Are construction workers entitled to having vacation time? How frequent through the year?

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 04:41 pm
Do construction workers have days off/vacation, beside the significant holidays they get off? I looked it up on construction informative sites, but just want to confirm it. Including private companies, but I feel like majority are private, as goes for landscaping companies.

Also, do they also have time off when crucially needed, due to weather conditions, the worst of winter when there's not much you can do. For example, a bobcat could not do their thing with dirt piles if there are countless feet of snow along with freezing weather, makes the tasks impossible. At least until it gets a bit warmer weather and melting is involved.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 4,130 • Replies: 11

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 06:27 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
Sorry, I'm not going to enable you your indulgence in continuing this.

Please, get on with your life. You've got a lot going for you.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 06:58 pm
@Butrflynet,
What are you talking about? I am asking a simple, straight-forward question. If you don't want to be involved, then you shouldn't have led yourself into typing a post. You saw the thread, could have decided not to comment. Don't complain on something self-inflicted.
roger

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 07:08 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
Thank you. I have decided not to comment.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 07:39 pm
@roger,
You commented.
roger

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 07:45 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
I know. Mr. Green
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2014 09:48 am
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
If someone could please help me out here, it would be MUCG appreciated and I'd be so thankful.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2014 11:49 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
You poor thing. I say that with intent as you are all about you all the time.

Construction workers vary.
Some work up to foreman and do very well. Some start their own companies and do well. Some try to do that and entirely mess up. Some try again and it works out. Some are fine with having an actual job.

So you have fantasy sex with a guy who waved and stared at you.

What is it you expect from him?

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2014 10:58 am
@ossobuco,
Are you insulting me? Just to clarify, he didn't wave, nor stare.

I do not have fantasy sex with this guy, I don't understand what you're thinking. I just want to get to know him, converse with him like a normal human being and continue getting to know him. Your thinking is completely off and irrational.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 01:02 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
I'm shocked she can be so insensitive, didn't she just read how upset Chai is over the paper bag situation with Roberta, and his Lordship legs have lost all feeling trying to work up the nerve to say hi to the handsome barman.
0 Replies

davidjohnhall

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2018 12:11 am
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
As a small business owner, you get to determine whether your employees receive paid time off from work or not. If you choose to offer paid vacation and sick days as an employee benefit, you might not know where to start. Knowing the national average vacation time could help you decide. With paid vacation time, your employees receive their regular wages when they aren’t at work. This lets employees spend time with their families, focus on their hobbies, or take a break from work.
laughoutlood

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2018 12:50 am
@davidjohnhall,
Quote:
you might not know where to start.

0 Replies