God will bring to ruin those ruining the earth

neologist

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 05:56 pm
@Setanta,
I appreciate your input. Rarely am I forced to think as much as when I respond to your posts. But I think you need a shot of coffee.
Setanta wrote:
. . . Who is god speaking to when he says "we?" Don't tell me it's angels or any of the other goofy stories you've used in the past, because the text doesn't say that.
Could have been these guys referenced in Job 38: 7. When the morning stars joyfully cried out together,And all the sons of God began shouting in applause.. Then again, it could have been the one speaking in Proverbs 8:22 The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.
Setanta wrote:
Based on what we have from you so far, for which you have not provided scriptural authority, the earth belongs to Satan,
Revelation 12: 9 + see above
Setanta wrote:
and god either cannot or will not interfere to assure justice. In the former case your god is not the omnipotent being you claim; in the latter case, he is morally deficient.
Perhaps God can employ you as an advisor.
Setanta wrote:
Either way, there is no good reason to assume that your god either can or will "bring ruin to those ruining the earth."
I suppose one would have to look into it more deeply.
Setanta wrote:
As a side note, that phrase, "bring ruin to those ruiing the earth" is appallingly ambiguous. There is a complete lack of the definition of terms.
Well, some translations read "destroy them which destroy the earth". Would that help?
0 Replies

Calamity Dal

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 07:27 pm
@neologist,
And to think I had Romeo down as the mickey mouse christian
neologist

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 07:59 pm
@Calamity Dal,
Calamity Dal wrote:
touche, but it looks like god stopped creating a long time ago, whats your reasoning on the seventh not being over?
After each of the first 6 days, God declared his work to be good.
Genesis 2:4 lumps the first six days into one.
Day seven never receives the declaration of 'good'
Seventh day is considered a day of rest. Indeed, Jehovah has rested from his creative works at this time.

BTW, the creative days are of indefinite length, allowing eons for God's work to take place.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 07:59 pm
@Calamity Dal,
I have all the cheese
wmwcjr

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 11:13 pm
@neologist,
http://walgood.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/cute-mouse-pictures.jpg

"Ya know, you really should share with others!"
neologist

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 11:58 pm
@wmwcjr,
OH! So you told Roger, eh?
wmwcjr

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 12:35 am
@neologist,
http://www.gravatar.com/avatar/763a9846eadf8209d6932e10d1fcdd85?r=R&d=identicon&s=40

What do you think?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2014 10:38 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
I've been wondering about your constant use of the words 'we holy men'.
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
We holy men don't do "humble" mate..
I find the New American Standard version of Ecclesiastes 7:16 interesting
Quote:
Do not be excessively righteous and do not be overly wise. Why should you ruin yourself?
Paul restated that in Romans 12:3
Quote:
For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2014 11:31 am
@neologist,
We holy men see ourselves as standing apart from the world, and as the word 'holy' can also mean 'apart', I'm certainly holy in that respect..Smile
For example I never married or had kids because I never wanted to be a family man, (my last--ahem--'encounter' with a woman was 12 years ago), I've never smoked, drank or drugged, I never held a steady job (they all bored me) and I often went for literally years between jobs.
And although I'm a writer for the non-denominational Christian Waymarkers UK, I never joined any organised religion because I don't need anybody to do my thinking for me.
Far too many "Christians" are timid, lukewarm and unsure of themselves, but I'm just the opposite, it shows in my super-confident arrogant swagger (below) and I wouldn't have it any other way..Smile

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power" (2 Tim 1:7)
"..that you may stand firm in all the will of God, mature and fully assured" (Col 4:12)

neologist

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2014 12:32 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
.. . . And although I'm a writer for the non-denominational Christian Waymarkers UK, I never joined any organised religion because I don't need anybody to do my thinking for me. . . .
I Googled Waymarkers and found this gem:
http://www.armageddononline.org/forums/threads/32214-Waymarker-strolls-out?s=311114d886f986c8851d09dc36bf208b
Quote:
Waymarker strolls out

I'm also known as POS (PoorOldSpike the PC wargame champion).
As a Christian, I want you people to be like me, and present this vid as a tutorial to learn from-

Notice the kool, calm, arrogant insolent swagger and body language, fully backed up by my sensational past, eg- expelled from school, Twice Taken by aliens during solo camping trips, got 3 months jail on a vigilante rap, psychically attacked by a crop circle entity, had a succubus (female demon) get in bed with me, scored 'Outstanding' in an ESP card-guessing test with a score of 156 to 1 against chance..

