5
   

God will bring to ruin those ruining the earth

 
 
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 08:27 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I wrote:
So you're saying you never read the book of Revelation
Romeo wrote:
No mate, YOU'RE saying that, so you're coming pretty close to doing false witness..Wink
Really!!? Did I not see you write that Revalation means "the end of the world"? That means you missed the parts about the survivors. (Revelation 7:9, 21:3)

BTW, you realize John wrote Revelation before his gospel and his epistles, right?

Why would God destroy those harming the earth if he himself planned to destroy it? You need to grow in your understanding, sir.
0 Replies
 
Romeo Fabulini
 
  1  
Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 09:07 pm
Quote:
Neologist said: @RF- Did I not see you write that Revalation means "the end of the world"? That means you missed the parts about the survivors. (Revelation 7:9, 21:3)
BTW, you realize John wrote Revelation before his gospel and his epistles, right? Why would God destroy those harming the earth if he himself planned to destroy it? You need to grow in your understanding, sir

You're definitely on the ropes mate by having to now resort to claiming I said such-and-such a thing whereas in fact I never said it at all!
Take care...false witness...the naughty stool..Wink
As for destroying the earth, mankind is destroying it himself, and Rev warns that we ain't seen nothing yet once the tipping point of pollution (including spiritual pollution) is reached and passed. Jesus gave us a clean "sin" slate by his sacrifice on the cross, but the filth has been building up again ever since.
The clock is ticking..

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub3/clock-pz.gif
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 09:23 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Sorry.
What were we to infer from this post?
http://able2know.org/topic/229807-1#post-5531725




0 Replies
 
Calamity Dal
 
  2  
Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 10:26 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
This makes no sense, a baby that dies dies pure and gets a free pass into heaven. If that baby does not need to be tested why does anyone need to be? by your logic, any loving parent should smother babies at birth, after all why let them suffer at the hands of the world your god put together.

You are not only saying that your god condones a world full of mass murder, wars, famines, disease, sexual abuse and rape, but he set the world up to be this way.

I ask again, how do you reconcile this theory with a loving god?
0 Replies
 
Romeo Fabulini
 
  1  
Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 10:38 am
Quote:
Calamity said: You are not only saying that your god condones a world full of mass murder, wars, famines, disease, sexual abuse and rape, but he set the world up to be this way.
I ask again, how do you reconcile this theory with a loving god?

God doesn't do mass murder, wars, famines, disease, sexual abuse and rape, PEOPLE do!
And since Jehovah's Witness Neologist is still throwing punches at me, I'll hit back by saying that JW's let themselves and their kids die rather than have a blood transfusion-
"I would answer yes to refusing a blood transfusion for myself or any of my dependents" (Neologist Aug 16 2006)
Calamity Dal
 
  2  
Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 11:08 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
by your logic JWs are merely giving their children a free pass into heaven. Shouldn't you be applauding them?

If I put a kid in a tank of piranhas and that kid gets torn to shreds, it isn't my fault is it? I even tried to train the piranhas to be vegetarian.

Your god created a world to test humankind to its very limits. EVERY THING that happens in that world to his people would be on him. mass murder, wars, famines, disease, sexual abuse and rape

Regardless of what people do, your version of your god made it so
0 Replies
 
Romeo Fabulini
 
  1  
Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 11:21 am
Quote:
Calamity said: by your logic JWs are merely giving their children a free pass into heaven. Shouldn't you be applauding them?
If I put a kid in a tank of piranhas and that kid gets torn to shreds, it isn't my fault is it?...Regardless of what people do, your version of your god made it so

Not at all..Smile
God gave humans FREE WILL to do just as they please. You can let your kids die without a transfusion or throw them to piranhas if you like, but I don't think he'd be very pleased..Wink
Calamity Dal
 
  2  
Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 12:05 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
so your god shrugs and says, whatever happens to them down there, it is not my fault?
You yourself said your god created this earth to test us, are you saying it got out of hand? by your explanation, he has condoned EVERY action by mankind in order to put us to the test. You even used scriptures to state that he knew it would be this way.
Quote:
You can let your kids die without a transfusion or throw them to piranhas if you like, but I don't think he'd be very pleased

and yet your god allows far more and worse happen to his children every day. Your version of your god expects more from his followers than he does of himself.
neologist
 
  2  
Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 12:12 pm
@Calamity Dal,
Take comfort in that Romeo does not set standards for God.
0 Replies
 
Chumly
 
  2  
Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 12:56 pm
@Calamity Dal,
Calamity Dal wrote:
So when a baby dies do they go to heaven or hell?
When a baby dies it goes to hell because of original sin, as there can be no redemption from original sin without free will and a baby has no free will. Unless the baby is an alien or an angel as per:
Quote:
Original sin and extraterrestrials.

That unfallen beings may exist on other planets was explored by C. S. Lewis in his 1938 science fiction novel Out of the Silent Planet and especially in its 1943 sequel Perelandra.

In a 2008 interview entitled "Aliens Are My Brother", granted to L'Osservatore Romano, the Vatican newspaper, Father José Gabriel Funes, director of the Vatican Observatory, stated: "In my opinion this possibility (of life on other planets) exists"; "intelligent beings, created by God may exist in outer space" and "some aliens could even be free from original sin" concluding "there could be (other beings) who remained in full friendship with their creator".

