why do i hate my dad

diana97

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2014 02:00 pm
i realy dont know why i hate my dad with no reason i just hate him so much when he talks to me im nswering him just with one world or when he want;s something from me im so angry when im near him i dont feel like home anytime when my momy is not home i hate coming home he never ever did somthing to me never but i just dont know whats wrong with me im 16 years years ago i loved him he was like my hero but no i dont feel nothing then hate whenever he asks me somthing im alweys ansvering like angry he ws working and i dident use to se him that much now that he left his work he's home everytime and i feel so badd you know i really want these to change i dont wana feel no longer like thing pless give me some advices

Ragman

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2014 02:03 pm
@diana97,
Ummm. Just out of curiosity, what 16-yr-old calls their mother 'mommy'?
jespah

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2014 02:13 pm
@diana97,
It's called being 16. It'll pass.
diana97

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2014 05:12 pm
@jespah,
thank you it this means a lot to me .
Advocate

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2014 06:20 pm
@diana97,
Discuss this with your school counselor. He or she probably had training in how to handle this type of thing. The counselor will keep your conversation confidential.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2014 08:04 pm
Quote:
Diana said: i realy dont know why i hate my dad with no reason

Yeah like Jespah said, there IS a reason, it's because you're 16!
Most 16-yr-olds (including me) stopped talking to our parents when we're around that age, it's not because we hate them, it's because they bore the krap out of us!
It's nature's way of encouraging us to start thinking about leaving the family home and get a place of our own and live our own lives.
16 is still pretty young so ride it out for another couple of years til you're a legal adult around 18 and can do what you want..Smile
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2014 08:33 pm
@diana97,
A father of my acquaintance explains how one of his sons now verging on 40 zings him at the slightest opportunity, while he gets along admirably with the other. "Although No. 1 Son denies it as hatred, it's a devastating subconscious condition," he states, "undoubtedly brought about in early life with the birth of No. 2, when I seemed partial to the newborn, chastising my firstborn repeatedly whenever he exhibited acts of jealousy

"So today he manifests his buried rage as a resentment in reaction to nearly anything I say with which he disagrees in the slightest." My friend goes on to bewail his offspring's attitude, concluding, "It's the single biggest regret of my entire life that I didn't better relate to him as a toddler"

Father-son friction so often encountered as the subject of psychotherapy, is probably one of the most common mental impairments in the family. Less seldom discussed, Diana, the mother-daughter relationship might suffer from similar cause
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2014 08:53 pm
@diana97,
When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years. ~Mark Twain, "Old Times on the Mississippi" Atlantic Monthly, 1874

0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2014 08:49 am
Like most teens, all i got from my parents was waves of negativity, so no wonder kids stop talking to them.
For example "Don't be ridiculous" my mother sneered at me when I told her I was going camping.
And whenever I brought a plastic model kit home, my dad would sneer "Huh, been wasting your money again?"
Perhaps he'd have preferred me to join the local street gang instead?
I never spoke to him for the last 15 years of his life and when he died of cancer i thought "good, he's dead at last"..Wink
0 Replies

rykababe97

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2014 10:17 am
@diana97,
I can't tell you why, only you can. but I just wanted to let you know that it's normal. I'm 16, too. I sometimes get like this specially with my mom. She just annoys me with her question and the way she talks, but I love her. I'm sure you love your dad too, hence you posting here and being worried about these feelings. Maybe do an activity with him that you used to do when you were little. Like IDK, my dad used to take me surfing, maybe you could do that. It'll take you to the times that were better. It sucks to feel guilty over being annoyed with your family, but it happens. I think it's a part of growing up...or at least that's my excuse!
0 Replies

saab

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2014 01:08 pm
When my father turned 50 I was around 15.
At the big dinner some relative said I had to make a speach. I did not know what to do. This is about what I can remember what I said when I had about 5 seconds to prepare.
Dear Papa. As a little girl I thought you were more or less God himself.
A couple of years ago I thought you were the bigges idiot walking on this earth.
Now I think that I have the kindest and nicest father on this earth.

Hopefully that will happen to you too.
Disliiking one of our parents is part of growing up and becoming an independent young person.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2014 08:43 pm
Everything my parents said to me was designed to put me down and destroy my confidence, so like I said, when I was about 16 i stopped talking to them because they were such pains-in-the ass..Smile
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2014 09:53 am
I think you are getting a lot of bad advice here from amateurs. Again, see a professional, such as the counselor in your school, who would know what he or she is talking about.

The people in this thread don't know what they are talking about.
saab

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2014 10:00 am
@Advocate,
Not all counselors at a school know what they are talking about nor are they always trustworthy.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2014 10:15 am
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:
Ummm. Just out of curiosity, what 16-yr-old calls their mother 'mommy'?
Girls do.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2014 10:06 pm
@saab,
saab wrote:

Not all counselors at a school know what they are talking about nor are they always trustworthy.

Isn't that true of everyone? I think it is worth a shot.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2014 10:10 pm
School counsellors are useless because they're part of the system and are therefore on the system's side and will pressure kids into being good little girls and boys
izzythepush

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2014 06:09 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

It's called being 16. It'll pass.

Not if you're Romeo Fabulini.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2014 10:24 am
The things parents say and do during a kids childhood build up until around age 16 a rift has opened between them.
For example my parents got rid of my pet dog when I was about 8 and that began to open the rift..
Germlat

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2014 11:27 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
When you're a teenager you want to assert your individualism, problem is your brain isn't fully matured. Your frontal cortex for instance, cannot be relied upon to make the best judgements. But it is completely necessary to try to exert individualism to succeed . Adolescence is more of an exercise. For instance, if you exercise smoking in adolescence , chances are you will develop a habit. Very seldom do people become addicted to nicotine after the age of 21. No coincidence .
0 Replies