My story of the starvation diet..

Star07

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2012 06:16 am
well i actually just started this diet no one is going to stop me from doing this. i'm not really starving myself like not eating i'm just eating one small meal a-day so if you have any tips please comment on this or if you have any thing to say put it up here..oh and i will also have updates since i just started this thank you and bye bye Smile

jespah

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2012 10:48 am
@Star07,
What's in your one small meal?
Star07

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2012 06:48 pm
@jespah,
mostly fruits or vegetables...
ossobuco

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2012 06:51 pm
@Star07,
Starvation diets are famous ballooners, people in love with the diet or worse, people in deep trouble. Please don't do that to yourself.
Star07

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 04:22 am
@ossobuco,
i want to do this, i know the effects but i really want this...plus im just eating 1 meal (small) not really starving..
jespah

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 09:13 am
@Star07,
It's a terrible way to diet. You will slow your metabolism down to a crawl.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 07:16 pm
@jespah,
Please listen to Jespah.
Torii

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 09:24 pm
@Star07,
A tip which will be better for your health. Eat that small meal ever two hours, to a total of 6 meals every day. So you body is in forage mode, which means your body will be turned into a high metabolism machine, and our body won't save it as fat. And then maybe do some light exercise such as walking or jogging.
Your plan will very likely fail cause you're scaring your body to save save save, and thus your metabolism is going to slow down, and you won't likely see a change, and you'll be more prone to binging and throwing up.
Do yourself a favor and take care of your body.
0 Replies

Star07

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2012 04:08 am
@ossobuco,
plz tell me why i cant do this...i said im not starving myself im just eating one meal a day.!
Star07

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2012 04:09 am
@jespah,
im not starving myself like no food just 1 meal a day..
jespah

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2012 06:02 am
@Star07,
Yes, you are technically eating something. But if it's mainly fruits and vegetables (and do not misunderstand me as they are good for you), I doubt you're getting enough protein or fat. Yes, you need to eat some fat. It does not have to be from meat but vegetarian/vegan diets are work. They require some balancing to be sure that you are getting the nutrients you need. Want a diet? Go to SparkPeople (just Google them) and they will tell you (a) why this is a lousy idea and (b) how to properly eat as a vegetarian/vegan.
Butrflynet

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2012 10:24 am
@Star07,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metabolism
0 Replies

Star07

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2012 02:52 pm
@jespah,
i dont eat meat..i dont drink soda..and i dont eat candy.
Krumple

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2012 01:56 am
@Star07,
Star07 wrote:

i dont eat meat..i dont drink soda..and i dont eat candy.

That's good. So what do you have for this one meal a day? Is it always the same? Or do you change it? Also what do you do about hunger pains if you only eat once a day?
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2012 02:26 am
@Star07,
Quote:
it doesn't bother me because the hunger just comes and goes

Quote:
i am not starving myself

If you weren't starving, you wouldn't feel hunger pains.

People think it's such a quick fix... They may lose weight, it makes sense, less food..

You could eat every fruit and vegetable all day long and not put on weight, loose weight and never, ever, have one single hunger pain. So why are you limiting yourself to just a handful? There are little, I mean little calories in 1 plate of veg.

Why do you want to suffer?

What do you think happens to teenagers when they cut their meals back as drastically as you are? They become anorexic and swear " I am not anorexic".

And, your one meal of the day? Needs also to have good fat content, protein, as well as vitamins & minerals. What's wrong with adding some bread and cheese? Or grilled tomatoes and mushroom? A boiled egg in the morning.. As it seems you don't eat meat.

Good fat, believe it or not, burns itself off by the time you get home from school, all gone.

And how is your school work going, can you concentrate?

Imagine eating "tiny calories alllll day long, adding up to not much but giving you at least vitamins, minerals and then having a small one meal with carbs and protein... You'd be bouncing off the wall with energy and trimming down perfectly and be able to concentrate on school and your friends .

Bet you get tired quickly. Bet you go to bed early so you don't feel hungry...

Bet you didn't realise that you were/ are harming your body.

Why not google what an anorexic teenager looks like? And, just how it started.
Do you really think a bunch of Adults are stupid? Smile We can't really be can we?

No, no, no...

What's wrong with taking some suggestions?
Star07

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2012 06:26 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
i really do.. if you read my other postss u will get it..
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2012 07:21 pm
@Star07,
That you are determined to do it... Full stop.. I get it.

So tell me if you don't mind, why? What is your reason for going on this diet, how long do you intend to go on this diet?

Remember I mentioned anorexia?

Tell me if any of this rings true, or not....please Smile

Quote:
Anorexia is an effective way to cope with difficult circumstances because it serves to distract the sufferer from the pain. Losing weight provides a concrete goal that requires energy, planning, and effort. The amount of time spent tallying calories, exercising, and thinking about food is time spent not thinking about pain. Also, many anorexics experience a "high" when they are at a low weight because only there do they feel a sense of power and success.

For young men and women, anorexia can be a way to handle the confusion of changing societal roles.

Losing weight is also a way for some women to avoid developing into mature sexual beings, in effect to remain in a child's body without the demands of intimacy and responsibility that accompany adulthood. For example, a survivor of sexual abuse might feel unsafe and would logically reason-consciously or unconsciously-that a body which resembles a preadolescent is no longer sexually desirable or appealing. For her, losing weight could well be a means of protecting herself so that she would be less vulnerable to assaults.

I can see that you have great friends... But, I'm curious if you don't mind to answer what rings true from the above, if anything.... And, why you have decided to go on this diet, and for how long....

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2012 07:33 pm
@Star07,
Ok, I'll say it. I think you are being an idiot. You do not know anything at all about nutrition - that is apparent. You are engaged with the starvation idea. So cute. You are very defensive and insistent. You do not want to listen to any information. Major way to ruin yourself.

Are you imagining we work up bouquets of flowers for your funeral as you wither away?

Stop it.

0 Replies

mickey513

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2012 07:58 am
@Star07,
I don't think this is healthy at all. A human's body cannot take that sudden change. Have you considered visiting a dietitian ?
0 Replies