Yeah, i'm one kewl dood, i wonder who'll play me when they do a film of my life, Bruce Willis, Al Pacino, Clint Eastwood, Van Damme?..

"..as a Christian, praise God you bear that name" (1 Peter 4:16)
{above YouTube Video included}
(Emphasis mine)
Do you see any cause for uncertainty here, RF?
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2014 02:26 pm
@neologist,
What uncertainty mate? What you trying to say?
If you're trying to audition for the part of The Riddler in the next Batman movie, you'll have to stand in line behind Frank Apisa..Smile
All I can say is that this verse sums up true Christians-
"..as a Christian, thank God you bear that name....that you may stand firm in all the will of God, mature and fully assured" (1 Peter 4:16, Col 4:12)

Yet despite you being in the JW's for 40 years you still admit-
"I can say truly that JWs are most certainly not perfect" (Neologist 18 Aug 2006)
"I'm no genius..One of my main reasons for posting here is to sharpen my understanding" (Neologist 21 Sep 013)
"When I'm wrong, I fess up to it" (Neologist 21 Sep 013)

No offence mate, but how much longer are you going to be on the learning curve?
I came to the end of it years ago, that's why one of my names in other forums is 'Waymarker' because I lead, others follow..Smile
neologist

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2014 06:10 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
. . . . I lead, others follow..Smile
I find it ludicrous to consider following one who has been abducted by aliens, attacked by a crop circle, raped by a succubus, and has the audacity to claim leadership.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2014 08:12 pm
Quote:
Neologist said about me: I find it ludicrous to consider following one who has been abducted by aliens, attacked by a crop circle, raped by a succubus, and has the audacity to claim leadership.

Pot kettle!!!
You Jehovah's Witnesses think Christmas, Easter, birthdays, church spires, crosses and transfusions are evil, and you think Jesus was crucified on a stake, so as candidates for straitjackets we're running neck and neck..Smile
Anyway as i've said before, i've got truckloads of fan mail from my adoring followers and have also got a shrinks written report stating I'm sane, have you?..Wink

PS- as for aliens, crop circle elementals and succubi, they may simply be forms of demons, or don't you believe in demons?
neologist

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2014 10:17 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
....Anyway as i've said before, i've got truckloads of fan mail from my adoring followers and have also got a shrinks written report stating I'm sane, have you?..Wink
I've never felt the need for a shrink wrap. But, I will say that working as a street vendor is a quirky business. It requires skin with a thick layer of confidence. When I tried to hire some of my out of work friends, they looked at me as if I had just asked them to eat a bug. So, maybe I am a nut.

Wait! Are you the guy who bought that alien abduction avoider I was selling in Tacoma back in August '04? Best $60 you ever spent. Works on succubi and incubi, also.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 03:06 pm
Quote:
Neologist asked me: Are you the guy who bought that alien abduction avoider I was selling in Tacoma back in August '04? Best $60 you ever spent. Works on succubi and incubi, also.

Not me mate because we UFO-hunters/ paranormal investigators regard abduction and demonic attack as being all part of the game and we can hack it..Smile
0 Replies

MWal

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 03:55 pm
Destruction is the enemy of creation. We just need to love, when love exist hate is non existent. No destruction of any kind is seen by Love.
0 Replies

kiuku

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 04:46 pm
@Smileyrius,
That's the plan according to the bible that God lets Satan (and humans) try for some time and then there is Armaggedon, obviously, after which is the reign of Lord Jesus. God's not evil, that's why. If God let humans reign themselves in agony then He would be evil.

I would make a point from not an altogether different perspective, but just that humans aren't outside of nature though; something is ruining humans as well as nature; the intent and the will, is through everything, and then on top of which it already is though, insects are horrible, insects are growing, and they are eating infrastructure. It's awful already.
0 Replies

kiuku

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 06:52 pm
prepare to realize that the insects are kept out of rich upperclass areas though, obviously with a frequency ...I don't think they could spray that much..

honestly there are so many biting insects it's horrible, but they are kept out of wealthy areas.
0 Replies