Can microwaves make you sterile?

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 01:15 pm
I was heating up my dinner the other day at work, and a friend of mine told me that I shouldn't stand directly in front of the microwave, which is at crotch level, or I'd end up sterilizing myself. Is there any truth to this? If so, I will stand in front of it more, since it's cheaper and probably less painful than a vasectomy.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,125 • Replies: 19
No top replies

Portal Star

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 01:51 pm
Microwaves leak a tiny amount of radiation. That amount is regulated by the US government and their standards for amount allowed to be leaked has lessened over the years. Unless your microwave is ridiculously old or broken, it won't hurt you.

Also, you'd know if it was either because you would go blind first - your eyes are sensitive to radiation.

Now, if you're sticking your genitals -into- the microwave I can't help you...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 03:48 pm
You can't do that - the door has to be closed before the thing will work - you'd have to cut them off first.

I guess that would render the microwaving unnecessary?
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 08:40 pm
dlowan wrote:
You can't do that - the door has to be closed before the thing will work - you'd have to cut them off first.

I guess that would render the microwaving unnecessary?

you could always cut a hole in the door of the microwave.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 09:08 pm
No, but watching soaps can.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 01:09 am
My boyfriend had a broken leg and preferred to limp miserably around the grocery store instead of taking on of those automated carts. He said it would shrink his testicles.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 01:58 am
Men and their testicles. *shakes head*

You don't really wanna sterilize yourself before meeting Ms. Right, do you k.c.? Very Happy
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 05:31 am
kickycan- Tight jeans will do more to lower sperm count than standing in front of a microwave! Laughing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 07:04 am
kickycan wears tight jeans? Shocked
OH, the HORROR!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 08:04 am
Quote:
you could always cut a hole in the door of the microwave.

I found that suggestion intriguing, Portal Star, so I dug out my exacto knife and commenced to cut a hole in the door. Took me about twenty minutes to cut the damn hole but I finally did and inserted my willie and turned the microwave on to full power.

A rather warm, enjoyable sensation, at first, but then sparks started flying and I realized I had left that damn padlock in the microwave.

That damn thing is haunting me!

Now the padlock is welded to my willie, and I am unable to extract myself because the padlock obviously won't fit through the hole.

I'm trying to reach the silverware drawer so I can get a butter knife and try to take the hinges off.

Can't quite reach...... I'll keep you posted.

Friggin' padlock! I'm really beginning to hate that thing.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 08:41 am
Gus, I'm surprised you still have a penis at all, with the crazy dangerous games you like to play with it. Stop that!!!

Caprice, Ms. Right would have to be a non-breeder to be my Ms. Right. Kids are not in my plans. I hate the little bastards.

Tight jeans, huh? Or maybe I could just continue with my three-sizes-too-small underwear. That should do it.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 09:50 am
kickycan wears underwear?
what happened to the real men in this world?

<sob>
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 10:08 am
I can't put my genitals in a microwave. There's a metal plate in there from a mishap in 'Nam.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 10:11 am
A plate??? What are we talking here, platypus type dimensions?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 10:14 am
Something like that Ceili...it may look strange, but I believe a platypus would be jealous.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 10:36 am
Re: Can microwaves make you sterile?
kickycan wrote:
I was heating up my dinner the other day at work, and a friend of mine told me that I shouldn't stand directly in front of the microwave, which is at crotch level, or I'd end up sterilizing myself. Is there any truth to this? If so, I will stand in front of it more, since it's cheaper and probably less painful than a vasectomy.

It's been thought for some time, that radiation generated during a mammography could cause ovarian cancer.

I don't know what the real facts are, however. Confused
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 11:57 am
I just got this in an e-mail. Any truth to this?

Plastics and Carcinogens

Carcinogens causes cancer. Especially breast cancer. Don't freeze your plastic water bottles with water as this also releases dioxins in the plastic.

Dr. Edward Fujimoto from Castle hospital was on a TV program explaining this health hazard.
He is the manager of the Wellness Program at the hospital. He was talking about dioxins and
how bad they are for us. He said that we should not be heating our food in the microwave using
plastic containers. This applies to foods that contain fat. He said that the combination of fat,
high heat and plastics releases dioxins into the food and ultimately into the cells of the body.
Dioxins are carcinogens and highly toxic to the cells of our bodies.

Instead, he recommends using glass, Corning Ware, or ceramic containers for heating food.
You get the same results without the dioxins.
So such things as TV dinners, instant ramen and soups, etc., should be removed from the container
and heated in something else. Paper isn't bad but you don't know what is in the paper. Just safer to use tempered glass, Corning Ware, etc.,

He said we might remember when some of the fast food restaurants moved away from the foam
containers to paper. The dioxin problem is one of the reasons.

To add to this: saran wrap placed over foods as they are nuked, with the high heat, actually drips
poisonous toxins into the food, use wax paper or paper towels.

As an aside: Dioxin was the principal compound in agent orange which was used in Vietnam.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 12:21 pm
Someone posted a debunking of this a while back, can't quite remember where.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 12:26 pm
Ha! I knew it! Paranoid people sending me this crap! Damn!
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 11:50 pm
I donĀ“t believe it---
0 Replies