Achieving an A2K Personal Milestone

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 01:46 pm
It has been a long time coming, but I finally have confirmation of being put on rage ignore! Of course, I could have been put on ignore dozens of times and never known, but I've always wondered what it would take for a mild mannered engineer to cross that magic A2K threshold. I feel like I'm finally in the big time. For those of you already in this club, what got you there? Were you an awesome troll? Telling too much truth to the man? A complete jerk? I hope I can see your response and I don't have you on ignore.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 20 • Views: 5,347 • Replies: 94

ehBeth

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 02:07 pm
@engineer,
Lash has me on ignore here and has blocked me on FB.

(I can tell because I can see her through a different account Cool )

She didn't care for my expressing my opinion about some of her views and my concern that she shares them with her students.

I'm good with that. I was a little sad at first, but I recovered.

dalehileman

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 02:09 pm
@engineer,
Eng, a2k being the single most liberal site of its kind in which I've participated (and having gotten discharged from), you must have said something really terrible. I hope somebody will come up with it
engineer

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 02:12 pm
@dalehileman,
It was really, really out there! I asked someone to solve a tough math problem to demonstrate how their magic math system was superior to "normal" math. I think Beth's is better than mine, but I'm taking the win any way I can get it.
roger

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 02:12 pm
@dalehileman,
Follow the link, Dale. Then click on some of the "User Ignored" posts.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 02:13 pm
@ehBeth,
Do lots of A2K'ers work through FB? It seems like we lost some of the activity here where Facebook took off.
roger

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 02:14 pm
@engineer,
I think I'm on ehBeth's list. I called her out in a thread title yesterday and nobody answered except ticomayo.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 02:16 pm
@engineer,
there are a lot of former A2k'ers and Abuzzers on FB. Lots are in loosely connected networks. Even found dadpad exchanging recipes with msOlga, Calamity Jane, piffka, and Jeanne de Seattle.

Also quite a few sightings of craven/Robert on FB lately.

Most are using their real-life names, with a few using their A2k alters.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 02:17 pm
@roger,
uh oh Embarrassed

I haven't been around much for a few days (I just started 4 new dance classes, plus attended/performed in a dance festival this weekend)

Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 02:22 pm
You should try being a Brit A2K poster, as everyone is EFFING ASLEEP until about my mid afternoon. It's like everyone's got the two or three of us on ignore.

Or have you actually got us on ignore?

Hello? Hello?

One Two.....One Two.....is this thing working?
roger

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 02:31 pm
@ehBeth,
Well, congratulations anyway.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 02:31 pm
@Lordyaswas,
I got some of that when I was on business travel in India for a couple of months. By the time everyone comes back on line, your post has slid so far down the list no one sees it.
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2014 09:55 am
Being ignored by the Amazing Mr Q is especially prestigious.
I salute you.
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2014 09:56 am
. . . but I bet he peeks.
Setanta

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2014 10:01 am
Somebody told this is an interesting thread and sent me a link . . . but i don't see any of the posts here. Sheesh . . .
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2014 11:39 am
@George,
Oh he does, he put me on ignore but responds to some of my posts.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2014 11:47 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

You should try being a Brit A2K poster, as everyone is EFFING ASLEEP until about my mid afternoon. It's like everyone's got the two or three of us on ignore.

Or have you actually got us on ignore?

Hello? Hello?

One Two.....One Two.....is this thing working?

Sir Lordy you are too clever to be put on ignore...
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2014 12:06 pm
@Germlat,
Sarcy, yes....clever, only when I've had one and a half IPA's. Any more and I turn back to stoopid.

AND I have finally managed to create a milestone myself......my very own NSFW thread (Colombian's brazilians) and am sitting here dressed accordingly.
The pink Cadillac (with leopard skin furry dice) is in the driveway, and I am wearing a large leather pimp hat and fur coat with big collar turned up.

Yo.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2014 12:11 pm
I have no doubt that I am being ignored by lots of people, particularly far right people and then some over other issues. But I probably started it first, by ignoring them.
Germlat

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2014 12:16 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

Sarcy, yes....clever, only when I've had one and a half IPA's. Any more and I turn back to stoopid.

AND I have finally managed to create a milestone myself......my very own NSFW thread (Colombian's brazilians) and am sitting here dressed accordingly.
The pink Cadillac (with leopard skin furry dice) is in the driveway, and I am wearing a large leather pimp hat and fur coat with big collar turned up.

Yo.

This is what I'm talking about. Feel free to proceed indefinitely.
0 Replies