God will bring to ruin those ruining the earth

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 10:33 am
Revelation 11 verse 18

From a christian perspective, what does this all mean?

note.
This question is intended toward those that are inclined toward the bible, it is not intended to raise a discussion of scriptural validity

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 11:20 am
Yes, Revelation 11:18 is certainly a powerful verse- "The time has come for judging the dead.. and for destroying those who destroy the earth" (Rev 11:18 )

And this verse suggests that without humans the world will be a better place-
"The whole earth is at peace, the trees rejoice at no woodcutter coming" (Isaiah 14:7/8 )

And this prophecy seems to refer to pollution, the ozone hole, radioactivity causing hair loss, and UV exposure-
"And it shall come to pass, that instead of sweet smell there shall be stink; and instead of a girdle a rent; and instead of well set hair baldness; and instead of a stomacher a girding of sackcloth; and burning instead of beauty."(Isaiah 3:24)

So if humans do get wiped out, they'll have brought it on themselves, just look at the mess they're making-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/factory.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/stink.jpg

Chernobyl reactor and the deserted poisoned town-
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/ExIS/4ecc3202.jpg

In the Chernobyl poisoned zone-
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/ExIS/de65638a.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/ExIS/27535a24.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/ExIS/cernobA.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/ExIS/cernobC.jpg
neologist

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 12:18 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Yes. But why should humans be removed if earth is to be given to mankind? (Psalms 115:16)

Once wicked people are removed, Jehovah's purpose will be reality.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 02:04 pm
Quote:
Neologist said: Yes. But why should humans be removed if earth is to be given to mankind? (Psalms 115:16)
Once wicked people are removed, Jehovah's purpose will be reality

To me, Psalm 115:16 seems simple enough, namely that God has given us our squishy bodies and the material earth to live on, that's why we're here now..Smile-
"May you be blessed by the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.
The highest heavens belong to the Lord, but the earth he has given to mankind" (Psalm 115:16)

Then when our bodies die, our souls fly off to a NON-material realm which Jesus called heaven and paradise where we become (in his words) "as angels", or purely spiritual life-forms; call it the final step of human evolution where we transcend from the material to the non-material..Smile
"So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable...it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.. flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God" (1 Cor 15:42-50)

PS- because "heaven" is a non-material place it's impossible for artists to draw it, but this pic gives a basic idea in human terms-
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/heaven-art_zpsa94c1776.jpg~original
neologist

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 02:32 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
In Genesis 1:31, God declared his work "good". What about his good work would he find need to destroy?
neologist

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 02:35 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Your problem is failure to understand there will be humans both in heaven and on earth.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 02:44 pm
@neologist,
God built the material earth as a "proving ground" for humans to live on while we're alive but heaven awaits us when our bodies die IF we've made the grade..Smile
"In the twinkling of an eye the dead shall be raised imperishable and we shall be changed" (1 Cor 15:52)
Jesus said- "At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage, they will be like the angels in heaven" (Matt 22:30)
Smileyrius

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 02:48 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
My friend, If Earth is a proving ground, and each one is judged at his death, then what is Armageddon?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 02:56 pm
Quote:
Neologist huffed: @RF- Your problem is failure to understand there will be humans both in heaven and on earth

Only according to your oddball Jehovah's Witness beliefs!
As for "failure to understand", it's YOU who've already admitted you're still unsure of yourself despite all your 45 years in the JW's ..Wink
"I can say truly that JWs are most certainly not perfect" (Neologist 18 Aug 2006)
"I'm no genius..One of my main reasons for posting here is to sharpen my understanding" (Neologist, 21 Sep 013)
"When I'm wrong, I fess up to it" (Neologist, 21 Sep 013)

By contrast, I'm NEVER wrong!
Hey fans, fall in line behind me (I'm PoorOldSpike) and we'll swagger through the pearlies together..Smile
"..as a Christian, thank God you bear that name....that you may stand firm in all the will of God, mature and fully assured" (1 Peter 4:16, Col 4:12)

0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 03:08 pm
Quote:
Smileyrius said: @RF- My friend, If Earth is a proving ground, and each one is judged at his death, then what is Armageddon?

