Is this normal?

FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2014 11:44 pm
@DashDynamic,
Dash.

For the record. I made my comment re:- children because I "get" that you don't want to be like your Mother as why you are thinking that way. I also note that you are young.

For the record. I never had children. My choice.

Go figure that I'd write something to you that suggests hey, no worries see though how you feel later in life, we do change our minds.

You belong to you, no one owns you, what ever your decisions are in life are yours, no one else's.. My comment was purely out of concern that you feel you may be like her.

I'm betting you'll go out of your way never to be like her.

So to Chai's response if I made you feel anything in-different, I apologise.

chai2

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2014 07:47 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Thank you for clarifying that FS. I appreciate it.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2014 11:36 am
@chai2,
You lost me at B1. "Babies smell so nice.".
0 Replies

DashDynamic

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2014 03:55 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Thanks for recognizing I'm a female. And that isn't the only reason I don't want kids, just the main reason. I don't have the patience. For a kid, you need patience, right? I love kids, don't get me wrong. After I am finished babysitting that kid goes to their parent but when I birth a child that kid is there to stay. I don't want to be one of those parents who drops their kid off to other people or a "nanny parent" where the kid has a better relationship with the nanny or someone else than me. Of course maybe this will change. I might meet someone and have a different view. But then there is trust issues. "Would this person be like my father and leave?" "I don't believe that he really 'loves' me like he claims" Stuff like that.
@chai2
Thanks for commenting.
chai2

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2014 04:36 pm
@DashDynamic,
You're going to run into a lot of people in life that are going to say the most outrageous things about why you should have children. Even worse, they'll tell you that you're incomplete as a woman/person, or they "feel sorry for you". To that one, just remember it's about them letting you know they think they are better than you.

Bottom line, you don't owe anyone an explanation.

If you decide one day to have a child, fine. Just don't let anyone else make that decision for you.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2014 08:02 pm
@DashDynamic,
Are you a young version of me? Wink

Actually, my Mother had no patience and that's exactly what I thought, 100%.. I won't have patience either and so, I decided not to have any children.

I am the most "awesome" mum to my pets though and have been throughout my life.

I have to admit, pets will let you go out, even go away, children are a 24/7 commitment and I was/am a work-a-holic. Choice. I had opportunities and thought about it but still thought, no, it's not me.

So go with what you want. Chai's answer is true to. At 25 I was pressured to get married so that I could have children.. I didn't get married, though I got engaged, then changed my mind Smile Rebel in me.

But, seriously. You've bought up another point to you, that you worry also that if you ended up in love, he may leave just as your Father did. Who knows love, honestly.. I think if you go with your gut feeling? If you meet a guy and your gut says he's not going to be for you, trust it. I'm about to get married for the second time, first time was just wrong.. We make mistakes no matter how old we are. But, if I can state, we are all individuals welcome someone into your life one day that is like you. We all make errors. We mostly all find eventual happiness as well. It's up to what you want and don't settle for less.

DashDynamic

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2014 08:50 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
I honestly think I am a younger version of you. My trust issues are just so messed up. I have no friends. I talk to people though, but they aren't my "friends". Of course I want someone to talk to when I'm having a bad day but nobody is there. I'm glad I found this site. Thank you Older Version Of Me
DashDynamic

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2014 03:54 am
@FOUND SOUL,
And congratulations on getting married
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2014 01:56 pm
@DashDynamic,
Well, we won't talk too much, like I said I'm a Rebel.... Don't want to teach you my bad habits:)

Why not use this thread to vent, on a bad day and a good day, we are here.

I'm "not" yet, re-married probably do that this time next year, been engaged for 5 years, that's long enough, well I think. We do live together which tells me, we can live together for another 30 plus years, as long as he puts the toilet seat down Smile

Love to know a bit about you Ms Dash.
DashDynamic

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2014 05:05 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Not much to know. I draw and blog. That's about it. I kinda like this site. I used to talk to someone online but they disappeared without a trace. I'm 14 going on 41. Single. And that's about it Found Soul
0 Replies