Am i the only one?

One Eyed Mind

Sat 20 Sep, 2014 06:52 pm
@neologist,
Did you just say the Bible does "not" support the concept of an immortal soul? In spite of people assuming that it does?

You have my intrigue by the balls. Do tell, Neo.
0 Replies

MWal

Sat 20 Sep, 2014 07:12 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
Stories are tools to measure our imagination the creator of the universe you hold so dearly.
One Eyed Mind

Sat 20 Sep, 2014 07:26 pm
@MWal,
The imagination is not physical because the Universe knows its power and does not want to have that power already physical until we ideologically manifest that power.
MWal

Sat 20 Sep, 2014 07:44 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
The universe is how we have the imagination, and because of the imagination. That's balance.
One Eyed Mind

Sat 20 Sep, 2014 07:50 pm
@MWal,
The imagination is the Universe. It's all physical and metaphysical in terms of coexistence. There is an interplay of what "is" and what is "imagined". The Universe has a mathematical algorithm that exists on both, a physical and non-physical level. That is why our dreams are connected to us on a metaphysical level, but reflect the physical state. The physical world is the "evolution" of the metaphysical world.
MWal

Sat 20 Sep, 2014 10:34 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
Well that about sums up what I think. Your alright.
One Eyed Mind

Sat 20 Sep, 2014 10:54 pm
@MWal,
To make sure that this is not a translation error, feel free to let us know what you "think". It would be great to reach an agreement after our heated debate, but it also would be boring.
MWal

Sun 21 Sep, 2014 01:42 am
@One Eyed Mind,
Boring? What's boring? I think exactly as you do on that last post to tell you the truth.
One Eyed Mind

Sun 21 Sep, 2014 01:48 am
@MWal,
Agreeing with people instead of disagreeing is boring.

But I am always very elated anyways.
Smileyrius

Sun 21 Sep, 2014 05:00 am
@One Eyed Mind,
You are still using hell as a polar opposite to heaven, when none of the definitions rendered hell would support it. The idea of heaven above and hell below are not based upon scripture, it is the work of theologians, who have introduced a large amount of doctrine into religion often based on surrounding cultures and celebrations.

If I apply distorted data universally, how do I know that I am getting an undistorted response?
MWal

Sun 21 Sep, 2014 12:41 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
Agreement means we can elaborate on each others thoughts, very enlightening and interesting. Pacifist try not to get into arguments.
0 Replies

judyf

Mon 22 Sep, 2014 12:41 am
@Setanta,
They have offered answers my friend you just don't like the answer therefore you feel like you haven't gotten any.
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Mon 22 Sep, 2014 12:45 am
@Smileyrius,
Why were they written into the scripture, then?

That's why we are discussing this.
Buttermilk

Mon 22 Sep, 2014 04:04 am
@CharliesGold,
Because God doesn't care.....

God has endowed living sentient beings with the ability to solve their own problems why should he intervene?

The day my mother (a good woman) died and suffered from cancer is the moment I knew God didn't care about humans. Cancer or any illness is a byproduct of the mortality of human existence.
neologist

Mon 22 Sep, 2014 09:56 am
@One Eyed Mind,
They are written into the scriptures.
True.
But you must actually read the scriptures to understand why.
neologist

Mon 22 Sep, 2014 10:17 am
@Buttermilk,
I am sorry to hear of your mother's painful death. I assure you, however, that the true God does care.

But, in our current world, the true God is not managing human affairs. If that were so, the tempter could not have offered the entire world to Jesus in Matthew, chapter 4. But God has not abdicated. In due time, he will act to set things straight.

You will see your mother again. Read John 5: 28, 29; also Revelation 21: 3,4

Of course, to us it seems an intolerably long time. But we don't keep the clock.
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Mon 22 Sep, 2014 05:22 pm
@neologist,
What is there not to understand, Neo?

The NT and the OT are allegorical dichotomies that represent nature before humanity and the emergence of humanity.

Speaking on frequencies, the OT is based on the red, orange and yellow frequency. The NT is based on the green, blue, dark blue and purple frequency.

The OT is the core that represents the NT greatly, in some strange way. We need great evil to understand great love. Without the OT, the NT would not have the power it has now to symbolize love, strength and humanity.

They are representing each other as very important allegories of nature. I highly doubt there's anything else to these books, when it's quite clear that the books are elaborating on two entire different sides of nature - why? It's exactly the reason why I explained earlier.
neologist

Mon 22 Sep, 2014 05:34 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
One Eyed Mind wrote:
What is there not to understand, Neo?
Quite a lot, I would say, since you have not provided any logical connection to your exegesis.
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Mon 22 Sep, 2014 05:38 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
Heaven was written into scripture to describe two things, one is the realm above, namely the sky, space, anything over our heads was described as the heavens. It is also used to describe the dwelling place of God. but we also know that flesh and blood cannot enter into the kingdom of heaven, so it is not a physical but a spiritual realm.
I often consider the "flatlands" principle as to how a spirit place could exist without our perception of it.
As for hell, as previously mentioned, hell is not in the bible. The concept of hell was adopted from outside cultures.
Hades/She'ol were written into the bible as standard terminology used by the people of the time to describe "the grave"
Gehenna was a physical place, it was on the map and so it was as natural to write in Gehenna as it would be to write in say Tyre or Si'don

Is there anything in the bible you consider to be literal rather than allegory or do you assert that everything is a metaphor for the universe and beyond?
Smileyrius

Mon 22 Sep, 2014 05:41 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
I would also challenge that evil is not a thing but a lack of a thing, but that is for another discussion.