Armageddon is just a symbolic way of saying "end of the world", for example it might be a clash of unseen spiritual forces, or it might be a nuclear exchange between Israel and Muslim nations that triggers WW3-
In 2003 Israeli military historian Martin van Creveld, was quoted as saying-
"We possess several hundred atomic warheads and rockets and can launch them at targets in all directions, perhaps even at Rome. Most European capitals are targets for our air force. Let me quote General Moshe Dayan: 'Israel must be like a mad dog, too dangerous to bother'. We have the capability to take the world down with us. And I can assure you that that will happen before Israel goes under"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samson_Option
gungasnake

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 03:14 pm
Revelations was included in the Bible on some sort of a 5/4 vote. If I'd been there I'd have voted against it. Far as I'm concerned, the guy just sat there in some stupid cave until he started to hallucinate.
gungasnake

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 03:17 pm
@Smileyrius,
Quote:
From a christian perspective, what does this all mean?

The main way you ruin the Earth is by starting with ruining the world's economies. The statement probably means that God hates Gaea worshipers.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 03:17 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
So you're saying you never read the book of Revelation
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 03:21 pm
@gungasnake,
So you're saying 2Timothy 3:16 means nothing to you. That's one place you share with Romeo
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 03:56 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Psalms 104 verse 5 says Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever.

Perhaps the author is wrong and you are right? for you are never wrong, right?
0 Replies

Calamity Dal

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 06:45 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
So you are saying your god tests his subjects with pain and suffering? If they fail they suffer eternal pain and suffering? If not they get to go to some great place to look down on the ones they love continuing to struggle in pain and suffering.

How the hell do you reconcile this a loving god?

So when a baby dies do they go to heaven or hell? a newborn has done no good to warrant a pass to your heaven, so either they get a freebie or they are stiffed with hell.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 07:10 pm
Quote:
Neologist said: @RF- So you're saying you never read the book of Revelation

No mate, YOU'RE saying that, so you're coming pretty close to doing false witness..Wink

Quote:
Neologist said: @Gungasnake-So you're saying 2Timothy 3:16 means nothing to you. That's one place you share with Romeo

Here's 2 Tim 3:16- "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness".
Yes, that's why I'm using scripture to try to make you see you're wasting your time with the JW's..Smile
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 07:30 pm
Quote:
Smileyrius said: Psalms 104 verse 5 says Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever.
Perhaps the author is wrong and you are right? for you are never wrong, right?

The Psalms were written in Old Testament times but when Jesus arrived he gave us a New Testament (the clue is in the name) and brought new knowledge, describing the end of the world thus in Mark 13-
"Darkened sun and moon, falling stars, shaken planets..those will be days of distress unequaled from the beginning until now, and never to be equaled again"
He goes on to say that he'll then arrive to whisk all true christians off the battered planet-
"Then they will see the Son of Man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. And then He will send His angels, and gather together His elect from the four winds, from the farthest part of earth to the farthest part of heaven" (Mark 13:26)
But if people want to stay behind I'm sure he won't force them to come with him..Wink
Calamity Dal

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 07:42 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I was hoping you'd address my point. I am not being pedantic, I really want to know your thoughts.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 07:49 pm
Quote:
Calamity said: @RF- So you are saying your god tests his subjects with pain and suffering? If they fail they suffer eternal pain and suffering? If not they get to go to some great place to look down on the ones they love continuing to struggle in pain and suffering.
How the hell do you reconcile this a loving god?
So when a baby dies do they go to heaven or hell? a newborn has done no good to warrant a pass to your heaven, so either they get a freebie or they are stiffed with hell.

Yup, pain and suffering is the name of the game and it sorts the men from the boys-
"All creation groans in pain from the beginning til now" (Rom 8:22)
"We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God" (Acts 14:22)
"God didn't spare his own son" (Rom 8:32)
"We share in Jesus's sufferings in order to share in his glory" (Rom 8:17)
"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life.." (James 1:12)

"Take the pain, TAKE THE PAIN!"
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Barnes.jpg

Christians know how to roll with the punches life throws at them.
But apart from all that, the only sure-fire way of going to hell is to reject Jesus. He was a nice guy so who in their right mind would want to reject him anyway? They certainly can't go to heaven or it'd be a case of "oops there goes the neighbourhood!"

Incidentally when we die we go into "suspended animation", we don't go straight to heaven or hell-
"Don't grieve for those asleep,for they sleep in Jesus" (1 Thess 4:13/14) , then on judgement day EVERYBODY gets a wake up call (including atheists) and they better hope they make the grade-
Jesus said:- "All in the graves shall come out,to resurrection or damnation" (John 5:28/29)

As for babies who die (like my cot-death nephew), they're born pure and innocent so they've got nothing to worry about..Smile