Stopped taking pill, had sex unprotected, chances of being pregnant?

mogvu8

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 05:51 pm
Okay, so that title is a little bit callous, it's just a quick question about the chances of my being pregnant.. Basically I'm used to using the pill, but I decided to come off it recently and go back to using condoms purely because of other side effects it was giving me. My last day of taking it landed on a Tuesday, however on that Friday I had sex unprotected- stupid I know but I was still in the mindset of being on the pill, a mistake I won't be making again; the thought didn't even occur to me until the day after when my period came. In my head I freaked out a little because I thought that the pill only worked for each day you took it, but by having my period I figured that it meant I wasn't pregnant. But as you can see- I'm not an expert on the subject. I planned to go to my clinic to get checked but it's far out of town for me and usually a long wait while I'm there. I feel like I should go to be on the safe side however I wanted to check on here first to make sure I'm not being ridiculously paranoid. I've had no symptoms or anything to give me concern and I don't fancy taking a day trip out to the clinic only to be told that the chances of my being pregnant in that situation are more than unlikely. Is this all in my head, or should I actually go get a test?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 6,368 • Replies: 4
No top replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 08:13 pm
@mogvu8,
It is unlikely you are pregnant
http://www.pregnancy-info.net/comp_periods_pregnancy.html

However, if you're worried wait 7-10 days after the alleged conception and try a home pregnancy testing kit.
mogvu8

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2012 03:22 am
@hingehead,
Cheers for the link! Smile
0 Replies

Atom Blitzer

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2012 05:50 am
@mogvu8,
Why stop at pills?

Do open condom style.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2012 06:09 am
@mogvu8,
Sincer your period already came, I wouldn't worry it is highly unlikely you are pregnant.

On an aside - for a typical women it takes two weeks for the affects of the pill to wear off. That isn't too say you cannot get pregnant after stopping taking the pill for the first two weeks simply that the chances are much less. Also, you can usually miss a day of the pill (depending on the type/dosage of pill - mini for example you would need to take every day) with no impact.

Read the insert - it tells you what to do if you miss one day or more. Mine says something along the lines of to take as soon as you remember, and continue taking - then if you miss x number of days to use another method.
0 Replies