Huxley

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 06:08 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Hi All,
God has commited suicide an infinite number of times.
God is commiting suicide now.
God will commit suicide an infinite number of times.

If you don't understand this - you don't understand God.
If you don't understand God - God made you to not understand God.
Understand?
Best wishes.
Mark...

I don't understand.

.... Wink
mark noble

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 06:19 pm
@Huxley,
Hi Huxley,
Neither do I, And I'm the author of it?
Keep it to yourself though!
Have a great day.
Mark...
0 Replies

sometime sun

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 12:11 pm
@mark noble,
Yes I understand, at least I think I do.
0 Replies

sometime sun

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 12:13 pm
@Huxley,
Thank you yes,
I must conclude God can commit suicide.
Whether God is a murderer is another question we could tackle here?
sometime sun

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 12:15 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Is suicide absolute destruction?
I still have no idea about the punishments in eternities law about the taking of ones own life?
mark noble

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 12:18 pm
@sometime sun,
Hi Sun
Yes you do. "Thou Shalt Not Murder" This means yourself also.
Glad to see you today, I'm off to bed now.
Shine on Sun.
Mark...
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 12:21 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun wrote:

Thank you yes,
I must conclude God can commit suicide.
Whether God is a murderer is another question we could tackle here?

Hi Sun,
Yes! Biblical God is a murderer. So are all the other ones too.
xxx
Mark...
0 Replies

Sentience

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2010 10:19 pm
@g day,
You could make odd numbers cease to exist at all.
0 Replies

aafredericksen

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2010 10:40 pm
@jonny,
The tricky part of the boulder question is simple, actually.

The fact of the matter is, God is not human.
To question whether or not He can lift it--or commit suicide for that matter--would be to assign human limitations to something that is not human.

Ultimately, how God operates and lives is completely incomprehensible to us, for we have never experienced anything like it. Therefore, to question it is pointless. It goes back to the table principle.

We are 2 dimensional objects trying to understand God, a 3 dimensional object.
It's impossible.
mark noble

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 06:29 am
@aafredericksen,
Hi aa!

Here's another angle to explore: If, before creation, there was ONLY God (nothing else), then creation must be made out of the substance of God. Therefore - everything is God <> God is everything...In substance, that is.

The only way that God can be known is to know everything - Nothing is a concept that belongs to everything. So to understand God is to understand nothing, and nothing can't be understood because it doesn't exist.

Kind regards!
Mark...
0 Replies

mister kitten

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 07:06 am
@Randall Patrick,
Why would he want to?
Being capable of killing oneself does not translate to doing the act. Just as, right now, I am capable of killing myself, but I will not do that.
0 Replies

mister kitten

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 07:13 am
@g day,
g day wrote:

Randall

Even if I was omnipotent I couldn't make odd numbers even. There is a semantic flaw in your question - can you see it?

What has a logical impossibility got to do with the question of whether or not an omnipotent being can kill itself? Are you saying killing oneself is a logical impossibility?

It could be that God doesn't operate as we do, as I've heard many say before, but the killing of oneself is a physical thing and not a logical one.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2010 12:42 pm
The question of this thread should be Is it logically possible for God, as defined in Christianity, to commit suicide? The answer is necessarily Yes, because of God's acribribed omnipotence. He or She can always regenerate themselves afterwards.
But the question when phrased--Can God commit suicide--as an EMPIRICAL question is unanswerable; God is not an empirical entity
0 Replies

Zetherin

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2010 12:50 pm
@Randall Patrick,
Randall Patrick wrote:

If God is said to be omnipotent then, by definiton, there is nothing He cannot do.

So, He must be fully capable of committing suicide, right?

If there be a God and He does, I wonder if we go with Him?

RP

How do you know God hasn't already committed suicide?
0 Replies

JPLosman0711

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2010 09:38 pm
gods a little ****** anyways that bitches name is peter we r from avitar yea bitches we r in a fishbowl and god aint cleanin us out **** all u sheeple u dont get it if god commits suicide were jus goin to his fucked up little sister AND THEN WE R FUCKED.. oh and **** u all u useless pricks
JLNobody

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2010 10:10 pm
@JPLosman0711,
I do hope you find some help...soon.
0 Replies

Neil D

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2010 10:30 pm
Maybe the Big Bang was God committing suicide to create the Universe. But not really committing suicide, just a different manifestation.
0 Replies

g day

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2010 06:05 am

I think its a poor logic construct to apply mortal constraints onto a subject that is off the chart beyond mortal capability.
0 Replies

ktbrown47

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2010 02:37 am
@Randall Patrick,
I suppose GOD could commit suicide, but it is against his rules or doctrine. it says that he says so in the bible.
0 Replies

ktbrown47

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2010 02:51 am
@Randall Patrick,
First there is one problem that you don't seem to realize is that GOD does not live by the rules or laws of physics that apply to us on this planet. and second, Jesus did not commit suicide, he was killed by the jews believe he blasphemed against God, when he himself was God in spirit, but not in flesh. which when he was released from the flesh and blood vessel he occupied returned him to his spiritual form of God. but this must be taken on faith,because this life after death is a gift that is given for true faith by Jesus Christ by dying for the sins of the world. just believe and ask for the gift, its free. for if you can't live by faith, what is the purpose that you have chose for yourself that gets you thru life day after day? remember its the greatest gift you can receive,and its free for the asking.