Am i the only one?

Thu 28 Aug, 2014 02:36 pm
Don't take this as I don't believe in God. I do.
But it's kinda like I question certain things... like, if He can do all the things that the Bible says then why is there war? murder? rape? poverty? world hunger? cancer? I understand that sin started with Adam & Eve but couldn't God just stop all of this??? Also, what is the actual meaning of "The Rapture"? What's supposed to actually happen?? Im so confused..

cicerone imposter

Thu 28 Aug, 2014 03:09 pm
@CharliesGold,
Didn't you learn about satan, the fallen angel?

After all, god gave his only begotten son (by rape - without consent) to forgive everybody's 'sin' to have the opportunity for heaven (that doesn't exist).

What is it about your religion that you fail to understand?
0 Replies

Setanta

Thu 28 Aug, 2014 03:13 pm
No, you're not the only one. These questions about the absence of material relief from a putatively omnipotent god have been asked by millions of people over the centuries. I know of no one who has ever offered a reasonable answer.
neologist

Thu 28 Aug, 2014 03:39 pm
@CharliesGold,
Many believe that the God who created us should govern the entire earth. But that is not the case. If it were, the 'tempter' could not have offered the kingdoms of the world to Jesus in Matthew, chapter 4. So, the entire world is now in the hands of the god who hates us.

Why that is the case is a subject for further consideration.

And why priests for 1000s of years have declined to acknowledge such, perhaps it has something to do with their desire for power.
0 Replies

contrex

Thu 28 Aug, 2014 03:57 pm
I am an atheist, former Christian, but I am quite interested in the Sea Of Faith movement.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Thu 28 Aug, 2014 04:21 pm
@CharliesGold,
Quote:
then why is there war? murder? rape? poverty?
Chuck it's because She can do only what's possible. If you want a vast Universe with not only causation but free will and the like, then you'll get a certain amount of friction and pain

Quote:
God just stop all of this???
Eventually She will. Given the Big Bang, when Expansion slows down it's followed by the Big Crunch, ending in a tiny, homogenous spot of infinite mass

…..followed of course by the next Big Bang
cicerone imposter

Thu 28 Aug, 2014 04:30 pm
@dalehileman,
When the big bang creates future planets like earth with similar living organisms like humans, it's going to create more gods that will save their souls.

It's endless!
0 Replies

rosborne979

Thu 28 Aug, 2014 07:27 pm
@CharliesGold,
CharliesGold wrote:

But it's kinda like I question certain things... like, if He can do all the things that the Bible says then why is there war? murder? rape? poverty? world hunger? cancer? I understand that sin started with Adam & Eve but couldn't God just stop all of this??? Also, what is the actual meaning of "The Rapture"? What's supposed to actually happen?? Im so confused..

There is a simple, rational and logical solution so all of those questions... your original assumption is incorrect. There is no God.
neologist

Thu 28 Aug, 2014 08:08 pm
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:
There is a simple, rational and logical solution so all of those questions... your original assumption is incorrect. There is no God.
But, on the other hand, if there is a God, there must be an explanation for human misery.
cicerone imposter

Thu 28 Aug, 2014 08:35 pm
@rosborne979,
The real problem lies in the fact that too many people believe their god does exist.
neologist

Thu 28 Aug, 2014 08:57 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
The real problem lies in the fact that too many people believe their god does exist.
It may be of interest that the Bible describes a time when the religions of the world will be destroyed.

How or why could that be, I wonder?
cicerone imposter

Thu 28 Aug, 2014 09:01 pm
@neologist,
That's when the son of god appears in the sky to deliver his people to heaven, and there will no longer the need for a messiah.
neologist

Thu 28 Aug, 2014 10:09 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
That's when the son of god appears in the sky to deliver his people to heaven, and there will no longer the need for a messiah.
Perhaps the next time one of your relatives tells you that, you should ask for a 'show me' from his Bible. Take a count of the word whiskers and let me know how many.
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Fri 29 Aug, 2014 02:40 am
I couldnt find the word Rapture in the bible, maybe a typo? anyhoo, here is the best I could do.

raptor
ˈraptə/Submit
noun
a bird of prey, e.g. an eagle or hawk.
informal
a dromaeosaurid dinosaur, especially a velociraptor or utahraptor.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Fri 29 Aug, 2014 04:55 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

rosborne979 wrote:
But, on the other hand, if there is a God, there must be an explanation for human misery.

If there is a God, why were you, when questioned in another thread, unable to provide a particle of evidence of it?
Frank Apisa

Fri 29 Aug, 2014 07:15 am
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

CharliesGold wrote:

How do you KNOW that???

Or are you just guessing...like the people who are guessing there is a god...only in the other direction?
Frank Apisa

Fri 29 Aug, 2014 07:20 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

neologist wrote:

rosborne979 wrote:

If there is a God, why were you, when questioned in another thread, unable to provide a particle of evidence of it?

Are you saying that if a human cannot provide a particle of evidence for a thing...

...that means "the thing" cannot exist???

Humans must be pretty hot stuff in your opinion.

neologist

Fri 29 Aug, 2014 07:23 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:
Correction:
You found my evidence not to your liking.
mark noble

Fri 29 Aug, 2014 10:31 am
@CharliesGold,
Isaiah 45:7. God claims himself the creator of both good and evil.
The rapture is a reference to the tribulation - This is when christians are gathered up by god and the rest of us are destroyed prior to enduring eternity in hell.
neologist

Fri 29 Aug, 2014 10:55 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:
Isaiah 45:7. God claims himself the creator of both good and evil.
The rapture is a reference to the tribulation - This is when christians are gathered up by god and the rest of us are destroyed prior to enduring eternity in hell.
More accurate rendition of Isaiah 45:7
Quote:
I form light and create darkness,
I make peace and create calamity;
I, Jehovah, am doing all these things.
And,of course, rapture is not mentioned in the Bible. BTW, those who are destroyed would no longer be conscious.