Dating from the past and weight gain

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2014 09:21 pm
Hi all, So I recently started talking to someone I knew in high school on facebook and never really gave much thought to. He just texted me asking if I wanted to go out with him on Saturday night and I am not sure what to say for one simple reason, I have put on a lot of weight since high school during a very long and abusive relationship. I am only a few months out of this relationship and haven't lost enough to where I feel good about myself on dates yet. Plus, the last time this guy saw me I was much lighter and I don't want to completely shock him. Any advise?

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2014 10:13 pm
@veganagogo,
You could tell him what you wrote here and decide together if this is a good time for a date. He might surprise you. I'm pretty sure he doesn't look the same as he did in high school either.

Do you have any photos of yourself on your FB page? If so, you could give him a link to your page and that could also help break the ice for you.

Congratulations on surviving the upheavel in your life and choosing to not allow it to keep you from thriving.
0 Replies

luismtzzz

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2014 05:30 pm
@veganagogo,
First, it is great that you had scaped a bad relationship. It is a very difficult step to take and i hope that now everything works great for you.

Now, it is your time to became the woman you want to be. I understand you completely i am getting out of a difficult situation also, and with 20 kg (like 44 pounds) above how i started. This man could help you get over your past difficulties. Theres an old mexican saying that preaches "a nail can remove another nail"

Be sincere with him, use recent pictures on FB, do not lie to him so he can be sincere too.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2014 05:47 pm
@veganagogo,
What they said. And congratulations on getting out. You're already a strong person. Smile
0 Replies