Am i the only one?

mark noble

Fri 29 Aug, 2014 11:10 am
@neologist,
Try another bible - There are more versions:)
And 'destruction' doesn't imply cessation of spiritual consciousness.
And, like I stated 'rapture' is a reference to 'tribulation'
Want a direct definition of the 'tribulation'?
You won't get one. Some christians believe their ascention pre trib, mid trib or post trib.
I am not involved in any trib or destruction thankfully.
But trying to explain to the thread-poster what he/she clearly cannot learn for him/herself should likely not be turned into an oppurtunity for pedantry.
neologist

Fri 29 Aug, 2014 11:16 am
@mark noble,
I mostly wanted to take on the OPs understanding, or lack of understanding about the true god of world affairs. What we see in the world can certainly not be a product of the God of love.
mark noble

Fri 29 Aug, 2014 11:32 am
@neologist,
And I am only lending him/her the ability to realise that the 'God' he/she aspires to does not claim to be solely good.
What I should have said was 'Read your bible thoroughly or when 'God' comes for you, you won't be amongst those saved, because you didn't bother reading his bloody book.'
ps - There is no God, so don't bother.
neologist

Fri 29 Aug, 2014 11:39 am
@mark noble,
It has never surprised me that many non believers have a considerable knowledge of scripture - as much or more than some believers. Sorry if I have to say knowledge does not equate with understanding.
cicerone imposter

Fri 29 Aug, 2014 11:41 am
@neologist,
neo, Your 'understanding' still lacks common sense. If the bible is the word of god, you must believe all the contradictions, errors and omissions of it. How do you rationalize all of them?

Kill but don't kill is ridiculous no matter who reads that crap!
mark noble

Fri 29 Aug, 2014 12:03 pm
@neologist,
proverbs directs attainment of knowledge first, wisdom follows so then will understanding. It then states that wise men are fools.
and it is foolish to rebuke a fool:)
But how does one judge a wise man, a fool or on who understands - When it also forbids one to judge?
0 Replies

neologist

Fri 29 Aug, 2014 12:26 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
neo, Your 'understanding' still lacks common sense. If the bible is the word of god, you must believe all the contradictions, errors and omissions of it. How do you rationalize all of them?
I'm a cautious individual and have considered all the so called "contradictions, errors and omissions". They all vaporize in the true message of the Bible. Ask any of your believing relatives who is in charge of world affairs. Then get back to me. We can do some vaporizing.
mark noble

Fri 29 Aug, 2014 12:38 pm
@neologist,
world affairs?
financial? media, spiritual, military, education, tech, resources, pop-control?
many arms - many heads - One agenda.
Coming to a civilization near you slowly but surely every hour of every day.
Stormcloudsgathering' take a peek....Smile
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Fri 29 Aug, 2014 01:00 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

And I am only lending him/her the ability to realise that the 'God' he/she aspires to does not claim to be solely good.
What I should have said was 'Read your bible thoroughly or when 'God' comes for you, you won't be amongst those saved, because you didn't bother reading his bloody book.'
ps - There is no God, so don't bother.

How do you know that, Mark?

Gonna keep on ducking the question, because you realize there is no answer that allows the assertion logically to be made?
0 Replies

rosborne979

Fri 29 Aug, 2014 07:34 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

rosborne979 wrote:

CharliesGold wrote:

Don't take this as I don't believe in God. I do.
But it's kinda like I question certain things... like, if He can do all the things that the Bible says then why is there war? murder? rape? poverty? world hunger? cancer? I understand that sin started with Adam & Eve but couldn't God just stop all of this??? Also, what is the actual meaning of "The Rapture"? What's supposed to actually happen?? Im so confused..

There is a simple, rational and logical solution so all of those questions... your original assumption is incorrect. There is no God.

How do you KNOW that???

I didn't say I know that. I only said it's a simple, rational and logical solution to all those questions which were posed. And it is. I think you're too focused on your own message to hear what others are saying.
rosborne979

Fri 29 Aug, 2014 07:35 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:
If there is a God, why were you, when questioned in another thread, unable to provide a particle of evidence of it?
Correction:
You found my evidence not to your liking.

It wasn't just that he didn't like it, it was because it wasn't evidence by any stretch of the imagination.
ossobuco

Fri 29 Aug, 2014 07:44 pm
Bye
neologist

Fri 29 Aug, 2014 08:13 pm
@rosborne979,
Brandon9000 wrote:
If there is a God, why were you, when questioned in another thread, unable to provide a particle of evidence of it?
I wrote:
Correction:
rosborne979 wrote:
It wasn't just that he didn't like it, it was because it wasn't evidence by any stretch of the imagination.
Yeah. Right.
Despite the fact that the Bible is not a scientific treatise, Brandon thought it relevant to ask for scientific evidence. All that may be offered in that case is to present evidence that the scriptures agree with what is known to science. Archaeologists and geologists require hundreds of pages to chronicle the first billions of years of earth's history. That Moses had the audacity to summarize all in a few verses did not square well with the intellectual sensibilities of many readers. Never mind that the information would have been barely relevant to the descendants of the first human pair.

Add to this the other worldly circumlocutions of RF and I'm sorry to have given up.
neologist

Fri 29 Aug, 2014 08:16 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
Bye
OK. Later. Very Happy
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Fri 29 Aug, 2014 08:26 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

neologist wrote:

rosborne979 wrote:
There is a simple, rational and logical solution so all of those questions... your original assumption is incorrect. There is no God.
But, on the other hand, if there is a God, there must be an explanation for human misery.

Are you saying that if a human cannot provide a particle of evidence for a thing...

...that means "the thing" cannot exist???

Humans must be pretty hot stuff in your opinion.

No, I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying that it's illogical to believe a thing to be true if you have no evidence that it's true.
Brandon9000

Fri 29 Aug, 2014 08:27 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:
Correction:

Which evidence was that? Describing what the Bible says? I dare you to give me one solitary piece of evidence that a God exists. If, as you say, you already gave it to me, it should be trivial for you to repeat it here. And by the way, don't give me dozens of disorganized data you call evidence, don't cut and paste large treatises, give me one and only one bit of evidence that God exists.
neologist

Fri 29 Aug, 2014 11:24 pm
@Brandon9000,
See post above http://able2know.org/topic/253441-2#post-5752551

The Bible is not a scientific treatise; a bibliometer does not exist.
cicerone imposter

Fri 29 Aug, 2014 11:26 pm
@neologist,
If a bibliometer did exist, it would break it! LOL
neologist

Fri 29 Aug, 2014 11:31 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I'd have to design one that handled at least 5000 C.P.M.*

* Curmudgeons Per Minute
cicerone imposter

Sat 30 Aug, 2014 12:52 am
@neologist,