God will bring to ruin those ruining the earth

Smileyrius

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2013 12:38 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
you accredited me with Calamity's post, I shared a few thoughts on being too sure of ones self
0 Replies

Calamity Dal

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2013 04:21 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
Think of God as drill Sgt Hartman mate, he wants only the BEST recruits for his Marine Corps, so he pushes them to their limits to find the toughest

You are teaching with your reasoning that your god created the earth to ensure that his people suffered by way of a test. A woman is raped and abused? no worries, it is all a part of gods plan. A child is born deformed, and goes on to suffer, splutter and die young? god did it to test him. Your god by your logic is in full control of what happens on this earth, yet condones every action as a test to ensure that no wimps make his grade.

If your version of your god exists, I'd forgive him for being pissed at how warped you make him sound.
neologist

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2013 10:31 am
@Calamity Dal,
I am relieved to be aware that Jehovah is nothing like Romeo's perception of him.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2013 12:13 pm
Quote:
Calamity said: @RF- You are teaching with your reasoning that your god created the earth to ensure that his people suffered by way of a test.... Your god by your logic is in full control of what happens on this earth...

God has given humans total and absolute FREE WILL to do just as they please, so if they choose to do nasty things it's nothing to do with him, and they fail the test.
So Judgement Day is the day God throws out the human trash, seems a fair enough arrangement to me.
I mean, if murderers, rapists, peedos, perverts, thieves, con men, terrorists etc were let into heaven it'd be a case of "oops there goes the neighbourhood", and it ain't never gonna happen..Smile
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2013 12:34 pm
Quote:
Neologist said: I am relieved to be aware that Jehovah is nothing like Romeo's perception of him.

If by 'Jehovah' you mean God, don't make the mistake of thinking he's a soft touch simply because he gave humans FREE WILL to do as they please then went to sit on the sidelines to watch how we do!
For example if he revealed himself, atheists would say "We were wrong, there IS a God", that's why he prefers to stay in stealth mode to test them..Smile
"Am I only a nearby God? Can you hide? I fill heaven and earth" (Jeremiah 23:23/4)

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/god-frown_zps484900b8.jpg~original
Calamity Dal

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2013 03:48 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Well I hope he has his popcorn, cause for your gods entertainment there is a hell of a lot of suffering going on. You used scripture to show that he knew it would be this way, you also used scripture to show that he doesn't have a single care for the ones that fall, rather your god wants
Quote:
only the BEST

Mick wrote:
The playing field is level and there's ONE measuring test and ONE test only-
Jesus said - "THE work God requires is to believe in the one he has sent" (John 6:28 )
so if we accept (or at least "like") Jesus, we've got a good chance of measuuring up. Reject him and we flunk bigtime.
I mean, Jesus was a nice guy so who the hell wouldn't want to like him anyway?

This "ONE TEST ONLY" allows for all sorts of
Quote:
murderers, rapists, peedos, perverts, thieves, con men, terrorists etc
to enter heaven. As long as they are religious
Quote:
murderers, rapists, peedos, perverts, thieves, con men, terrorists etc

You then go on to say that Armageddon is the end of the world, so what, heaven is full or he only wants to make this batch of human suffer? You're talking nonsense Mick. You can quote me on that next time you cut/paste your hate mail.

You have quite a distaste for Neologist which amuses me, you have spent the last few days throwing petty ill informed swipes at the tabloid version of his beliefs, all the while the way you tell it, your version of your god sounds remarkably similar to my version of the devil. I disagree with his clan on a number of subjects, however I know this much. If I had to choose between a heaven full of christians like you, or an earth full of his lot, Id happily take my chances with them thanks. Your heaven would be hell.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2013 07:24 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Yes, but Jehovah places only the alternative of life and death before men.
If a Satanic barbecue were in store, he would have warned Adam and Eve. While it is true that some will enter heaven, the vast majority of mankind looks forward to life on earth.
(Psalm 115:16) . . .As regards the heavens, to Jehovah the heavens belong, But the earth he has given to the sons of men.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2013 07:36 pm
Quote:
Calamity said: You have quite a distaste for Neologist which amuses me

Nah, it's just his JW beliefs that I have a distaste for!
Anyway he's not all sweetness and light, look at some of the "distasteful" things he's said about moi..Smile-

ignorant (21 Sept 2013)
possibly malicious (22 Sep 2013)
Fable Spinner (24 Sep 2013)
your drivel (24 Sep 2013)
your desire to deceive (11 Nov2013)
a racist (25 Dec 2013)
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2013 07:46 pm
Quote:
Calamity said: for your gods entertainment there is a hell of a lot of suffering going on...
This "ONE TEST ONLY" allows for all sorts of murderers, rapists, peedos, perverts, thieves, con men, terrorists etc to enter heaven. As long as they are religious

1- Satan can be a bit of a rotter you know, so why blame God?
Jesus said "Satan has bound this crippled woman for eighteen years" (Luke 13:16), then he cured her..Smile

2- I don't know of any religious murderers etc.
But if they TRULY repent before they die, they've got a good chance of making it through the pearlies.
For example the crook dying on the cross next to Jesus said-"Jesus remember me" , and Jesus replied "Today you'll be with me in paradise" (Luke 23:41)..Smile
Calamity Dal

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2014 04:26 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
why blame God?

Blame the devil? you may not belong to a church, but you have garnished a lot of their stupid answers.

