Important question about weight !

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 10:46 am
Hey, my name is Alexander . I am a teenager ( 16 years old ) and I really need your help .

TO be frank, I am overweight . My height is 1.71m / 5.6 feet and I weight 86 kg / 189 pounds . I am very interested in losing weight as soon as possible . At least 10 - 15kg / 22 - 33 pounds . While I was wandering on google, I came across with some diet pills . I saw that in some cases with correct diet and excercise I could lose 5 - 6 kg / 11 - 13 pounds per month! This is pretty amazing .

What's your opinion about diet pills ? Should I take the " risk " ? Are there any dangerous long-term side effects ? IMPORTANT : I want to use those diet pills for only 1 month . Would you suggest me some pills ?

Thanks in advance .
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 2,084 • Replies: 14
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by Alexander16
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 11:25 am
@Alexander16,
Biting my tongue in the realm that you might be aren't soliciting/colluding with another party to drop any illicit diet pills spam link, I'll suggest for you to stay away from any diet pills not prescribed to you via an actual medical doctor that you have seen IN PERSON/in the real world.

Online diet pills are the equivalent to playing Russian Roulette with your own health. A great deal of them are at best placebos and don't work at all.
dalehileman
  Selected Answer

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 01:05 pm
@tsarstepan,
Very interesting Alex as I was 188 retiring to the Mojave with my Better Half 15 years ago but lost 38 lbs simply by going a bit hungry at night

I try to hold myself between 150 and 155 using a treats regimen, eg, 150 or below three Nuggets; 150-155, two; 155-156, one; above, none
Alexander16

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 02:33 pm
@tsarstepan,
I won't buy any online diet pills .

Thanks for your advice .
0 Replies

Alexander16

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 02:36 pm
@dalehileman,
I see .

You managed to lose 38lbs by simply not eating at nights ? Wow , this is amazing! So, could I ask you how long did it take you ? And also, did you go to the gym or did you follow a diet ?
dalehileman

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 03:51 pm
@Alexander16,
Quote:
You managed to lose 38lbs by simply not eating at nights ?
to "go to bed hungry" simply implies not eating so much all day

Quote:
Wow , this is amazing!
Thank you, a rare complement in this diriment of convoluted insensate conation

Quote:
So, could I ask you how long did it take you ?
Weeks and weeks or maybe months

Quote:
And also, did you go to the gym
No but I do a lot of yard work on 2.5 acres

Quote:
or did you follow a diet ?
Well I ate less
0 Replies

Pearlylustre

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 10:34 pm
@Alexander16,
I watched a programme earlier this week about the science ( or lack of science) behind various diet and health products. The conclusion seemed to be that diet pills might have a placebo effect but basically the only way to lose weight long term is to eat less and exercise more. I just wish that was as easy as it sounds...
0 Replies

LucyJames

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 02:03 am
@Alexander16,
Hello Friends,

Keep in mind that these drugs are not a cure-all for obesity. The use of weight loss drugs should be combined with physical activity and improved diet to lose and maintain weight successfully over the long term.
Using prescription weight loss drugs to treat obesity should be used as an option for the following individuals:
1. People with a body mass index(BMI) of 30 and above with no obesity-related conditions.
2. A person with a BMI of 27 and above with obesity-related conditions, such as diabetes or high blood pressure.
Diet pills are very tempting things if you want to lose weight, especially if you have tried several conventional weight loss diets without success. Maybe one of your diet buddies has decided to buy diet pills, or maybe you've seen or heard a commercial for diet supplements promising easy fast weight loss. If so, please beware! Even the most natural-sounding diet pills or weight loss supplements can be useless for weight loss, or dangerous, or both.

Thanks And Regards
Lucy James
roger

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 03:05 am
@LucyJames,
You are recommending diet pills for people with high blood pressure. Is that an accurate observation.
Alexander16

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 05:24 am
Thank you so much for all your replies .

I will work out more and eat less . That's the most safe way .

Take care friends ! See you soon .
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 05:46 am
@roger,
perhaps they own shares in a Funeral Parlour
0 Replies

amygarside

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 06:20 am
@Alexander16,
As someone who have been in the health industry, I promote dieting and exercise as the best way to lose weight. Diet pills can have side effects and it will depend on each person who will use it. It is still best to do the dieting the natural way.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 08:37 am
@LucyJames,
The Lucy James (bot?) post was plagerized from Web MD:

source:
http://www.webmd.com/diet/guide/weight-loss-prescription-weight-loss-medicine
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 10:03 am
@amygarside,
Esp avoiding carbohydrates, recently accused of promoting brain deterioration
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 10:44 am
@dalehileman,
Quote:
…….using a treats regimen, eg, 150 or below three Nuggets; 150-155, two; 155-156, one; above, none
Oh and it's a very strict routine, understand. The foregoing applies applies to Monday and Wednesday while Thursday, eg, it's eclairs
0 Replies