Dentist - Inside cheek burn?

jayborn

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 01:15 am
I had a part of my gum covering my incoming wisdom tooth. It was a flap and they were worried about things getting underneath it. The Dr. cut away the flap with what I believe was a laser. He said recovery is extremely quick. I think however during the procedure he hit the surrounding area of cheek. It has now been 3 days and every day has been extremely painful. The cheek is inflamed. I have been rinsing with a prescribed antibacterial rinse. Should I go back? Or will this heal in a day or two?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 1,527 • Replies: 6

jespah

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 06:05 am
@jayborn,
Call them and ask.
Mathewsteve

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2015 11:53 pm
@jayborn,
I think you should go. If your doctor says that the recovery is quick then may be it is. You can ask your doctor about the procedure used in your treatment and the full recovery process.
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 08:54 am
@jayborn,
He said "recovery" is quick, not so that the pain will go away fast.

You might call first before making new appointments. I guess that a week is an average time for pain to diminish.

The inflammation is a normal reaction of your body, and if there is not fever, then it is just to let the body to heal itself.

After two or more days, if the pain still the same or worst, if you have fever, or other symptoms are added, then just show up and ask for immediate treatment.

The body heals different from person to person, and lots of things play in the process, like age, health status, and in this case may be how much food is making contact with the affected area.

I guess that the dentists might prescribe you Ibuprofen or similar besides the antibiotics.
0 Replies

CynthiaGaines

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2015 02:15 am
If you are in doubt then consult with another dentist regarding the treatment and whether the recovery process is quick or not.
0 Replies

continentalhospitals

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 12:31 am
@jespah,
Better to go and consult him once again
0 Replies

RayEGarcia

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 02:01 am
Go and consult another dentist as soon as possible.
0 Replies