On Gay Marriage - Hypocrisy, thy Name is Republican

snood

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 07:35 am
I wanted to point out a glaring piece of irony that seems to have gone by without much attention over the last couple of historic days.

Remember just a few years ago when the Republicans - drum majored by Faux Noose and the moral(less) majority slimeballs Falwell and Robertson - were blaming gays for hurricanes and terrorist attacks? Remember when - even more recently - when Fox news trumpeted gay Marriage as the "most divisive cultural issue of our time"?

Hell, Newt Gingrich said gays were trying to push a "secular fascism" on our country. Glenn Beck was all over the place talking about how, if we allowed gay marriage, then we might as well allow polygamy (Rick Samtorum and Bill O'Reilly named a couple of farm animals and other creatures we might as well legally marry). There was hyperbole on top of distortion on top of religious sanctimonious pronouncement.

Remember that? It seems like yesterday. Well, what happened? Because now what the Faux News spoonfed koolaid drinker tools like Finn are saying is COMPLETELY different! Look at what they are trying to sell us about the President's announcement - "This was all about politics, not principle." "This president and his syncophants only care about getting reelected." WTF???? Their talking points have gone from "It will destroy society as we know it and we'll be marrying donkeys", to " Oh, of course you're for gay marriage - you'll say anything that's popular". WTF????

Are Faux News and the zombie replicants it feeds FOR anything, besides anything opposite of whatever Obama says? (yeah, no answer required - rhetorical)

JTT

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 08:11 am
@snood,
Hypocrisy is hardly limited to Republicans, Snood. It`s pandemic in the USA.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 08:29 am
The Republicans are playing it down because it is an election year. They read polls too.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 08:36 am
When I think of republicans I think of Teabaggers and other Extreme Right Winged maggots.

Eventually the truth prevails, equality will always be the right thing to do to yield the best outcomes.
snood

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 08:42 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Hypocrisy is hardly limited to Republicans, Snood. It`s pandemic in the USA.

Ok, JTT - I took you off ignore to read if you actually tried to comment on the thread subject. This thread is specifically about the Republican's 180 in their approach to gay marriage. I see where you could be trying to open this discussion, as you do in all threads, up into another wideranging polemical rant about the profound general corruption of America, and the blindness of all of us who don't rant about it like you do.

Would you do me a personal solid and just leave this thread to its very specific subject, and not turn it into another "JTT enlightens us about how fucked up America is" thread?
JTT

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 08:47 am
@snood,
That would be the ultimate in hypocrisy, Snood, but I know that you are completely comfortable with that.
snood

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 08:48 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

That would be the ultimate in hypocrisy, Snood, but I know that you are completely comfortable with that.

You didn't answer my question.
JTT

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 08:58 am
@snood,
But I have, Snood. Just because you want to limit the discussion to what you want to talk about doesn`t negate the facts that hypocrisy is the lifeblood of the US.

In point of fact, that you have the temerity to point out others hypocrisy is highly illustrative of that hypocrisy of which I speak.
snood

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 09:08 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

But I have, Snood. Just because you want to limit the discussion to what you want to talk about doesn`t negate the facts that hypocrisy is the lifeblood of the US.

In point of fact, that you have the temerity to point out others hypocrisy is highly illustrative of that hypocrisy of which I speak.

Yer nuts. And back on ignore.
JTT

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 09:13 am
@snood,
Careful, Snood, your hypocrisy is glaring.

Odd that so many from the land of the brave scurry to the safe confines of ignore when confronted with ideas that they find disconcerting.
RABEL222

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 01:07 pm
@JTT,
You accusing anyone else of hypocrisy is the highest form of hypocrisy.
JTT

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 01:08 pm
@RABEL222,
Ya think so, Rabel.
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 02:52 pm
@snood,
I think edgar concicely smacked the nail right on the head
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 03:37 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

When I think of republicans I think of Teabaggers and other Extreme Right Winged maggots.

Eventually the truth prevails, equality will always be the right thing to do to yield the best outcomes.

When I think of republicans, I either think of republican citizens or republican politicians, depending on which I am thinking about.

Would you believe that there are republican citizens all over that don't give a **** about other people's personal life choices? GASP!!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 09:51 pm
Likely, the sizable pro-gay Democrat mainstream informed Obama that he had to get in line if he expected full support. He wanted smaller flack from those who liked his anti-gay stance, so he trotted out Biden - whose loose-cannon reputation actually came in handy.

Idealizing a politician is naive.
Baldimo

Reply Mon 14 May, 2012 07:36 am
@snood,
I don't see your hypocrisy in your statement. It seems that they speak what they feel when it comes to gay marriage. I don't agree with them but it seems consistent.

Your upset because they called Obama on his political BS. We all know he supported gay marriage before he publicly came out for it. He publicly flip flopped and called and an "evolution" in thought. What a bunch of crap, it was coming out for dollars. He gave his little speech and then went to a Hollywood fund raiser the next day to make bank. Don't be angry because he got called out for his BS politics.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 14 May, 2012 08:22 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Likely, the sizable pro-gay Democrat mainstream informed Obama that he had to get in line if he expected full support. He wanted smaller flack from those who liked his anti-gay stance, so he trotted out Biden - whose loose-cannon reputation actually came in handy.

Idealizing a politician is naive.

Accusing someone of doing so is arrogant.
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Tue 15 May, 2012 07:29 am
Quote:
Now, you may recall as well that during my term in office our conservative values also came under attack. Less than a year after I took office, the state's supreme court inexplicably found a right to same-sex marriage in the constitution written by John Adams. I presume he'd be surprised.

(LAUGHTER)

I fought to have a stay on that decision, then pushed for a marriage amendment to our constitution. We lost by only one vote in the legislature. And I successfully prohibited out-of-state couples from coming to our state to get married and then going home.

ROMNEY: On my watch we fought hard and prevented Massachusetts from becoming the Las Vegas of gay marriage.

(APPLAUSE)

When I am president I will defend the Defense of Marriage Act, and...

(APPLAUSE)

... and I will fight for an amendment to our Constitution that defines marriage as a relationship between a man and a woman.

(APPLAUSE)

source

Not political at all.

I have never understood why people bring up the constitution as though it is the holy grail in the first place. There are lots of ideas I am sure those who framed it never would have approved of, such as women's vote and free slaves to name two.

(still haven't got my spell check, my grammer never was anything to brag about, know how it is so important to some of you folks...)
Butrflynet

Reply Tue 15 May, 2012 07:23 pm
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/485661_10150816747231275_177486166274_10008681_1702627286_n.jpg
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 15 May, 2012 08:41 pm
@Butrflynet,
Conservatives are confused about democracy, taxes, upkeep of our country, and equal rights that "all men are created equal." They want to impose their brand of religion to control women's bodies, deny equal rights to gays, and attempting to teach creationism in science classes. They also do not want to pay for infrastructure, our children's education, change Medicare into a voucher system, and discontinue social security to be replaced by a
private investment fund. They also support wars, but doesn't want to pay for them - even by the simple fact that a republican president started the two wars Obama inhereted.
Then they complain that our national debt continues to grow.

There is no solution for stupid.
There is no solutio,