Caught between fun and responsibility?

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 08:57 pm
Has any one ever been caught in a phase of wanting to have fun and be careless but being stuck with responsibility?
If so, how did you find balance?

Clearly, work is not going away. I need money. I need a job. I don't want to feel misrable knowing I have to work. I'm trying to figure out how to balance both. Is it a change in perspective that will help me feel better and think clearer?

help!

BillRM

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 10:12 pm
@LiveLoughLaugh24,
I suggest you find a career that you are interested in not just a job.

Since I was a teenager I was interested in electronic so I got my degree and work in that field for thirty-three years and it kind of nice to had been able to earn a nice solid middle class income doing the same things I always enjoy doing in any case.

Find something that you enjoy doing that you can earn a paycheck at the same time.

For example I had known people who enjoy traveling and had found jobs that involved travel in one form or another.
0 Replies

luismtzzz

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 11:39 am
@LiveLoughLaugh24,
This is exactly what growing up and ecoming an adult is about. Accept the responasbilities of your actions and mediate your desires and your duties.

Bill is right. Find something that make you happy to do that at the same time can make you have profit. Even if you have to work hard for it, or study a long career. There are countless of options. I found mine on Medicine. Here on A2K you can find people of many different careers, do not be afraid to ask.

Loving the thing you do for a living is like not working at all (i do not remmeber the sauce of this quote)
0 Replies