The Republican Nomination For President: The Race For The Race For The White House

roger

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2012 01:04 am
@cicerone imposter,
Whatcha' do there C.I. is let them lay one joint and turn on the spigot. That's the way it was when I was starting out.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2012 01:07 am
@roger,
Free flow; that's cheaper than $2.50/gallon. Shocked
RABEL222

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2012 01:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I got a tank full free today. But I had to avoid a farmer and his shotgun!
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2012 01:34 pm
@RABEL222,
Is that what we call "free flow?" Mr. Green Laughing Laughing
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2012 12:00 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Those GOP candidate talking about $2.50/gallon gas are all liars! Even China pays more for gas than the US, and they're impacting the price of oil by their increasing demand. That affects everybody, not just the US.

Has any of the GOP candidates ever explained how they can deliver $2.50/gallon gas? They're good on one-liners, but always lack the "detail" of the when and how.
spendius

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2012 02:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You could easy get $2.50 a gallon. You just make leisure drivers as ashamed as those ladies who wore fur coats were made to feel ashamed. Booing gas guzzlers. Anything below 5o mpg. 10 years gas would be $1.50.

And the GOP men are only "talking" about it. The important signals have been sent out already. Everything else is one-liners. We all know where they stand on certain issues and we know where Mr Obama stands on them too.

Who knows what the gas price means to them? I would rather have $10 gas and a NHS than $2.50 and a permanent anxiety about going broke everytime I feel a twinge. Too right.

Something has to be done about anybody being kept on life support until their cash runs out. If only on behalf of the beneficiaries of 88 year old coma patients costing $5,000 a week to keep going. All the dough would end up with the medical companies. Assuming I've got my evolution science straight on such a simple principle.

One might watch a fin turn into a wing with that one. See evolution at work in organisms called bureaucracies.

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2012 05:10 pm
People with brains need to wake up because things look like they could get very interesting this summer.

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2012 10:53 pm
@reasoning logic,
In Romney's speech today, he said Obama implemented job killing legislation. What he's talking about is what the GOP has been claiming all along about ObamaCare. Here are the facts about ObamaCare and job loss.

From FactCheck.
Quote:
1.6 million lost jobs?

The second piece of evidence offered by the GOP report is a study by the National Federation of Independent Business, projecting a 1.6 million job loss. But here the GOP misrepresents the evidence again. The NFIB did not study the new law. Its report was based on a hypothetical employer mandate that bears little resemblance to what was actually passed — and it also projects a gain of hundreds of thousands of health care and insurance industry jobs.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2012 11:32 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
and it also projects a gain of hundreds of thousands of health care and insurance industry jobs.

Thus bulking up yet more our already morbidly obese healthcare delivery system, which is exactly the wrong way to go. Way to Go OBAMA!
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2012 11:44 pm
I saw a clip last week ( I don't know how recent it was) of Santorum dragging out the 'Why are scientists so concerned about rising CO2 levels, there's nothing wrong with CO2, try telling a plant it's bad'.

Now I'm used to uneducated climate change sceptics toting that one out, but a presidential candidate? That's like having a neon on sign on your forehead flashing 'I AM AN IDIOT'.

Using the statement's own logic the speaker should be willing to scuba dive using only a tank of CO2, because clearly it's not dangerous - and that's as valid as the 'plants love it' argument.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2012 12:06 am
@hingehead,
All the GOP candidates have that on their forehead: I'm an IDIOT. Vote for me! The mystery is they're getting the votes.

Contraceptive anyone?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2012 07:29 pm
@hingehead,
Quote:
Now I'm used to uneducated climate change sceptics toting that one out, but a presidential candidate? That's like having a neon on sign on your forehead flashing 'I AM AN IDIOT'.

You seem surprised, Hinge. Both Reagan and Bush2 were idiots and they were elected. It's a requirement for conservative candidates to be idiots.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 12:56 pm
@hingehead,
Maybe it has to do with the fact that a bunch of well respected and highly qualified scientists don't buy all of the ideologically motivated and entirely suspect horseshit we are being handed by Global Warming hysterics who personally profit from their positions.

But then you are so much smarter than Santorum and have obviously analyzed all the data and independently come to the same conclusion as the hysterics.

Depite the constant braying of self flagellants devoted to Gaia, "all" qualified scientists don't agree with the hysterical conclusions and predictions.

In this case, there is simply no room for dissent...right?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 12:57 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I feel completely and totally comfortable saying that I'm much smarter than Santorum. And I'm quite sure you feel the same way, Finn.

Cycloptichorn
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 01:01 pm
@hingehead,
BTW...you have conveniently distorted "the speaker's" logic. Even your revered climate scientists are not claiming that the danger of increased Co2 emissions is that we will all die from oxygen deprivation.

Your triggered at least one "Amen" from a usual suspect though so maybe it was worth the intellectual dishonesty.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 01:06 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I am, but then I'm much smarter than most people. Cool

I doubt you are, but if you are...so what?

I'm sure there are people much smarter than me who have emotionally and financially desperate lives. Chance are pretty good that I would never hire them and I would certainly never vote for them to run the country.
hingehead

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 01:17 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Hi Finn

Still distorting your way through life? At least you said maybe.

My only point is - saying 'CO2 is safe for plants therefore of no concern re climate change' is a massively stupid thing to say, or massively condescending to your audience. It doesn't hold up to the simplest rules of logic, regardless of whether climate change is a hoax or not.

Of course when did you ever see my point rather than go off on your own little preconception-flooded rants.

Good to see you again!
parados

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 01:25 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
However Santorum appears to have claimed CO2 isn't bad because it's good for plants. That is an argument on the same level as diving with pure CO2. It has nothing to do with why CO2 is considered bad.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 02:11 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Claiming you are smarter than most people begs the question. Mr. Green
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 04:25 pm
@hingehead,
Correct me if I'm wrong (as I'm sure you will try and do so even if you think I am right), but your point seems to be that Santorum is an "idiot" because he doesn't accept the notion that increased Co2 in the atmosphere is a huge threat to the planet.

His comment about plants and C02 was merely a throw away line to the crowd before which he was speaking...much like yours.