New to Dating Issues

dee2me

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2014 06:29 pm
Started dating a women again after breaking up with her 1.5 years ago for trust issues. Prior to taking her back, I learned about a guy, 20 years younger than her, she referred to as a "Friend with benefits." I asked her about him and she denied having that type of friendship and he is only a friend. 1. During the evening of our second or third date, she received a text from him at 11:30 PM asking her to come over. She again denied anything was going on. 2. She asked me to meet him and I agreed. When I arrived at the restaurant, she was already there with him and another women. Just a friend of theirs. My girlfriend didn't even stand up to say hello to me and when I leaned in the kiss her hello like I normally do she gave me her cheek. This really hurt.... 3. She invited me to a concert to meet some of her other friends and it was fun. Until she began disappearing with her phone and checking for texts. Shortly there after, this "Friend with benefits" arrived and joined us. She would then excuse herself with him and left. Later, when the concert was over, she could not be found inside or outside the club. Did not answer her phone or text from me or her other friends that also attended the concert with us. I had to call a cab to get home because she was my ride. Prior to my cab arriving she returned and argued for the next day... no intelligible excuses for any of this behavior. I really think I still have issues...any thoughts?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 9,100 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2014 07:17 pm
@dee2me,
Why is it you think she is your girlfriend? The handwriting is on the wall and it smells like coffee.
dee2me

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2014 07:21 pm
@Ragman,
She cried...said she loves me....apologized....but I am taking two weeks to figure out that very thing. This has been a learning experience for me...thanks for your reply...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2014 08:27 pm
@dee2me,
dee2me wrote:
I really think I still have issues...any thoughts?

I think your issue is that you're trying to be in a relationship with a woman who isn't prepared to be in a relationship (with you/anyone?).
dee2me

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 03:33 am
@ehBeth,
You're probably right. Thank you...
0 Replies

Buttermilk

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 04:26 am
@dee2me,
Leave her alone....She isn't worth it.
dee2me

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 03:12 pm
@Buttermilk,
Got ya thank you!
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 09:38 pm
Seems like you learned a lesson: she hasn't changed in 1.5 years.
dee2me

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2014 09:26 pm
@PUNKEY,
I have....Wink
glitterbag

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2014 08:47 pm
@dee2me,
Good, I'm glad you changed. I think she has issues and is trying to drag you into her crazy. Don't fall for it, she sounds nuts. And to top it off she's incredibly rude.
0 Replies

Olga6

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2015 12:39 am
@dee2me,
Yes. You can't force someone to love you just by thinking that you are in love with her. Move on. You can find someone who is really worth it in many ways -- blind dating, social drinking, and even the most conventional but freshly effective way: online dating.
0 Replies