Think it through. Your god creates the heavens and some angels, then decides that he needs somewhere to make his subjects suffer. so he makes the earth, makes humans, which are apparently angels in training, never mind the fact that your god didn't need angels to suffer life as a human before he built the earth, nor will he after your armageddon, not content with allowing man to prove himself amongst man, he sends the devil to really torment them, make sure they really suffer. You don't blame the devil for doing the work he was sent or indeed allowed to do, because your god allowed him to live on for as long as he has knowing he would and has been doing it. If he wasn't sent by your god then he has stood by and allowed everything.
Everything that happens in this earth was set up by your god.
You cannot get away from the fact that in your twisted story this is your gods plan?!

What's more the requirements of your god are so academic and lightweight that your heaven is going to be full of a lot of crap. If there is only one stupid test as you claim, what THE HELL is the point of all the suffering.

IT MAKES NO SENSE. you're taking a thousand piece puzzle, jamming the pieces together as hard as you can to make them fit, you're copying the same crap religions piece together everywhere, making a few alterations to suit you. I'm sorry Mick, but I highly doubt your picture is what was on the box.
0 Replies

Calamity Dal

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2014 07:08 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
For example the crook dying on the cross next to Jesus said-"Jesus remember me" , and Jesus replied "Today you'll be with me in paradise" (Luke 23:41)..

I thought you said the dead didn't go straight to heaven?
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2014 10:31 am
Quote:
Romeo said: For example the crook dying on the cross next to Jesus said-"Jesus remember me" , and Jesus replied "Today you'll be with me in paradise" (Luke 23:41)..
Calamity replied: I thought you said the dead didn't go straight to heaven?

Think "cybersleep" mate, where space travellers in sci-fi films have to sleep in suspended animation pods. They wake up at their destination months or years later and to they have no sense of the great amount of time that's passed.

Likewise after we die, years or centuries may pass in "earth time"-
"Don't grieve for those asleep, for they sleep in Jesus" (1 Thess 4:13/14)

until-
"All in the graves shall come out.."(John 5:28/29)

And we wake up as if no time has passed at all-
"In the twinkling of an eye the dead shall be raised imperishable and we shall be changed" (1 Cor 15:52)
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2014 10:57 am
Quote:
Calamity said:@RF- Think it through. Your god creates the heavens and some angels, then decides that he needs somewhere to make his subjects suffer.....he sends the devil to really torment them....Everything that happens in this earth was set up by your god.
You cannot get away from the fact that in your twisted story this is your gods plan?....IT MAKES NO SENSE. you're taking a thousand piece puzzle, jamming the pieces together as hard as you can to make them fit...

Problem is, there's NO PICTURE on the jigsaw box because it'd be meaningless to our human eyes and brain-
Jesus said- "You hardly believe me when I tell you earthly things,so how would you believe me if I told you heavenly things?" (John 3:12)
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord" (Isaiah 55:8)

So we have to put the pieces together as best we can.
The bottom line is Jesus said "Trust me", so it's our free choice whether to do so or not..Smile
PS- As regards the devil, he/it might be given life by feeding off the bad negative thoughts radiating from human minds, so we therefore bring any disasters upon ourselves, just like the invisible monster in 'Forbidden Planet' that is given life by drawing on the dark thoughts in the subconscious mind of Dr. Morbius-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/forbid-invis_zps18697190.jpg~original
neologist

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2014 11:17 am
@Calamity Dal,
Romeo wrote:
For example the crook dying on the cross next to Jesus said-"Jesus remember me" , and Jesus replied "Today you'll be with me in paradise" (Luke 23:41)..
Calamity Dal wrote:
I thought you said the dead didn't go straight to heaven?
Which is why the New World Translation inserts a comma in Luke 23:43; And he said to him: “Truly I tell you today, you will be with me in Paradise.”
0 Replies

Calamity Dal

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2014 11:21 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
and yet your jesus said today?
neologist

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2014 11:24 am
@Calamity Dal,
Romeo occasionally makes a mistake.
But don't tell him because he is never wrong and could become conflicted.
0 Replies

Calamity Dal

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2014 11:27 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
So what you are saying is that it will never make sense, god is going to look like a real bastard, you will never quite work out how a loving god could allow such suffering, but if you have faith it will all be ok?
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2014 11:36 am
Quote:
Neologist said: the New World Translation inserts a comma in Luke 23:43; And he said to him: “Truly I tell you today, you will be with me in Paradise.”

The NWT is simply the Jehovah's Witness re-write of bible and they decided to move the comma on their own authority to suit themselves.
All the standard Bible versions DON'T move the comma and the verse reads like this-
Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.” (Luke 23:43)

So like I said, Jesus was making it clear that when we die, we find ourselves resurrected the very same day (in spiritual time) "in the blink of an eye", even though our bodies may have lain in the ground or sea or ashes for many years (in earth time)..Smile
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2014 11:36 am
@Calamity Dal,
Now you've done it. Soon Romeo will find an explanation to dazzle us.
neologist

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2014 11:53 am
@neologist,
Oh, what did I just say?

Of course I should point out that the Greek text had no such thing as a comma. So, whether or not to insert one is a matter of clarity.

So how to decide?
The seventh creative day has not yet ended and will not end until Jehovah declares his work to be good. So, the sinner will be resurrected within that day. Also, upon his resurrection, it will appear to him as if no time has passed. But Jesus has already been in Heaven for nearly 2000 years. The sinner is not there. Hence, the comma makes sense.
0 Replies