Is she interested in me? Please help! *LONG QUESTION*

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2014 03:23 pm
Hi. I am a 13 year old guy who is crazy in this girl. She is beautiful, kind and allways makes me happy. It's like I am going to stop breathing and die whenever I am close to her.

We have become close friends now, hell, I might even be friendzoned.
Anyways, I am almost positive that she is interested in me. I hope so.
1. Whenever we are going to hang out, as soon as she sees me she allways brightens up and says something like "Awwwh I knew you would come Very Happy"
2. 90% of the time she sees me (not in school, on our free time) she usually runs up and hugs me.
3. It is kind of hard to describe, but one time at this youth center* (read bottom) me and one of my other friends was sitting watching some funny videos on Youtube, when she walked up to us, said hi, and sat down on a chair right next to me and watched aswell. We were having a great time. And then, suddenly, she just started to hug me and rested her head on my shoulder as we kept watching it and laughed together. My heart went all crazy when she did that, it was like torture! I didnt know what to do :S
4. Whenever she gets the chance to hang out with me all alone, just the two of us, she allways takes it.

Is this girl really interested in me?
And, well, the thing is, I feel very insecure because I am ugly as ****, and I am sort of overweight aswell. (Ok, well, it's not like I weight 176 pounds/80 kg, more like 55-60)

Thank you! (Please no trolls.)

youth center: a place where all age 13+ kids go to hang out to play board games/computer games, take a snack, sit down in a cough and hang out, play billiard/cue etc.

*I am deeply sorry if I posted this in the wrong place or whatever, it's my first time using it Razz*

View best answer, chosen by chickeonaraft
Romeo Fabulini
  Selected Answer

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2014 03:34 pm
Quote:
chickeonaraft said: It's like I am going to stop breathing and die whenever I am close to her

Is she garrotting you or what?
chickeonaraft

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2014 03:40 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Haha, well, at first I didn't even know what you meant by that, and when I looked "garroting" it said it was some kind of medival torturing method? XD

What I meant by that is that I really like her Very Happy
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2014 04:07 pm
@chickeonaraft,
Ask!

"Susan (or whatever her name is), let's get a soda together." She will probably say yes. Then spill - "I really like you. More than as a friend. And I hope you like me, too."

Nothing else. Just present it as above. These words are clear, direct, and honest. They are also unambiguous, but you are also not asking for anything. You are not threatening to stop hanging out with her if the answer is not what you want to hear. You're just telling her.

If she likes you that way, she'll most likely tell you. If she's unsure, she may or may not say anything, but at least you have laid your cards on the table. And if she does not like you that way, she will either flat out tell you or will dance around it, but you will probably be able to figure that out.

Recognize that, at your age, if she does not feel that way about you, it may very well end the friendship. Also recognize that she may be wholly unaware of how her hugs are affecting you. So cut her a little slack if she claims that she didn't know (when I was her age, I would have been pretty clueless about such things, too. It happens. It's not intended to be malicious).

But lay your cards out on the table. If it works out, great! If it doesn't, then you can honestly say that you tried. Which is a helluva lot more than a lot of other people do.
0 Replies

Nom de plume

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2014 10:35 pm
@chickeonaraft,
You sound like a nice young man. However, you are too young for a serious girlfriend. But, she sounds like she likes you, is pleasant to hang out with. I would not read too much into her actions. She just wants a friend she can trust and if you stay nice and don't scare her off by getting grabby or trying to kiss her, she will probably want to stay friends. Now is the time to learn about relationships. You are lucky to find someone so nice to hang with.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2014 10:45 pm
Girls are very touchy and sometimes over friendly these days. What may be just friendliness on her part means much more to you. Does she act like this with everyone?

Take it cool and give this some time. Maybe you can ask her friend if she has mentioned anything special about you - or if you are just a friend.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 07:08 pm
Quote:
Chickeonaraft said: as soon as she sees me she allways brightens up...she usually runs up and hugs me....rested her head on my shoulder.
Whenever she gets the chance to hang out with me all alone, just the two of us, she allways takes it.
Is this girl really interested in me?

At the moment yes, but if you don't respond by doing something like putting your arm round her and giving her a little kiss on the cheek she'll think you're gay and ditch you..Smile
0 Replies