Angel23

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 05:31 am
My supervisor just said I was doing good recently and then told me she's purposely not talking to me personally so I could act professional. She talks to everyone else about non work related stuff! Before, there were tons of stuff I needed to improve on and I managed to nail most of them. I been at this job for 3 years and prolly actually done good for a couple month.

Anyway, I'm not being self-righteous just bc she told me I'm doing good. I just want justice. I asked her during break that if I' doing good, why is she still not talking to me? She said she's not having this conversation. I exploded and told her how unfair it was. After a back and forth exchange, I went back to work.

I apologized for my behavior at the end of my shift and that I'll see her in a few days when I work. She accepted my apology and said she might call me in before then. Still, I'm very angry. If she thought I was doing good, why won't she talk to me about non work related stuff like she does with other ppl? Everyone else talks to me and have no problem with me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 1,710 • Replies: 29

jespah

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 05:39 am
@Angel23,
Because you latch onto people like life preservers and she hasn't got time for that.

It has been suggested to you many, many times that you get some psychiatric help for your issues. From the looks of this post, you either haven't or you're ignoring your treatment.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 05:40 am
@Angel23,
First--you're boss sounds unprofessional. But then-- quit trying to establish a relationship with your boss. Do your work and go home. You sound insecure about your work. You seem to think there's a correlation between keeping your job and being friends with the boss. Seriously--I think if you just do your job...you'll be ok. Even if your boss doesn't particularly like you, must you be liked by all people? As long as you're not getting fired, or written-up for unfair reasons....it's all good.
Angel23

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 05:49 am
@Germlat,
It's just that she used to talk to me about everything. Back in the days, I didn't used to act professional (understatement.) she told me what I needed to change and I changed it. She told me so herself. I woulda understood why she won't talk to me if I were the only one regarding me as doing good, but SHE also told me I am. If everyone else could talk to me, that speaks volumes of why she should as well.
Germlat

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 06:08 am
@Angel23,
Angel23 wrote:

It's just that she used to talk to me about everything. Back in the days, I didn't used to act professional (understatement.) she told me what I needed to change and I changed it. She told me so herself. I woulda understood why she won't talk to me if I were the only one regarding me as doing good, but SHE also told me I am. If everyone else could talk to me, that speaks volumes of why she should as well.

Who cares? I don't have to like someone to be fair. I don't like everyone and everyone doesn't like me. I have stopped liking people and they have stopped liking me. Reasons why don't matter. Don't try to convince anyone to like you. They either do or don't. Fair or not. There's great freedom in that. And anyway--you or I or anyone else can't change it. That's the point. Everyone doesn't like you? They used to but now don't ...fine. That doesn't change anything. It's the way it is. For all you know you remind them of their mother-in-law LOL
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 11:36 am
@Angel23,
This is the same scenario you've been posting about here for many years, only the names have changed.

Whenever you don't get your way in manipulating people to be friendly with you, you create enormous drama around it. You obsess on it to the point that you have uncontrollable anger over it. The obsession and anger pushes people further and further away until the only alternative is to fire you or completely cut off interaction with you. You end up sabotaging yourself in this manner repeatedly.

You can't stand having people set boundaries with you and will go to great lengths to continue getting your way with their attention even if it is negative attention.

Please step back and spend some time thinking about these similarities with events at your other jobs that resulted in your obsessive anger getting you fired. This is a good opportunity to change your behavior before you once again go too far and get yourself fired from yet another job.
Angel23

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 11:42 am
@Butrflynet,
Well my main question is if she thinks I'm doing good, why won't she talk to me? That's all.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 11:46 am
@Angel23,
She is trying to maintain a professional relationship with you.

She is your boss, not your friend.

Do not sabotage another job.

Keep your relationships with your co-workers and boss professional - do not try to be friends with these people.

Focus on staying professional - with customers, colleagues and your boss.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 11:48 am
@Angel23,
Angel23 wrote:

My supervisor just said I was doing good recently and then told me she's purposely not talking to me personally so I could act professional.

your supervisor has told you exactly why she needs to maintain a professional relationship with you - so that you will continue to behave professionally

You getting angry and exploding proves her point.

