Katy sick, wish us well

vonny

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2013 01:31 pm
@ossobuco,
Optimism is sometimes the only thing that keeps us going - as is a slightly zany sense of humour!

Just heard from a friend whose dog, Alfie, was seriously ill after a his fourth major operation in four months. He wouldn't eat anything and had to be fed intravenously, then with a syringe. Each day there have been updates - some days good, some not so good. But today there was a photo of him eating out of a dog bowl like a 'proper dog'. One had to laugh - he'd refused dog food, refused a corned beef hash his mum had made for him, and had eaten a spicy pasta bake that was intended for his long-suffering dad! Ah well, there was some of the corned beef hash left over for dad!

Hope Katy is doing well. Lots of love and hugs to her.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2013 02:19 pm
@firefly,
Love pats for Katy, on the way.
Two puddles yesterday morning.
So far so good through the rest of yesterday and today so far... around 1 pm here now.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2013 06:14 pm
@ossobuco,
It's something like 30 hours now, unless I missed some hidden peeing.
1/2 gallon of water so far since midnight, which is less than usual.
On the other hand, she found a favorite hat and took a bite (the hunger scenario).
I'll fix the hat. Holding breath re her.
vonny

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2013 02:21 pm
@ossobuco,
How's it going? Breath being held here too!
ossobuco

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2013 02:27 pm
@vonny,
Not a good day. Two whoops.
vonny

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2013 02:47 pm
@ossobuco,
Ah bless - still, over 30 good hours, so some progress made.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2013 03:22 pm
@ossobuco,
Dang it!
0 Replies

nextone

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2013 03:23 pm
@ossobuco,
Hi Osso, Just saw this thread for the first time. I'm sorry Katy has been sick . Hope she'll soon be better. I know you're taking excellent care of Katy. Take care of yourself. You wrote about having mainly tile floors. That makes for easy clean-ups. Do be careful not to slip on wet spots. I'll be following Katy's progress. May all be well.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2013 07:26 pm
@nextone,
Hi, Nexty.

Yes, and bare feet in puddles are quite the sparkling announcements.

It's approaching 30 - 36 hrs now, sans puddling, but I've been surprised before, just before or after 24 hours.

She's done with the round of antibios and this is weekend watch.

Water take in seems lower, but I have said that before.

Falling on my floors is not good - I've done that when lisonpril bp medicine sent my bp to extremely low and I conked my head - it happens fast, boom.
Dys told me had taken one before he fell.

Now I take very little of it and never when my bp is normal.

But, re dilute urine on tile, it's not that slippery, more like water.
roger

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2013 07:46 pm
@ossobuco,
I'm sure hoping for we finally have a moment when we can say "It's over".
ossobuco

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2013 07:53 pm
@roger,
So do I, so do I.

It still might be connected to other stuff that I hear about, female, spayed, older, anatomical stuff.
I am thinking not, but I'm not a veterinarian.

ossobuco

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2013 09:52 pm
@ossobuco,
note - when she comes in from outside, she goes less often straight to the water bowl.

This is a good sign, I am thinking, but I've thought this before.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2013 09:56 pm
@ossobuco,
What am I getting at - this could be more than one thing going on.

Later, when I know more.
Roberta

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2013 04:38 am
@ossobuco,
Worried and sighing.

You could be right re more than one thing.

Hoper is not fading. Still in high gear. I want a complete recovery.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2013 11:57 am
@ossobuco,
Go, Katy, go! I mean...ummm...go outside, that is.
dlowan

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2013 02:14 pm
@Ragman,
Hoping.....
vonny

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2013 02:17 pm
@ossobuco,
Sounding good - Katy seems to be doing well.

Lisinopril has a lot of bad side effects. I had a dry (and annoying) cough for most of the time I took Lisinopril. My doctor recently changed my scrip to Losartan and my cough vanished overnight - had it for years!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2013 02:22 pm
@dlowan,
A little confusion yesterday on my part - there was some water by the back door. That was either a small puddlepiddle or the result of her just slurping water from her bowl and dripping into the tile seams. Which ever, things seem progressing, and at least not getting worse. Water consumption less.

Have just mixed a batch of dog cookies, so soon she'll have a reward for going through all this stuff, which is surely trying for her.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2013 03:54 pm
@ossobuco,
I'm getting more assured (just like Charlie Brown and the football, there could be more leaks) that it was only a quite developed UTI and things are resolving. But she still could have some underlying problem as an older female spayed dog (helped, I gather, by pills), or some kind of anatomical anomaly, which I think I said in this thread that I doubt, mainly because it is rare-ish, but she (the vet) told me about it as a possible.

That is my quickly memorized take on what the veterinarian said, if diabetes/liver stuff was ruled out, which I gather they have been.

More when I know more.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2013 08:24 pm
@ossobuco,
So much for assurance - a two fold leak.