I literally have no real friends?!!

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2014 12:55 am
so basically I'm 15 years old (year 10) and I've been on work experience for the past two weeks and before I went for work experience I was having "friendship problems" because I was accused of saying things about my "friends." (Which I definitely have NOT btw) So now probably only 1 out of the seven girls i used to hang with speak to me! And it's so frustrating because I feel like such an outsider; I still hang with them because of the one friends that still kinda talks to me but I don't feel accepted. They always go out on weekends without me while I'm always at home by myself. The one friend who I thought liked me is a bit sceptical to speak to me because she's been told I've been saying things about her when I have not!!!! It's really hard for me to make new friends now because everyone in my school has a fixed friendship group. I met girls whilst doing work experience who were reallyyy cool but they live quite far from me and they're two years older than me so it's harder to keep in contact. I've tried looking for clubs and workshops for the summer to meet new people but most are expensive and the free ones are not things that I'm interested in! I'll be starting year 11 in September and I don't wanna be a loner in year 11! Sorry I know this was really long and may not make sense but I really need some good advice; thanks.

Pearlylustre

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2014 03:00 am
@deexiomara ,
It makes perfect sense. It sounds like you might be well rid of your friendship group but I know that doesn't make it any easier for you. I don't know if it's the same where you are but here in grade 11 you start doing elective subjects and so it's easier to make friends with people in your classes who have similar interests to you. My daughter loves maths and science and in grade 11 and 12 she stayed in touch with old friends but made a lot of new friends as well (started bringing home some very geeky people!) - now she's started university she has a whole other friendship group again. (She's doing medicine and is away this weekend practising stitching up bits of dead pig- well at least that's what she told me she's doing with this guy! Rolling Eyes ) My motherly advice is that you should focus on doing what you love doing, don't compromise on your values when it comes to who you spend time with and things will fall into place - even if it seems hard at the moment.
Pearlymum
0 Replies

LuxSpiritus

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2014 08:10 pm
Funny you say this. I know it's weird but i have experience considering i graduated this year. People can read vibes. I know females have a different "Social Order", but i would never hang out with people who weren't my style or make me uncomfortable. You don't need them if they would throw you aside. I preferred to avoid social interaction in favor of pursuing things i enjoyed. In doing so you find people who value you and the things you do. If you chose friends who arn't reliable. You can usually tell by their attitude towards life and their social protocol. I used to go to the park and just play guitar and random strangers would walk up and chill with me. Just enjoy life and find people who won't take advantage of you. There's a lot of people who don't know how to act. Just be yourself and you will find people. You don't need friends to enjoy life. Just enjoy something and find people who will help you because they enjoy it as well.
0 Replies

luismtzzz

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 02:15 am
@deexiomara ,
Well first i think it will be good for you to get rid of those girls. They seem to be huge morons the way you describe them. Someone that lies, and backstabs is not a good person to keeo as a friend.

Second, on a few years when you had matured you will be begging for time for your own. I recommend to take things easily and let thing happen naturally. Looking for friends or for a SO is always more difficult when you are constantly chasing it.

And third, if you realy want some friends asap then do the free workshop that is least boresome to you. Try your best and ask for help to your partners. It is an easy way to start talking to people.
0 Replies

deexiomara

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 03:03 pm
Thank you!!! I loved all your advice; made me feel so much better Smile))))
0 Replies