Can women be sexist?

Thu 10 Jul, 2014 04:48 pm
I think it's a fairly straight forward and legitimate question.

Men can be sexist. Can women?

djjd62

Thu 10 Jul, 2014 04:54 pm
@nononono,
of course they can

0 Replies

Germlat

Thu 10 Jul, 2014 05:05 pm
@nononono,
Some of the most sexist people I know are women.... There are considerations to be taken in consideration. History for instance.....
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 10 Jul, 2014 05:18 pm
@nononono,
Why not?
0 Replies

nononono

Thu 10 Jul, 2014 10:45 pm
So if women can be sexist just like men can, then why do they get a free pass to do so while men don't?

That's a legitimate point.

This video clip infuriates me. It aired on the show "The Talk" which is on national TV. The all female hosts makes jokes and laugh about a man whose wife cut off his penis and put it in the garbage disposal simply because he wanted a divorce. The almost all female audience also cheers and laughs.

If this had happened on a TV show with all male hosts, where they laughed and made jokes about a man cutting up his wife's vagnia with a knife simply because she asked for a divorce, could you imagine the response? Those men would've been immediately fired and would never be able to get jobs in TV again. Yet the women of "The Talk" are still working in TV to this day!

It's this double standard in society that enrages me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRa3yQVtV2g&feature=youtu.be
Romeo Fabulini

Fri 11 Jul, 2014 12:59 am
One bitterly cold evening a couple of years ago I nipped in the corner shop to buy some stuff, and the two shopwomen noticed I was all bundled up against the cold with two thick sweaters and big thick padded jacket, so one said to the other something like "I bet he wishes we were under his jacket with him to keep him warm!"
I gave a weak smile and never said anything but I honestly felt a bit disappointed with them. Do women really have such a low sexist opinion of men that they think we've got sex on our minds all the time as if we're animals?

PS- A few months later the woman who said it deserted her hub and teenage daughter to go live with some bloke 200 miles away who she met on the internet..
Germlat

Fri 11 Jul, 2014 11:18 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
I think you're taking it a bit far..,sometimes people do it for comedy according to the days events. As a woman...I know the difference. There are subtle nuances.
0 Replies

Germlat

Sat 12 Jul, 2014 10:10 am
@nononono,
Absolutely distasteful video. But don't assume the entertainment industry represents the attitudes/views of people in general. If sexist free speech were a crime, Rap music would be illegal due to it's condescending attitude towards females. Many men's magazines would also have to shut down. I think to make a generalization such as "women get a free pass" is quite short-sighted. It hasn't been long since women have had the opportunity to have control over the outcomes of their lives: the ability to vote, pregnancies, inheritance of property, or even the right to study...in many places women's rights are still overlooked. As far as the U.S.....well, women get to do most of the housework, child-rearing, and also get to work outside the home. How's that for a free pass? Also, they get to listen to the entairtaiment/beauty industry tell them they need to always look young, thin, and beautiful. I would like to know how many women have the leisure of getting to relax when they come home after a day's work....to come home to a meal, a clean hose, and having the children cared for. What's the expression?---bring home the bacon and fry it too.
0 Replies

Germlat

Sat 12 Jul, 2014 10:35 am
@nononono,
I have seen professional women of child-bearing age overlooked during promotions. I think part of the reason is due to the fact that women have strong responsibilities outside the home and cannot discard these responsibilities....they may have to take days off if their child is ill, for instance. I think this in part the reason women are waiting longer to become mothers.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Sat 12 Jul, 2014 12:56 pm
Many women are even sexist and catty towards their own sex!
Classic example is when America's women had the chance to vote for Sarah Palin and Johnny McCain, but blew it by voting for a black man (Obama) instead!
What a great landmark victory it'd have been for women everywhere, from a torture cell to the White House..

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/suffragette1_zpsfc462641.jpg~original

Poor Sarah, stabbed in the back by her own sex..
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sarah-sad_zpseabe1ee3.jpg~original
0 Replies