Am i the only one?

One Eyed Mind

Thu 11 Sep, 2014 04:25 pm
Popular to contrary belief.

The Old Testament is an allegory for Nature and its Animosity.

The New Testament is an allegory for Nature and its Humanity.

Also, Lucifer is a female, not a male. That is why Lucifer is "temptation", much like a female is "temptation". The female whispers into the ears of children likened to how "Lucifer" whispers into the ears of children. Lucifer wanted people to be who they wanted be, much like the woman does, while "God", the male allegory did not want people to be anything more than under his ruling power.
Smileyrius

Fri 12 Sep, 2014 04:45 am
@One Eyed Mind,
Except Lucifer, also known as Devil and Satan is also called "the father of the lie." in John 8:44.
do you have further support for the female theory?
One Eyed Mind

Fri 12 Sep, 2014 10:22 pm
@Smileyrius,
Is this an edited version of the book? I am interested.
Smileyrius

Sat 13 Sep, 2014 04:59 am
@One Eyed Mind,
what does it say in the version you use?
neologist

Sat 13 Sep, 2014 09:26 am
@One Eyed Mind,
Keep in mind the word lucifer is not a proper name. It is a Latin word meaning 'shining one'. It is often applied to the one called Satan, an individual whose true name is not revealed in the Bible..
whitepower1

Mon 15 Sep, 2014 09:07 am
@CharliesGold,
That is why I do not beleive and think that only natural selection matters.
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Mon 15 Sep, 2014 06:58 pm
@Smileyrius,
I don't use any version.

We're talking about "The Book", according to its followers.

There should not be "another version"; there should be "a version".

So perhaps your version is an edited version that mistaken Lucifer as a male, not a female.

That is why I am curious. Who here is correct?
One Eyed Mind

Mon 15 Sep, 2014 06:58 pm
@neologist,
That's is also a helpful piece of information, Neo.

Thank you.
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Mon 15 Sep, 2014 11:53 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
My friend, the reason I ask is that I am an avid student of "the book" and I have 12 translations, and I also use interlinear to cross reference, and I cannot find a translation that refers to Lucifer, the devil or Satan in a female term.
I make no claim to empirical truth, rather I have many a time been wrong, which is why I never stop studying.
I would not tell you that you are wrong, only that information I have gathered contradicts the information you have gathered, but then I have not yet perused the information you have gathered.
Could you provide me further data with which to work?
One Eyed Mind

Tue 16 Sep, 2014 12:11 am
@Smileyrius,
Lucifer is described in several ways as if to hint they are female, so I'll name off the top of my head the hints:

A. "Burning bush"

B. "Temptation"

C. "Whispers into the ears of children"

D. "Snake"

E. "God sent Lucifer to hell; Men forced Women to punish others for them".
neologist

Tue 16 Sep, 2014 09:30 am
@One Eyed Mind,
Provide citations so we will not be tempted to believe you found these in the trash.
Smileyrius

Tue 16 Sep, 2014 11:17 am
@One Eyed Mind,
I would second a call for citations, just to separate doctrinal assertions from scriptural statements.
If it is merely translation issues that cause my confusion then we have a foundation upon which to discuss.
0 Replies

MWal

Tue 16 Sep, 2014 11:57 am
@CharliesGold,
God is a man, he needs to realize, and all will be well, grace willing.
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Tue 16 Sep, 2014 07:59 pm
@neologist,
I don't have citations.

The point is, the words are there, somewhere. Just look for them and piece it all together like a puzzle.

A male devil doesn't make sense. Lucifer has way too many similarities to a woman for it to be a coincidence.
neologist

Tue 16 Sep, 2014 09:04 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
One Eyed Mind wrote:
I don't have citations.

The point is, the words are there, somewhere. Just look for them and piece it all together like a puzzle.

A male devil doesn't make sense. Lucifer has way too many similarities to a woman for it to be a coincidence.
The burden of proof is on you, OneEye. When I look those things up, all I find are piles of putrefactive puckey. So, I suspect that is what you are dishing out.
One Eyed Mind

Tue 16 Sep, 2014 09:11 pm
@neologist,
I don't even read the book. I have continuously demonstrated to people that I am able to establish an assessment without ever personally affiliating with the subject.

So I suggest you to keep looking for those key words in the OT or NT, because I stand by my idea that the OT is based on Nature's Animosity; NT is based on Nature's Humanity; Lucifer is a female, based on key words: "temptation", "burning bush", "whispers into the ears of children" and "in control of hell", which really resonates with how men ordered women to control others to their bidding, like a poison and a "snake".

There's no reason to doubt such words, only if one is biased towards the information provided, that is. Answer against my answers, Neo. I don't play the onus game with people - it's only used by people who don't want to give their own argument.
neologist

Tue 16 Sep, 2014 10:17 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
Part of learning involves replacing juvenile misconceptions with carefully researched conclusions. I've already done the work. You have simply demonstrated your refusal to learn.
One Eyed Mind

Tue 16 Sep, 2014 10:26 pm
@neologist,
No, you asked a question.

I asked a question.

I supported my question with likely possibilities.

You supported your question by just putting "un" on the end of "likely".

You're not even trying to reason with the possibility - you're straight-forwardly denying it for absolutely no reason except "I have no reason".
neologist

Tue 16 Sep, 2014 10:49 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
One Eyed Mind wrote:
I supported my question with likely possibilities. . .
On the contrary, you supplied spurious stories having no basis in fact. There are no scriptiral references to Lucifer whispering. So why should you be taken seriously?

The only reason I asked you for citations is because I knew none existed.
One Eyed Mind

Tue 16 Sep, 2014 11:01 pm
@neologist,
Because it's conjecture, not a claim - sometimes I wonder when the people on these forums will learn the difference.

But yes, I cannot find any verse about whispering in the ears of children - BUT, A VERSE lead me to say that one day. It may not have children, but perhaps the verse simply said "the devil whispered into X's ear", then I said "what if the devil is a female, and this is an allegory for how women whispered into the ears because they could not speak".

Patience, Neo. Do you have any?