Help me i have ptb on xray but all sputum test are negative!

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2014 05:47 am
Helo good day! I have left ptb results on xray but on sputum all test is negative!but may doctor advise is to take ptb medications?.first i have no sign and symtoms i feel when im not taking those medicines but when i started to take that medicines i experienced fever with cough and sneeze,headaches,sometimes vomitting,and some rashes on may legs?i consult it to may doctor but she said its normal on a ptb patient?.'but i never experienced that before..'please help from this..'thank you
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 5,377 • Replies: 12

Ragman

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2014 05:55 am
@Andrew11101,
If you have doubts then consult with another doctor if you think your present doctor is wrong. In the meanwhile, take your medications and listen to what the doctor says.

I did a Google search and based upon the Mayo clinic excerpt, here's what is advised:

"PTB left upper lobe means pulmonary tuberculosis of the left upper lobe. Pulmonary tuberculosis is caused by Mycobacterium tuberculosis and it can lead to infection in the lungs, skin, bones and brain. A person suffering from pulmonary tuberculosis needs to take antituberculous treatment for 6-9 months. Before labeling anybody as suffering from tuberculosis other tests like TB PCR, sputum AFB test and HRCT chest may be needed to confirm the diagnosis. Any test result should be correlated clinically."
0 Replies

Andrew11101

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2014 06:02 am
I already consult it to other doctors but they depending on chest xray only!!i have negative results on sputum..'may body becomes weak from this medications.'Sad
0 Replies

Andrew11101

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2014 06:05 am
I am thankful for your response ragman!
Ragman

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2014 06:10 am
@Andrew11101,
You're quite welcome. Wishing the best for you.

Medications may or may not be the cause of the weakness. However, there are other things like proper sleep, good nutrition and taking vitamins and/or nutritional supplements that you can take to strengthen your body while the meds do their thing.

Speak to your doctor further and ask what can be done to either change the meds, or alter the dosage, or suggestions for you to make this period of time more bearable.
0 Replies

Andrew11101

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2014 06:22 am
I am daily doing that.'but like i said im not experiencing all of that before but i started to tAke my medications may body becomes weak and experiencing unexplained fever,loss of appetite,rashes,and severe headaches..
Ragman

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2014 06:37 am
@Andrew11101,
As I see it, you have two choices:
1. make an emergency appointment and speak to your doctor, explaining the severity of your symptoms.
2. find another doctor who will help you and take this more seriously.
Andrew11101

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2014 06:39 am
I am very worried from this!it triggers me also to go abroad..';( i really dont know what to do!so i decided to creat this account to share this problem!i cant even share to may friends because i know they probably avoid me if they already knew it!
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2014 06:41 am
@Andrew11101,
The Gene Xpert test is claimed to have the best reliability in diagnosing TB (98%). Maybe you could request this test from your Pulmonologist. Best of luck!
Andrew11101

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2014 06:50 am
Thanks a lot for your information..'but im very sure of here in our place there's no technolgy to test that!because of late ang poor technology here.,!i am quite dissappointed here!
0 Replies

Andrew11101

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2014 06:52 am
@Germlat,
Thanks a lot for your information..'but im very sure of here in our place there's no technolgy to test that!because of late and poor technology here.,!i am quite dissappointed here!
0 Replies

Andrew11101

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2014 06:57 am
@Ragman,
Thanks for your good advise!.ok maybe i will talk may doctor again to consult this!!
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 12:43 am
A doctor's criteria about ptb in your case appears to be prevention to an advance into a further development of tuberculosis.

Similar to say that you have the bacteria but there is no risk yet because is in dormant status.

The side effects of the medicine might be causing the symptoms you are experiencing when taking them. Sometimes the side effects are temporary and diminish after a few days. But beware, as soon as you have started taking the medicines, unless you change them by others, I don't think will be a good idea to stop the prescribed medication.

Nevertheless, another doctor or a new appointment with your same doctor performing a new evaluation might change the first diagnosis.
0 Replies