God will bring to ruin those ruining the earth

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 03:25 pm
Quote:
Neologist said re the whole bible: @RF- I kind of think its all important. else why would God have commissioned it?
No wonder you don't really understand it

I've told you before mate, stop leaving yourself wide open to sucker punches, here comes another devastating flurry..Smile
1- If the Old T is all we need, why did God have to send Jesus to give us the New T?
2- Even though you've been in the JW's 45-odd years, you STILL admit you sometimes know jack-
"I can say truly that JWs are most certainly not perfect" (Neologist 18 Aug 2006)
"I'm no genius..One of my main reasons for posting here is to sharpen my understanding" (Neologist 21 Sep 013)
"When I'm wrong, I fess up to it" (Neologist 21 Sep 013)

maporsche

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 05:26 pm
If only you were as humble as your god.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 10:08 pm
Quote:
Maporsche said: If only you were as humble as your god

We holy men don't do "humble" mate..Smile
"The Lord made my mouth a sharp sword, an arrow in his quiver" (Isaiah 49:1/2)
"For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear"(Romans 8:15)
"The word of God is alive, powerful,and sharper than a sword" (Heb 4:12)
"I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel as I should" (Eph 6:19/20)
"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power" (2 Tim 1:7)
"Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power" (Eph 6:10)

and God doesn't do "humble either-
"Lord, pour out thy fury upon the heathen that have not known thee, and upon the kingdoms that have not called upon thy name" (Psalm 79:6)
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/fury.gif
neologist

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 11:02 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
So, . . . the meek shall inherit the earth. That's a bad thing, eh?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 11:09 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
. . . here comes another devastating flurry..Smile
1- If the Old T is all we need, why did God have to send Jesus to give us the New T?
When did I say the Hebrew scriptures were all we needed?

Truly a devastating flurry of you playing fast and sleazy with the truth.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 11:19 pm
Quote:
Neologist swung with: So, . . . the meek shall inherit the earth. That's a bad thing, eh?

Wishy-washy wimps are not the sort God wants..Wink
God says -"So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Revelation 3:16)
Jesus wasn't meek when he overturned the tradesmen's stalls, and his right-hand man Peter wasn't meek when he whacked off a flunky's ear with his sword.

The moral is that 'meek' in the biblical context means 'cool, laidback, unflappable, goodnatured', UNTIL you have to make a stand against injustice.
In that sense, Christians are like the Terminator, they're soft squishy flesh on the outside but have an indestructible titanium skeleton on the inside..Smile
Right Arnie?

"Yah, you betta believe it!"
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/arnie-shotgun.jpg~original
neologist

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 11:32 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
And, yet, Moses was the meekest man on the earth (Numbers 12:3)
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 11:40 pm
Quote:
Neologist said: And, yet, Moses was the meekest man on the earth (Numbers 12:3)

Oh yeah?
"One day, after Moses had grown up, he went out to where his own people were and watched them at their hard labor. He saw an Egyptian beating a Hebrew, one of his own people. Glancing this way and that and seeing no one, he KILLED the Egyptian and hid him in the sand" (Exodus 2:11)

So Moses may well have been a kool laidback dood most of the time, but his inner titanium frame showed itself when the circumstances called for it..Wink
neologist

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 11:57 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
The meek he will guide in judgment: and the meek he will teach his way. (Psalms 25:9)

Looks like meek also means teachable. That's a tough one for you, eh? being never wrong as you are.
0 Replies

Calamity Dal

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2013 03:58 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
It may be your lack of interest in certain portions of the bible, but you do not know your god sir. Whoever taught you has some splainin to do. I'd have to ask, who is writing the notes in your gospel index?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2013 02:42 pm
Quote:
Neologist said: @RF- The meek he will guide in judgment: and the meek he will teach his way. (Psalms 25:9)
Looks like meek also means teachable. That's a tough one for you, eh? being never wrong as you are.

Calamity said: @RF- It may be your lack of interest in certain portions of the bible, but you do not know your god sir. Whoever taught you has some splainin to do..

