Is life too short not to try again?

Thu 17 Apr, 2014 09:29 pm
Well I need really good advise! I will make this short as possible...
I am 27 years old and have a son who is 7, His father and I separated
Over 2 years ago, we were together for 6 years....we have both moved on with
Other relationships, my problem is I still love this man! I have heard from
His friends that he isn't happy with his relationship and neither am I..
Should I tell him how I feel? I am afraid of his reaction but I just don't
Know where to start ....please help!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 509 • Replies: 4
Topic Closed
No top replies

Ragman

Thu 17 Apr, 2014 10:12 pm
@Sara2014,
Allow me to ask a question or two 'cause I know nothing of you or your background. Advising you on such a situation is a very difficult task. Why not tell us how you feel about asking him this sort of direct and risky question?

Can you say that you are able to support yourself OK and are happy with yourself at this point in your life? Are you remembering what you want to remember about the good times and are you blocking out the bad?

Most importantly, is he actively involved with child support? Does he get to see his child on a regular basis?

Also you wrote that you are separated but I see no indication you are divorced. Are you divorced? If not, why not?

Lastly, you mentioned that you both are not happy with your current situations. Are you married, engaged or living together? Is he?

Why not work out your current relationships issues FIRST? After those issues work out or end and only after they are ended without you complicating by re0inolvement...AND you've had some time NOT being in a relationship...both of you -- then and only then you can even think about other involvements.

Pls, don't mind my directness...but all of these things matter - a lot.
Sara2014

Thu 17 Apr, 2014 10:34 pm
@Ragman,
His my first love and it's been hard letting him go after 2 years...we both were faithful through out the relationship, we split up because we fought a lot, I basically walked away from us, and I regret it every day of my life...he is a amazing father, takes his son every chance he gets and is active With his child support...we never got married, just lived together and dated for 7 years... I honestly have no idea about his relationship....all I know is what his best friend tells me, says he is not happy with her, the fact that I can say I am willing let my relationship end that I am in now for my sons father makes me sound selfish, but My love for my sons dad is that strong...my concern is I don't want to intervine in his relationship or make myself look stupid... Am I wrong for even bothering with this?
Ragman

Thu 17 Apr, 2014 10:51 pm
@Sara2014,
I wish the best for you and others involved and the best of judgment to come your way There are lot of innocent bystanders here that can get hurt by any rash actions. I see that you're aware of this.

I will say this..,and admittedly it's without having the benefit of knowing more important details. so I admit I might be off a bit without having more facts. You are confusing me about your not knowing details about his current relationship. You say he is not happy and that this news came from his friend. Is he married, engaged...what is the level of his commitment?

However, this sentence troubles me:
Quote:
I am willing let my relationship end that I am in now for my sons father

I think you should first let his relationship breakup on it's own lack of merit.

My advice is you should not indicate to him how you feel about him. If he asks, that would present a deeper moral dilemma admittedly. I would leave the matter alone unless and until he tells you that he has broke up without any chance of reconnecting to her.

You just don't want to be the cause even remotely for his breakup. That would not be a good foundation of how you and he get back together.

Also you should reconsider what you could be doing to damage and mental well-being or the trust of your current b/f. I sure hope he doesn't see this thread by accident before you have a heart-to-heart with him.

These are just thoughts that circulate in my head.
0 Replies

bryancullen142

Wed 2 Jul, 2014 12:34 am
@Sara2014,
The question is ' Is he want to go back with you?'
Let him take first move if he want to be with you again.
Think about also why you broke up.
0 Replies