God will bring to ruin those ruining the earth

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2014 11:54 am
Quote:
Neologist said: Romeo occasionally makes a mistake

If you mean I reject your Jehovah's Witness teachings, that's certainly no mistake..Wink
Speaking of the afterlife, Jesus used the word "Paradise", but never explained exactly what it is or where it is. Artists have tried to put it into a picture like this one to give some idea-
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/heaven-art_zpsa94c1776.jpg~original
neologist

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2014 11:59 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Really! The words we read as Garden of Eden may be transliterated as Paradise of Pleasure.

Oh, sorry. Does the word 'garden' imply something earthly?
0 Replies

Calamity Dal

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2014 06:42 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
Now you've done it. Soon Romeo will find an explanation to dazzle us.

apparently not.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2014 08:24 pm
Quote:
Neologist said: Now you've done it. Soon Romeo will find an explanation to dazzle us.
Calamity replied: apparently not

Didn't that Paradise pic dazzle you? Are you wearing sunglasses?
Anyway the "explanation" of heaven/paradise is quite simple, ask any sunday school child to enlighten you..Smile
Basically, we die, then are resurrected and begin partying in that big disneyworld in the sky..Smile
As Jesus said to his mates at the last supper-
"I tell you, I will not drink wine from now on until that day when I drink it anew with you in my Father's kingdom." (Matt 26:29)

Drat that's me out then, i don't drink (sniffle)
neologist

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 12:12 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Somehow that paradise pic doesn't do it for me like good old earth with my family on a picnic at the shore. After all, there were angels willing to give up their standing with God in order to come here before the flood.
0 Replies

Calamity Dal

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 05:20 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
it looks cold. I hate the cold.
0 Replies

Calamity Dal

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 05:23 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
I am looking for reasonable answers to the questions I have asked. You have given no more than the churches I left behind. Cheers boyo for your efforts, but I cannot reconcile your version of christianity with a loving god.

Time to move on.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 10:56 am
Quote:
Calamity said: @RF- I cannot reconcile your version of christianity with a loving god

Jesus said- "I say nothing of my own accord, I only say what God tells me to say" (John 12:49)
and then went on to say-
"Love one another, feed the hungry, house the homeless, clothe the destitute, tend the sick, visit the prisoners, look after the poor" (Mark 12:30, John 13:34, Matt 25: 37-40)

So those were the words of God himself delivered through Jesus's mouth, so God seems ok to me.
If you don't like him maybe you should try Allah..Wink
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 12:05 pm
Without questioning "scriptural validity" (hehehehehehe), i would like to know what you think about the reliability of your god at righting wrongs and assuring justice. Why, given your god's track record, should anyone believe that your god will punish those "ruining" the earth, when there's no evidence in history or scripture that he gives a ****?
neologist

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 02:25 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
Without questioning "scriptural validity" (hehehehehehe), i would like to know what you think about the reliability of your god at righting wrongs and assuring justice. Why, given your god's track record, should anyone believe that your god will punish those "ruining" the earth, when there's no evidence in history or scripture that he gives a ****?
I would suggest you have in mind the perception of God that has been perpetrated by 1000s of years of priestly deception. The Bible says plainly, and in many places, that God's adversary, Satan, is in charge of the world's affairs. Perhaps the most telling example of this is the better known account of Satan offering Jesus the kingdoms of the world in exchange for an act of worship to him (Matthew 4:9. Luke 4: 7) You will note that Jesus did not deny this authority.

