THE DUTCH AND TAIWAN

Foofie

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2013 07:54 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Europe became a really unstable, unpleasant place from about 1520 onward--but they cleared that all up in 1992 . . . i think . . .

Hold your horses, pardner. That year, 1520 rings a bell. Oh yes, Martin Luther nailed his complaints onto a church door, and started the Protestant Reformation. You use the word "unpleasant." Unpleasant for whom? For Catholics that were the only game in town previously? For those that subscribed to the new beliefs of Protestantism, it might have been quite pleasant, since for the first time Christians could have a personal relationship with Jesus, directly, having the Spirit in one's heart.

I do wonder if many non-practicing Catholics, that were originally raised in the Catholic faith, lost their faith, but they still see Protestants and their faith as an alien community. God, if Jews were as alienated from Gentiles, as many Catholics, believing, or non-believing, are from Protestants, then Jews would all have to move to Israel.

I say this as a New Yorker that has observed the high parochial school participation rate of New York Catholics, back when all parochial schools were white Catholics. And, people talk of clannish Jews.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2013 08:03 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

No kiddin' . . . i blame Martin and his fecal fixations for the religious nut bags in the New Nited States, and therefore, i blame him for the teabaggers.

You are forgetting that the United States of America, even without the teabaggers, is a great Protestant nation. It is so great it can offer non-Protestants a comfortable lifestyle. The sad thing is that some of those non-Protestants do not have the grace to be grateful, and might act as though they are ready to take over, and change the original course of the nation from the course set out by the early citizens that were quite Protestant and BIBLE BELIEVING.

The short answer is that some citizens don't know, and don't want to know, the score, that being that the country does not belong to them, other than one vote on any election day.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2013 08:17 am
Shut up, Miller, you ******* idiot.
Foofie

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2013 09:04 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Shut up, Miller, you ******* idiot.

Since I am not Miller, I am answering your response. You need to stop acting in such an ill mannerly way. There is no reason to act ill mannerly.

You could be proving a sociological principle. People act the way they believe others expect them to act. You might therefore think I expect you to act ill mannerly? Are you pandering to supposed prejudices you might believe I have?

izzythepush

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2013 10:18 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

ill mannerly way.

I think I drove down there on the way to Dunstable.

It's arguably a lot worse to show your ignorance than behave ill manneredly.
Setanta

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2013 12:26 pm
@izzythepush,
I believe it's just west of Bum ****, Egypt, no?
0 Replies