I don't know what to do. I am a wreck.

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2014 02:49 pm
Here is my issue. 5 years ago I was incredibly stupid and left the love of my life because I allowed other people to put "stupid and untrue" idea's about her in my head. I was told by a friend that my girl friend was cheating on me, and it was so convincing, that I decided to leave the relationship by starting one with the woman that I am married to now. Don't get me wrong, I do love me wife, and in the beginning, things were great. Over the years, the relationship has dwindled down to nothing despite me trying everything that I could to get keep the marriage strong. Well, last week, my ex (the one I never should have dumped in the first place) contacted me and her current marriage is kinda sucking too. We have talked on the phone, and even met for lunch. The wierd thing is, it was like we have never been separated for that 5 years. Everything is still the same, our connection hasn't faded and I know in my heart that I am still madly in love with her. She still loves me to. What do I do? Do I leave an unhappy but stable life to attempt to rebuild a life with her? Do I stay with my wife, risk being unhappy, and let my true love move out of my life again? Any suggestions? This really sucks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 778 • Replies: 7
No top replies

contrex

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2014 02:51 pm
Anyone can make a mistake. There is a name for someone who makes the same one twice. It starts with an F.

0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2014 03:03 pm
@cbjohnson7474,
- all your friends were telling you she was cheating on you

- and all of your friends must have had an agenda...every single one of them...

- they were even convincing...

And have you ever come up with a motive for every single one of them to warn you about her?

Every person is different, so you would need to come up with a motive for each individual person that fits each of those individual persons, as to why they would each tell you such things.
PUNKEY

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2014 03:05 pm
@cbjohnson7474,
I sure wish you would sort out your marriage FIRST before jumping (yes, that's what it it) into something new.

Both of you are still married and that deserves your attention now.

Avoid some future guilt and remorse about doing something too fast (again). Go to marriage counseling and see what's wrong with your marriage. Be truthful that your eye is wandering . . . to the past and to a past love that you don't even fully know. That ought to get your wife's attention.

Don't do something foolish AGAIN.
cbjohnson7474

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2014 03:41 pm
@vikorr,
When I said all, it was actually one. A mutual friend of both of ours who immediately tried to get with me once we broke up. So she did have alterior motives. Yeah, I was a real sucker.
0 Replies

cbjohnson7474

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2014 03:44 pm
@PUNKEY,
I hope this doesn't sound bad, but I truly believe my wife and I was a rebound relationship which I now know is not a healty foundation.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2014 03:59 pm
@cbjohnson7474,
cbjohnson7474 wrote:

Here is my issue. 5 years ago I was incredibly stupid and left the love of my life because I allowed other people to put "stupid and untrue" idea's about her in my head. I was told by a friend that my girl friend was cheating on me, and it was so convincing, that I decided to leave the relationship by starting one with the woman that I am married to now. Don't get me wrong, I do love me wife, and in the beginning, things were great. Over the years, the relationship has dwindled down to nothing despite me trying everything that I could to get keep the marriage strong. Well, last week, my ex (the one I never should have dumped in the first place) contacted me and her current marriage is kinda sucking too. We have talked on the phone, and even met for lunch. The wierd thing is, it was like we have never been separated for that 5 years. Everything is still the same, our connection hasn't faded and I know in my heart that I am still madly in love with her. She still loves me to. What do I do? Do I leave an unhappy but stable life to attempt to rebuild a life with her? Do I stay with my wife, risk being unhappy, and let my true love move out of my life again? Any suggestions? This really sucks.

To me, I could be wrong. But I get the feeling that something is missing from this story. Some things don't add up. For one, have you even asked if the allegations about her cheating on you were true or not? It seems you are in a position to actually find that out. The other aspect is, like Punkey brought up is your friends. All of your friends were wrong?

I guess if it was only one or two friends but how many were claiming they new she was up to something? And what exactly was their convincing evidence? That just seems weird that you never seemed to have cleared the air, you just sounded like you reacted to your friends data as facts. That doesn't sound very smart to me.

Not only that but listen to yourself. You are willing to end things with your wife? Because things are not going all that great to get back together with a person who your friends convinced you that she was cheating on you. How easy is it to convince you of something? If I tell you I met some aliens from outer space yesterday are you convinced? Because I get the impression from how you write up your problem that, this is all it takes.

I say there is probably something wrong with you personally, not your wife or this ex girl friend.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 06:27 am
@cbjohnson7474,
Quote:
Well, last week, my ex (the one I never should have dumped in the first place) contacted me and her current marriage is kinda sucking too.

Yeah, out of the blue, for no reason at all, she contacts you and immediately the conversation turns to how her marriage is sucking and of course in that moment you realize your marriage is sucking. Look, I get it. Things are not the same for you as they were when you first got married. The excitement is gone for you. Well, guess what? It is probably gone for you wife also. So why not work on getting the excitement back? Because if you dump your wife for this woman, in five years the excitement will be gone there also. If it lasts that long.

Maybe if you devoted as much time to rekindling things with your wife as you are spending fantasizing about getting back together with this other woman your marriage would improve and you would realize how close you came to making a mistake.
0 Replies