One of the first things I had to grasp when I began studying the Bible is why did Satan gain this control in the first place and why has it taken so excruciatingly long for God to act on the promise of Genesis 3:15 to bruise Satan in the head. Good questions; and they do have good answers for those who will look into it. When you begin to see the answers you will discern why the priests have used this deception to their advantage.
-1 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 06:05 pm
I see . . . so then, your god is incapable of bringing ruin to those ruining the earth, because the earth is Satan's bailiwick. Thanks for clearing that up.
neologist

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 06:08 pm
@Setanta,
I don't see where I said incapable.
Setanta

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 07:42 pm
@neologist,
You have said that the earth is Satan's realm. So your god could intervene and doesn't? Why then would you rely on your god to bring the "ruiners" of the earth to justice?
neologist

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 08:13 pm
@Setanta,
Since you and I disagree about the significance of Genesis, I will simply have to ask you to bear with me. Substantial issues were raised by the serpent in chapter 3. He alleged:
1] God is a liar.
2] They would be better off judging good and bad for themselves.
In so doing, he attempted to usurp God's sovereignty.

As I understand his reasoning, he may have thought he had placed God in an impossible position. If God killed Adam and Eve forthwith, he would have to abandon his purpose for them to fill the earth. If he permitted them to live in spite of the disobedience, he would have to abandon his standard of justice.

So, he has allowed time for history to settle the issue. You and I may think the time allowed has been excessive; but we have not been appointed as time keepers. IMHO, to this date mankind has done a totally crappy job of determining what is good and what is bad. Of course, with Satan pulling the strings, what can we expect?

Many people today pray for God's "kingdom to come" without having any idea what is involved. The "meek shall inherit the earth" doesn't sound like such a bad thing to me. Any time is OK.
Setanta

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 04:19 am
@neologist,
First, the Adam and Eve scam in Genesis wasn't about justice--it was a set-up, a sucker play against them. Second, nowhere in scripture does it state or even imply that the serpent described in Genesis 3 is Satan. You ought to avoid that incident because it has so many pitfalls for you. Who is god speaking to when he says "we?" Don't tell me it's angels or any of the other goofy stories you've used in the past, because the text doesn't say that. Furthermore, in order to punish these two for having done what they lacked the necessary intellectual equipment to know was wrong, he drives them from "the garden" before they can eat the fruit of the tree of life, and become immortal. Your god is a really nasty piece of work as depicted in Genesis Chapter Three, you should avoid that one. At any event, you can use the scripture, but you don't get to insert your own exegesis.

Based on what we have from you so far, for which you have not provided scriptural authority, the earth belongs to Satan, and god either cannot or will not interfere to assure justice. In the former case your god is not the omnipotent being you claim; in the latter case, he is morally deficient. Either way, there is no good reason to assume that your god either can or will "bring ruin to those ruining the earth."

As a side note, that phrase, "bring ruin to those ruiing the earth" is appallingly ambiguous. There is a complete lack of the definition of terms.
Smileyrius

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 11:56 am
@Setanta,
The intention is to input no exegesis, I know that to be of your distaste Set. Most of the challenges you have made do have scriptural answers. These are just a few I found.

Satan the serpent? Probably - Revelation 12:9
The Earth belongs to Satan? Probably - 1 John 5:19, Luke 4:6
"Us" He is probably talking about Jesus - John 1:1-3,
Franks "they were set up" argument = God did not say it was wrong, he told them what would happen if they did - Genesis 2:17

Neo told stories of Goofy? I didn't know he was in the bible and have no explanation forthwith. Shame on you Neo, you're on your own with that one.

Calamity Dal

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 03:36 pm
@neologist,
and yet your god said in the day that you eat of it you will die, and yet later we find out that he lived to be what over 900?
neologist

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 05:21 pm
@Calamity Dal,
To Jehovah, 1000 years is as a day:
Psalms 90:4
2 Peter 3:8

Additionally, the seventh creative day has not yet ended.
Calamity Dal

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 05:26 pm
@neologist,
touche, but it looks like god stopped creating a long time ago, whats your reasoning on the seventh not being over?
neologist

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 05:30 pm
@Smileyrius,
Smileyrius wrote:
Neo told stories of Goofy? I didn't know he was in the bible and have no explanation forthwith. Shame on you Neo, you're on your own with that one.
Every me and Goofy get together, Donald gets in a snit. I don't know what to do about it.
http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq145/ReddyRd5/sb006-17.jpgIt's Goofy's fault, though.