Best way to say this

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2014 04:06 pm
Hello. I would like to say "the time elapsed between the food being ready and being consumed." Is there a more concise way of saying that? (This regards how long on average foods sit in a buffet before being eaten).

Thanks very much.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 700 • Replies: 7
No top replies

contrex

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2014 04:41 pm
The time the food waited to be consumed?
0 Replies

Doubtful

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2014 07:07 am
@Doubtful,
After some time searching, I found out that the correct term is "holding time." It's the term used by the CDC when discussing food safety.
dalehileman

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2014 12:51 pm
@Doubtful,
Thank you Doubt for the revelation; it's not everyday that……….
Doubtful

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2014 12:59 pm
@dalehileman,
I'm sure most people here have eaten at a buffer restaurant or school/college cafeteria. Someone could have heard the term and answered the question, saving me a lot of searching time.
dalehileman

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2014 01:04 pm
@Doubtful,
Sometimes Doubt I feel much the same way. However I have to admit sheepishly at 83 after a lifetime in the field of journ I myself was unfamiliar with the expr
0 Replies

knaivete

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 11:35 pm
@Doubtful,
Quote:
I'm sure most people here have eaten at a buffer

I am such a buffer.

Quote:
Someone could have heard the term and answered the question, saving me a lot of searching time.

Yes, I agree, it would seem that some people here are almost completely ignorant.

I console myself in the certain knowledge that I was at least capable of answering your questions on the other thread, (you remember: warehousing and warehouser) unlike some.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2014 12:11 pm
@Doubtful,
Quote:
Someone could have heard the term and answered the question, saving me a lot of searching time.
indeed Doubt, the morn spent scrolling Google often seems a fruitless and unappreciated waste of one's time while yardwork is calling
0 Replies