Jesus said- "You have one teacher, me" (Matt 23:10)
so he's my main man, or do you know anybody better?
And hey Neo, you're over 70 years old so can i ask when do you think you're ever going to stop learning? Are the gospels difficult for you to grasp or what?..Wink
neologist

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2013 07:07 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
And hey Neo, you're over 70 years old so can i ask when do you think you're ever going to stop learning? Are the gospels difficult for you to grasp or what?.
I hope I never stop learning. That's why I feel sorry for you.
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2013 07:51 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
From the gospel, "I tell you the truth, unless you turn around and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven!
Whoever then humbles himself like this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. - Matthew 18:3&4

Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall. - 1Corinthians 10:12

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall. - Proverbs 16:18

We have some very different ideas on Gods ways and will, however I do see you are in your own way attempting to grasp at truth. I offer you a friendly warning echoing the words of king solomon. Be very careful not to be so sure of yourself. A haughty eye is prone to a weighty fall.
Calamity Dal

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2013 07:56 pm
@Smileyrius,
@ Romeo If we are going to quote Solomon, lets not be forgetting this one,

Proverbs 18
1 One who isolates himself pursues selfish desires;
he rebels against all sound judgment.
2 A fool does not delight in understanding,
but only wants to show off his opinions
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2013 08:09 pm
Quote:
Neologist said:@RF- I hope I never stop learning. That's why I feel sorry for you.

I was like you once mate, but then one day I realised there was nothing else to learn, I'd reached the end of the path and people were coming to learn from ME..Smile
You seem to think you're on a never-ending path, in which case it'll never end for you will it?
Beats me what you find so difficult about Jesus's message, ordinary people took it on board easily enough..Wink

"And the common people heard him gladly" (Mark 12 :37)
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2013 08:28 pm
Quote:
Smileyrius said: @RF- I do see you are in your own way attempting to grasp at truth.
Proverbs 18- "One who isolates himself pursues selfish desires;
he rebels against all sound judgment.
A fool does not delight in understanding,
but only wants to show off his opinions"

1- I'm not 'attempting' to grasp the truth mate, I've already grasped it..Smile
2- Alexander Selkirk (the real-life Robinson Crusoe) said he "found God" in his isolation with the help of a bible which he took ashore on his island.
Likewise monks and nuns shut themselves away in isolated monasteries and convents for the same purpose.
My 'island' and 'monastery' is my flat ha ha..Smile

Incidentally I don't go to church or belong to any organised religion or cult, there must be some good churches around somewhere but the only ones i've looked at so far have been full of crackpots so I obey these instructions and give them a wide berth-
"Bad company corrupts good character" (1 Cor 15:33)
"He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm" (Provs 13:20)
"If you hang around with losers you become a loser"- Donald Trump

and as i've said before, NONE of us know whether we qualify to be called a christian in God's eyes, all we can do is give it our best shot and do it our way without following the herd..Smile
"Work out your own salvation" (Philip 2:12 KJV)

neologist

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2013 08:56 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
So, how do you obey Jesus' command to make disciples at Matthew 28: 19,20?
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2013 04:58 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
you appear to have no interest in the scriptures I shared. Keep reading Proverbs, it is a good sharpening tool, and could prove a good pill. Your scriptures about choosing your associations are good and wise, Every man should heed them.

Here is some food for thought. ONE measuring test and ONE test only
Quote:
so if we accept (or at least "like") Jesus, we've got a good chance of measuuring up

yet Jesus said
Quote:
Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.
But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it

If you follow the Nation of Israel through their exploits from Egypt through to the fall of Jerusalem, you will learn a lot about God's personality, what he expects and what hurts him. He is not a god without standards.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2013 10:00 pm
Quote:
Neologist said: @RF- So, how do you obey Jesus' command to make disciples at Matthew 28: 19,20?

The word "disciple" means 'follower' and Jesus was simply telling his own disciples to go out and recruit more followers.
You JW's try to do it by knocking on peoples doors.

I chat to people all over the world in internet forums and although I don't deliberately try to make anybody a follower, the feedback I get from them indicates i must be doing something right, for example-
Spannerose - "Mick, I would like you to know that the result of reading your posts I am left with the desire to pick up my bible for the first time in years"

PS- As for monks and nuns who shut themselves away from the world, that's simply because they want to concentrate on their OWN spiritual welfare, nothing wrong with that..Smile
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2013 10:05 pm
Quote:
Smileyrius said: @RF- you appear to have no interest in the scriptures I shared

I thought I answered them pretty good in my reply a few posts ago (the one with the 'My Way' video in it), perhaps you missed it?