what type of cheese are you?

ehBeth

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 11:21 am
I just picked this up from a discussion at my favourite foodie site

your inner cheese ....... click

it's not great, it's not definitive, it's not serious, it's ........ fun!

Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 6,752 • Replies: 68
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 11:23 am
I am blue cheese!

http://cupped-expressions.net/cheese/quiz/blue.gif

I am a soft, crumbly white blue-streaked cheese. I am very cool and mellow. I amvery knowledgeable and wise and people come to me for advice and help.

Blue cheese is a white cheese with blue veins and a sometimes crumbly interior. This cheese usually has tangy, piquant, spicy and peppery flavor. Use in salad dressings with cream cheese for spreads. [Texture: hard, semi-soft ]

I'd rather be feta, but it appears <sigh> that i'm crumbly and blue-streaked.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 11:30 am
You are feta!

You are a salty, crumbly cheese from Greece. You are overflowing with charisma. You are a confident intellectual who is very ambitious.

Feta is one of the most famous cheeses in Greece. It is made in various sizes, often as a loaf-shape. Feta is solid, but crumbly with some fissures. Pure white, it has a milky fresh acidity. Feta was originally made with either ewe's milk or a mixture of ewe's and goat's milk, but today most feta is made with pasteurized milk and tastes of little besides salt. Some people are put off by the strong salt content but the salt is intended only as a preservative and is not supposed to overpower the taste of the cheese. Feta can be soaked in fresh, cold water or milk for a few minutes or longer, if necessary, to make it less salty. [ Country: Greece || Milk: cow, ewe, and goat milk || Texture: soft ]
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 11:34 am
waaaaaaaaaaaah

Ceili gets to be feta!

hmmmm, well you are an entertainment type - so charismatic is good Very Happy
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 11:49 am
THIS IS BOGUS MAN> I AM NOT NO STINKIN MOZARELLA , I AM ASIAGO-. i I AM HARD, UNYIELDING, RAW AND AND COMPLEX. FILLED WITH CHEESE RAGE AND **** LIKE THAT . SO NEXT QUIZ CALLIN ME MOZARELLA GETS KNEECAPPED.

You cant establish what kind of cheese someone is by those stupid kakapoopoo questions. You need a real in depth interview to determine the real inner-cheese. Try this testdeteremine your inner cheese
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 11:58 am
I'm blue cheese--and contented to be so.
0 Replies

kirsten

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 12:16 pm
I am Monterey Jack cheese...and quite pleased!

I am a soft, buttery, easily melting cheese. I am very shy and reserved and easily blend in. I believe in fate and magic.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 12:16 pm
one raging mozzarella, a charismatic feta, one discontented and one contented blue cheese! starting to look like a funky saturday night cheese tray.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 12:18 pm
and a monterey jack joins the platter!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 12:21 pm
I am pretty happy to be mozzarella!

You are a shiny, soft, round cheese. You are very imaginative and creative, but you don't like to stand out. You don't mind solitude at times and you love to do art.

Actually, my housemate (who is Italian) told me I was shiny this morning. How weird is that?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 12:26 pm
Cheese and wine, cheese and whine.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 12:30 pm
Apparently I am parmesan, hmmm. I trust that is parmigiano reggiano and not Kraft. I prefer to regard myself as ricotta salata, but, oh well.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 12:45 pm
ohhhh, l'k, you are such a perfect mozza!

ossoB - I just found a source for Reggiano, less than a 5 minute from my house. I was thrilled. Of course, the butcher there also had rabbits and Italian talcs. An interesting shop all round.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 12:46 pm
Another parmesan reporting, even though I was hoping for brie. Guess that isn't gonna happen as long as I prefer to go to Italy than France.

You are parmesan cheese!

You are a white, crumbly cheese. You are very social and talkative. You are incredibly friendly to everyone, but also a little lazy.

Named after an area in Italy, Parma Parmesan is one of the world's most popular and widely-enjoyed cheeses. Milk used for Parmesan is heated and curdled in copper containers but not before most of the milk's cream has been separated and removed. Curd is cut and then heated to 125 degrees F, all the while stirring the curd to encourage whey runoff. The curd is further cooked at temperatures of up to 131 degrees F, then pressed in cheesecloth-lined moulds. After two days, the cheeses are removed and salted in brine for a month, then allowed to mature for up to two years in very humid conditions. [ Country: Italy || Milk: cow milk || Texture: hard || Recommended Wine: Cabernet Sauvignon Pinot Noir ]
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 12:46 pm
yeh, little k, just be satisfied with being mozarella, let the rest of the planet walk all over you,. Mozarella , you cant even say it without feeling pity. Its such a soft vapid cheese. Im gonna go back and change all my answers. I just cant be mozarella, I cant.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 12:47 pm
parma = lazy!?! I wonder why.

Beth, yes, I thought the mozz profile fit me pretty well.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 12:48 pm
VAPID!?!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 12:50 pm
some crackers to accompany our cheeses

http://www.swgc.mun.ca/conference/images/crackers.jpg

thank goodness i'm cooking right now, because this is making me hungry!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 12:54 pm
yeh, you know what goes with mozarella dont you?
pretzels.
lilk , not you, the cheese is vapid. Dont stand for it. I see you more as a St ANdre.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 12:57 pm
Nonono, mozz goes with tomatoes and basil and best of all, PIZZA!
0 Replies