opened her arms for a hug. I was just going to hug her, a short hug, like the usual hug. But she stayed there. I quickly realized she wanted this to be a long hug. So I held her too. My nose touched her neck or ear (she has long hair) and I tried to place a peck on her lips but then went for one on her cheek. But a a full-liped one. we laughed.. it was light and nice. no awkwardness. Then somehow we ended up holding or shaking hand, and the hands stayed like that even as she started walking away, like not letting go of our hands. And she said "see you soon". Then as she walked by, she turned her head and looked at me, I was standing, watching her walk away. She smiled and said something like have a good evening.
same night I texted her and told her that now she sees it wasn't a bad idea. she said yes!
a day later I texted her and asked her how she is. she didn't reply. 2 days later and still no reply.
is she playing hard to get? or hesitant to take this seriously? or slowing things down? or simply not interested?
do I wait a week? few days? or just leave it at that? ask her out again and see? I think this is what I feel is right (asking her out again.) but also don't want to get rejected or totally ignored.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 410 • Replies: 2
No top replies

contrex

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2014 03:42 am
@gee99ree,
gee99ree wrote:
but also don't want to get rejected or totally ignored.

Welcome to the adult world, where Santa Claus does not bring us the things we want. Text her once (only!) asking her out again. If she accepts, all well and good. If she refuses or ignores your message, move on and do not hassle her.
FBM

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2014 08:12 am
@contrex,
Sounds about right to me.
0 Replies