On 5 March 2009, Jesuit Brother Guy Consolmagno, another astronomer working at the Vatican Observatory, told the BBC, in relation to the search for Earth-like worlds about to be embarked upon by the Kepler Space telescope, that "we Jesuits are actively involved in the search for Earth-like planets. The idea that there could be other intelligent creatures made by God in a relationship with God is not contrary to traditional Judeo-Christian thought. The Bible has many references to, or descriptions of, non-human intelligent beings; after all, that's what angels are. Our cousins on other planets may even have their own salvation story – including other examples of the incarnation of the second person of the Trinity. We are open to whatever the Universe has for us."

With regard to the attribution to "the Vatican" of similar statements by individuals working for the Holy See, official spokesman Father Federico Lombardi, also a Jesuit, published on 21 February 2009 a declaration that they must not be mistaken for statements of the Holy See— they are only statements of this individual Jesuit priest.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Original_sin#Original_sin_and_extraterrestrials
Calamity Dal
 
  2  
Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 03:05 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
It is arguments like yours that made me leave the church, or more accurately asked to leave for asking questions and not accepting stupid answers (I may have a temper problem). You cannot teach that this earth is a testing ground AND that your god is a loving god. You might be satisfied with your answers, but I am not that gullible.
0 Replies
 
Romeo Fabulini
 
  1  
Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 03:06 pm
Quote:
Chumly said: When a baby dies it goes to hell because of original sin, as there can be no redemption from original sin without free will and a baby has no free will.

But what sin has a baby committed to make God want to send it to hell?
Romeo Fabulini
 
  -1  
Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 03:28 pm
Quote:
Calamity said: It is arguments like yours that made me leave the church, or more accurately asked to leave for asking questions and not accepting stupid answers (I may have a temper problem). You cannot teach that this earth is a testing ground AND that your god is a loving god

Think of God as drill Sgt Hartman mate, he wants only the BEST recruits for his Marine Corps, so he pushes them to their limits to find the toughest..Smile
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub4/Ermey.gif


As for you refusing to take **** from your church, GOOD, you're the sort Christianity wants, you don't take krap from anybody and neither did JC-
Jesus said to the snooty priests- "You're full of ****! (Matt 23:27)
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Jesus-v-snoots.gif~original
(“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look good on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean" Matt 23:27)


And Jesus's young cousin John used to go in town to yell insults at the corrupt rulers.
Jesus said-"John is the greatest man ever to be born" (Matt 11:11)
John v Herod and Salome
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/johnvHerodC_zpsf997ccff.gif~original



Jesus said:- "The world wants you to dance to its tune" (Matt 11:16)
but true Christians are daredevils and refuse to dance..Smile

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/1493/ebkq.jpg
Smileyrius
 
  2  
Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 04:33 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
my friend, the marine corps try every soldier by the same method. Would you say that the earth we live in is a level playing field? If the test is 1000% harder for one than the other, Id say Gods justice would be in question.

What I appreciate is that you acknowledge that God has standards. It puts you in a better category of christian. Tell me my friend, what do you think God will be measuring us against?
0 Replies
 
Chumly
 
  2  
Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 05:04 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Quote:
Chumly said: When a baby dies it goes to hell because of original sin, as there can be no redemption from original sin without free will and a baby has no free will.
But what sin has a baby committed to make God want to send it to hell?
Ah yes, the classic fallacy of presupposition / loaded question. I did not say the baby in question committed a sin, however your question presupposes such a condition.
0 Replies
 
Romeo Fabulini
 
  1  
Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 05:49 pm
Quote:
Smileyrius said: @RF- Would you say that the earth we live in is a level playing field? If the test is 1000% harder for one than the other, Id say Gods justice would be in question.
What I appreciate is that you acknowledge that God has standards. It puts you in a better category of christian. Tell me my friend, what do you think God will be measuring us against?

The playing field is level and there's ONE measuring test and ONE test only-
Jesus said - "THE work God requires is to believe in the one he has sent" (John 6:28 )
so if we accept (or at least "like") Jesus, we've got a good chance of measuuring up. Reject him and we flunk bigtime.
I mean, Jesus was a nice guy so who the hell wouldn't want to like him anyway?
Romeo Fabulini
 
  1  
Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 05:53 pm
Quote:
Chumly said: When a baby dies it goes to hell because of original sin.
Romeo replied: But what sin has a baby committed to make God want to send it to hell?
Chumly came back with: Ah yes, the classic fallacy of presupposition / loaded question. I did not say the baby in question committed a sin, however your question presupposes such a condition.

I ask you again mate- what makes you think that God sends babies to hell?
Chumly
 
  2  
Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 06:18 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Chumly said: When a baby dies it goes to hell because of original sin.
Romeo replied: But what sin has a baby committed to make God want to send it to hell?
Chumly came back with: Ah yes, the classic fallacy of presupposition / loaded question. I did not say the baby in question committed a sin, however your question presupposes such a condition.

I ask you again mate- what makes you think that God sends babies to hell?
You now run afoul of the hasty generalization fallacy, and as such I direct you to post number Post: # 5,532,530 so as to avoid the fallacy of argumentum ad nauseam.
0 Replies
 
Smileyrius
 
  2  
Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 06:27 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I wrote:
What I appreciate is that you acknowledge that God has standards. It puts you in a better category of christian


I take it back.
Calamity Dal
 
  2  
Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 06:58 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Your Jesus seemed to think quite differently according to Matthew 7.

Quote:
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.


Your book of James also says
Quote:
But prove yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves.

0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
Copyright © 2023 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 01/28/2023 at 01:21:35