Wrist and fingers feel funny

Kagene

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2014 02:42 pm
I am a 22 year old male who works out 3 times a week usually run 3-6 miles a week. My general diet consists of meet, grain, and starch (Meat, pasta, bread, cheese)~ So I have night terrors and about month ago i had a really bad one where i screamed so loud my throat got bloody and i apparently ripped the curtains down and used the rod as a weapon... Since then my wrist has been bothering me first it was a tight wrist now my fingers feel tight but my wrist seems fine just cant use it much or it gets weak... So im assuming i hurt it not sure... Here recently my fingers have been colder then usual on the hand i hurt. my hands and toes have always been cold my whole life i assume its due to low blood pressure and the fact i am skinny... Just noticing the hurt hand has been colder with a tingling cold sensation like someone is pinching off the circulation... Another thing i would point out is that about 2 weeks ago i was having sex and when i went to switch position i put my weight and their weight on the hand that has bothered me and my fingers gave out and they hyper extended which my fingers cant bend back at all on either hand... The feel was a tingly weird sensation that grossed me out it lasted for about 30 minutes then went away.. could this contribute to the weird feeling in my hand? My hand doesn't hurt at all just cold and feels stiff (more so the pointer and middle finger) no swelling no different looking form the other hand... Also would the fact i dont eat vegetables make any of this make sense? If so the taste and general texture is what geeks me out about them... Any suggestions about ingesting vegetables and not throwing up? I take a multivitamin every morning along with vitamin E,D,Biotin,fish oil, and glucosamine chondroitin... Is it Rheumatoid arthritis, Lupus... Am i being silly and need to just let my hand rest?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,382 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2014 02:50 pm
@Kagene,
Stop trying to self diagnose and go see a doctor.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2014 02:56 pm
@Kagene,
They're are probably many things this could be, but the episode you describe is a possibility for an m.d. to pay attention to. I'd see an orthopedist if I were you, but at least see an m.d. Don't try to fix this with vegetables, as good for you as they are. Go to the doctor.
0 Replies

Kagene

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2014 04:33 pm
well i am 22 and in college so just going to the doctor is a little bit more difficult then that... Even with health insurance copay are always over $100 hence why i came to this discussion board to see if it was something that time could fix or not. As for the vegetable comment i just thought maybe not eating them left me susceptible to ailments, which would be funny because i havnt been sick since i was 16 and that was appendicitis.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2014 04:47 pm
@Kagene,
Are you at a college sans medical center? no student health?

Don't get me started - I threw up in the telephone booth at my university health center, major female cramps (I threw up in the best places) . I just caught the bus and went home (two buses, a walk). Bad for the next person. But that was long ago - don't you have some sort of reference list from your college? That help may be closer than from any of us.

But, let us know..
roger

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2014 04:50 pm
@Kagene,
It could be related to the lack of vegetables, and might not be. Whatever, if it persists till Monday, you should really seek medical attention. You're awfully young to begin picking up permanent disabilities regardless of co-pays and deductibles.
0 Replies

Kagene

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2014 04:51 pm
@ossobuco,
We have a general physician on campus but its mostly for booster shots and cold/flue meds. I think ill give it a good 2 weeks and wear a hand brace and see if it changes... Also any advice on the veggies scene? I wish i could partake in eating them just the taste is almost like sulfur and the texture makes me physically gag and throw up... I dont feel like my multivitamin is cutting it lol.
roger

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2014 05:01 pm
@Kagene,
I repeat myself, but if it isn't noticeably better on Monday, seek out that GP. Physicians do much more than booster shots, and have a bit more knowledge than the average forum poster.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2014 05:01 pm
@Kagene,
Kagene, I can talk all day about vegetables but that is a red herring here, I was teasing. Let's get the problem solved first and then look at vegetables that aren't awful. Many of us from my generation hated them, when it turned out they were cooked wrong a lot of the time. Later on that.

You wounded yourself somehow, in a dream state. I can newly understand that; my hallucinations were from a drug (for itching) that I stopped once I caught on. I'd never even had nightmares before that.
But -
the result to your wrist back then is important. Get it checked.

I had my wrists checked a few years ago for carpal tunnel syndrome, and no, but I had muscle wasting. Turned out to be a kind of arthritis of the thumb. Huh.
And the wrist is connected, and so on.

I am doubting your problem is either of those, but go to a good doctor at least for a beginning appointment, and talk.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2014 05:25 pm
@ossobuco,
Adds, my fingers cramp too, sometimes. But I've been tested, and you need to get this seen. The tests don't hurt.
Kagene

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2014 05:50 pm
@ossobuco,
I'll see if campus Doc will do anything but the campus physician is known for not being much help. He literally just writes scripts for flue and other illnesses like strep and bronchitis. Anything else he just says go to a doc, which im flat broke right now as stated i just chucked 3 grand to the school so i could take calculus as a summer course.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2014 06:08 pm
@Kagene,
I get it re lack of money. Is there a nearby university clinic? even an hour away? asking at an orthopedic clinic? Your parents? When I was approximately your age, my parents were in a major money loss situation, and I only got to go to school by living at home and having the luck to have a university that didn't yet charge tuition be nearby.

Also, this dream stuff, night terrors, makes me wonder, how that is happening?
I've only had that, after seventy years sans nightmares at all, when I was prescribed a certain drug, and the connection between that and the hallucinations was obvious and stopped when I stopped the drug - a dermatology drug.

ossobuco

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2014 06:10 pm
@Kagene,
Do you have a school counselor? I admit to never seeing one, but it probably could have helped me. Maybe they could help with info or maybe not, but worth a try.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2014 06:32 pm
@ossobuco,
Are you taking any meds or supplements that might have these aftereffects?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2014 07:04 pm
@Kagene,
Kagene wrote:

I'll see if campus Doc will do anything but the campus physician is known for not being much help. He literally just writes scripts for flue and other illnesses like strep and bronchitis. Anything else he just says go to a doc, which im flat broke right now as stated i just chucked 3 grand to the school so i could take calculus as a summer course.

You are young enough to still be covered by your parent's health insurance. Is that a possibility? Did you sign up for coverage at the Affordable Care Act website?

Do they have any local drop in clinics you can go to? What state and county are you in? Do a Google search for free health clinics in your city or county. At the very least, have a medical professional look at it and get your symptoms. From there, you can decide whether to allow any xrays or tests to be done. A doctor's office visit is usually around $60 if you can't find a free one or one that has fees based on a sliding scale of about pity to pay.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2014 08:40 pm
There are so many things it could be. Cold hands and feet could be circulation, high cholesterol, pinched nerve, carpel tunnel just too many things to guess about. I get that the doc in your clinic is lazy, but try to press him or her a little. You don't need a flu shot, you don't have bronchitis, ask him or her to TRY to remember medical school and rotations. At least he/she should recommend what type of doc you need. It's a little nuts for a doctor to say, I don't know I think you should see a doctor. Please remember your tuition payments fund the university, in other words, you are a consumer and you should demand better services because without students paying tuition, you no longer have a school, and doctor welby is out on his butt.

I thought the medical services were trained to recognize depression, treat social diseases and basically make sure the university does not succumb to contagious
illnesses. At least the lazy doc could point you to a low cost or free clinic. But you really should find out what's causing these discomforts. I don't know what you mean by working out, but if your using free weights, please make sure you are using them properly. Sometimes just a readjustment of shoulders or wrists will prevent injury.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2014 08:50 am
Have you tried alternating hands? Tried an underhand grip? Just asking. Repetitive Motion Syndrome turns up in the least suspected places. Motrin might help. Cold showers might.
0 Replies