Is this normal?

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 02:45 pm
Okay, I'm 13 and lately i've been EXTREMELY attached to my Mom. Like how little children are. I follow her everywhere( i even wait for her outside the bathroom sometimes), we do everything together, and I'm always on her, hugging her, kissing her, telling her how much I love her. I don't like to go anywhere out of my house without her, or else I become depressed and get homesick. I don't know where this came from...it just started a couple weeks ago. My mom doesn't mind because me and my brother are her only children and my brother's about to leave home(he's turning 17 this december and going to 11th grade this august). Is it normal for someone by age to be acting like this? Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,950 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 02:51 pm
@raexxrae,
Perhaps you can tell us how 'normal' you think it is?
raexxrae

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 03:13 pm
@Ragman,
I don't know. Otherwise I would't be here. I'm a child, that's why I'm coming to adults. Going to people my own age is stupid.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 03:23 pm
@raexxrae,
In various places you said ...

Quote:

... I'm 13 and lately i've been EXTREMELY attached to my Mom. Like how little children are. I follow her everywhere (I even wait for her outside the bathroom sometimes),I don't like to go anywhere out of my house without her, or else I become depressed and get homesick.
I don't know where this came from...it just started a couple weeks ago.

So, now you tell us what you think about how normal this is?
Butrflynet

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 03:25 pm
@raexxrae,
Sounds like you've got some anxiety about your brother leaving home. Maybe your mom does too and this is your way of reassuring her that she's still got you at home.

Have you talked with her about the changes happening in your family?
raexxrae

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 07:19 pm
@Ragman,
First of all, don't get on my post just to bash me. Now you seem like the child, arguing with me. Seriously? Go somewhere. I'm done with you. I did nothing to you, so don't come on MY post talking crap to me,criticizing me. I don't even know you and I'm the type of person that likes to get to know people before I judge them, but are certaintly the exception. Don't question my level thought. Bye now. -Rae
raexxrae

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 07:25 pm
@Butrflynet,
We always do talk about how much we'll miss him and how different things will be he's gone(he's the lively one of the two of us).
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2011 06:33 am
@raexxrae,
raexxrae wrote:
Go somewhere. I'm done with you. I did nothing to you, so don't come on MY post talking crap to me,criticizing me.

Learn some manners, pantywaist. Go crying back to mommy. Baby.

0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2011 06:38 am
@raexxrae,
You've totally misunderstood the nature of my question to you. I was not bashing you at all. I was simply inquiring as to what you felt was happening in this recent change in both your mom's and your behavior. Why haven't you asked your mom what she thinks about the recent behavioral change?

What is 'Normal' is irrelevant but your feelings about your own behavior and your opinion is what matters - not anyone else's. Your words indicated to me that you felt it was not normal. I was trying to help you reflect on your own behavior. When someone is very young, having the ability to self-reflect is very important.

In the future, you might want to think first and not be so defensive. If the level of your maturity and your response is an indicator, you need to grow quite up a bit, to say the least. Take a look around the questions and posts on A2K. When people ask for help here, people often do their best to give the honest truth - not advice telling people what they want to hear.

When you don't understand someone's response (as you clearly didn't), you should ask about the nature of the response and not assume it's someone bashing you.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2011 07:06 am
@raexxrae,
raexxrae wrote:

Okay, I'm 13 and lately i've been EXTREMELY attached to my Mom. Like how little children are. I follow her everywhere( i even wait for her outside the bathroom sometimes), we do everything together, and I'm always on her, hugging her, kissing her, telling her how much I love her. I don't like to go anywhere out of my house without her, or else I become depressed and get homesick. I don't know where this came from...it just started a couple weeks ago. My mom doesn't mind because me and my brother are her only children and my brother's about to leave home(he's turning 17 this december and going to 11th grade this august). Is it normal for someone by age to be acting like this? Thanks.
I don't know about normal; but if you can keep that up and are not afraid of herpies, then you have a great future in politics ahead of you... I have never voted for anyone who did not do exactly as you with your Mother, following me to the john, smoootching on me, and pledging eternal love... Why it never goes beyond the oath of office I cannot say... Just when you think you really have a relationship going with them they up and find some other butt to smootch on...From somebody to nobody in no seconds flat is how I feel...
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2011 07:18 am
I think this kid (if it is a kid) is weird.
Fido

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2011 07:36 am
@contrex,
contrex wrote:

I think this kid (if it is a kid) is weird.

I think the mother is weird too... But here is the thing... If we all admitted how much love we actually need, the dog would be petted clean of fur... You can't love on your kids as much as your kids need love, or some one will call the cops... Loneliness is the common disease of our society, and insecurity is instilled into us... If it were possible to destroy every tv and computer in America there would still be people telling the kids that if they don't have this or that, that it is because their parents are assholes who don't love them, and so every parent becomes just that in the eyes of their children because the children are played upon until the parents have no more money to build up the child's feeling of self worth made to depend upon material things...
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2011 07:37 am
@raexxrae,
Where are your friends that you feel the need to ask this question of strangers? Why dont you ask them, and what them with their parents to see if you are weird?

That answer from an American is that this is not normal, at this age you should be separating from your parents emotionally.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2011 08:34 am
@raexxrae,
I'd be more concerned if this was a long-term thing, but this has only been a couple of weeks.

Why is your brother leaving now? I wonder if the "why" has something to do with things, too. (Having him leave would be hard no matter what, but if he's starting 11th grade in August, curious about why he would be leaving -- sounds like he's not graduating and going to college, for example.)
0 Replies