You need to stay professional.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 11:49 am
@Angel23,
You're hung up on a issue that's not really that important. If you do your job, that's sufficient. There are all manners of bosses as there are workers. Not all are attentive or reassuring to their workers. You cannot control your boss; just mind your own business.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 11:57 am
She used to talk to you about personal stuff? Like what? Perhaps it got too personal and she wants to back off a bit.

(You do tend to suffocate people, you know, because you don't respect "friendship" boundaries in the relationship. You have been talked to about that several times before on this site)

It's difficult to be the boss, especially with staff who are the same age. Give her a break. Do your job and continue on . . .

0 Replies

Angel23

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 12:44 pm
It's just that my coworkers all talk to me about non work related stuff. That's what makes things hard to understand. Btw, punkey, my supervisor is not the same age as me. She was like in high school when I first existed lol.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 12:46 pm
@Angel23,
You have to work on keeping things professional.

Your co-workers may not have the same communication problems that you do.

You have worked hard to get to a place where you are doing a good job. Please try to stay professional with your supervisor.
Angel23

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 12:49 pm
@ehBeth,
Yeah, she said she can't talk to me ne more if I act like that over a compliment she paid me. She said me getting angry proves that I can't be talked to personally. I'm glad for having apologized and she accepted. I told her I'm a dumbass and she said I'm not, just over sensitive. Oh well lesson learned.
Angel23

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 12:51 pm
@ehBeth,
whatever the reason, I'm glad my coworkers talk to me. Btw, what does that have to do with them not having communication problems? Lol
ehBeth

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 12:59 pm
@Angel23,
You have consistently reported difficulties separating personal and work communications. You have also reported problems maintaining a professional demeanour at work. You have had a job coach assisting you in the past.

Things that might be all right for them to do at work may not be safe for you as you are unable to sense the social boundaries.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 01:02 pm
@Angel23,
Angel, please go back and read the many posts you wrote under the dirrtydozen22 name, especially the ones where you got fired from Walmart for your overreaction to someone not wanting to be friends with you. Then read the ones from the fast food place, I can't remember if it was McDonald's or Burger king, where the same thing happened with your supervisor there. You obsessed to the point that it got you fired because she was no longer willing to be friendly with you. You did the same thing at another fast food place.

Now you are doing the exact same thing at Costco. Your inappropriate behaviors force supervisors to treat you differently than your coworkers and then you obsess on the unfairness of that when it is your behavior that caused it to happen in the first place.

You are repeating the same exact thing again. If you don't get this under control, you are going to lose your job over it when your anger gets you in trouble again. This has been a very good place of employment for you. They have been very tolerant of your behavioral quirks and have given you many chances beyond what most companies would do. Don't blow this. You are running out of employment options. Do whatever you need to do to finally understand what we have been saying to you for many years. We want to see you succeed. You won't do so if you allow yourself to keep going through these behavior cycles of yours without learning anything and changing your actions.

You have the power to make this have a different outcome this time.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 01:07 pm
@Angel23,
Angel23 wrote:

Yeah, she said she can't talk to me ne more if I act like that over a compliment she paid me. She said me getting angry proves that I can't be talked to personally. I'm glad for having apologized and she accepted. I told her I'm a dumbass and she said I'm not, just over sensitive. Oh well lesson learned.

You say "lesson learned."

What was the lesson that you learned?

This is very important, Angel. You might be at a turning point here. I sure hope so!
Angel23

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 04:19 pm
@Butrflynet,
Thx I hope so too! Lesson learned: not to be a bitch about everything lol.
0 Replies

Angel23

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2014 01:25 pm
Idk if I mentioned it or not on a2k, but over the past couple months, when I perceived my supervisor to be talking to me less, I tried to make her talk to me a few times. Once, a months ago, I even complained to a coworker that my supervisor talked to everyone but me. My coworker told me she don't see my supervisor treating me differently. My supervisor heard about it and said she's very hurt that I alleged that. At the end of that day my supervisor told me I could go home and I sassed her. I dared her to write me up.

Could all those times that I tried to push her to talk to me make my current situation worse?